Replies

• Laquincy
    Laquincy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me as well
  • Patriciar90
    Patriciar90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am also doing the 30 day shred and I would like to join your group.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today - yay me! - Please add me to your group.
  • ctmize2512
    ctmize2512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this group! Hope it keeps me mnotivated! I'm 3 days into 30DS & already feeling the burn! LOL! Please add me to the group!
  • crystal_lynn88
    crystal_lynn88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm on level 2 right now but I might stay at level 2 for a couple weeks so you guys can catch up (and because I'm scared of level 3).
  • germanveg
    Options
    Can I join? I'm starting day 2 in a few minutes. I did this up to day 13 end of 2012. I'm a years-long lurker of this board, but was never motivated enough to sign up. Until today :)
  • lt10061
    Options
    can i join? currently on day 3 - looking for friends need motivation :)
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ok...did day 1 of the shred.....Not sure if this is something I can continue with as it is very hard on my back. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back and the jumping is really too hard on my back. I am still going to keep up with it but may have to try something else beside the jumping. Will give it a couple of more days...May have to just get back to yoga and strength training.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    count me in! i did day 1 on monday, but this morning was so sore i couldn't jump up and down much so i did yoga instead. hoping to pick it up again tomorrow.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Ok...did day 1 of the shred.....Not sure if this is something I can continue with as it is very hard on my back. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back and the jumping is really too hard on my back. I am still going to keep up with it but may have to try something else beside the jumping. Will give it a couple of more days...May have to just get back to yoga and strength training.

Lost_it - If is aggravates your back, STOP or at least modify the moves with something that has less impact. That is why they have the disclaimer (that no one ever pays attention to) to seek medical advice before starting the program. Many people that drop out around days 5-10 do so because of knee and back problems (I'm one of them. I have a herniated disc and sciatica). Many of these moves should not be done with those conditions. I ended up in physical therapy as a result.

Now I know what I can and can't/shouldn't do. Those disclaimers are there for a reason. Check with your Dr. While this is a highly popular and effective program, it's not for everyone. Just check the reviews of the people that gave it 1 star on Amazon. You'll see a common thread.
  • Frazzzl3
    Options
    I lost half a stone in 5 days!
  • easydo14
    easydo14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, will someone explain what the 30 day shred is?
  • Frazzzl3
    Options
    you get as shredded as you can in 30 days......
  • Frazzzl3
    Options
    half a stone lost in 5 days, people! don't try too hard to keep up with me! ill be smashing out the reps while you sit and admire!
  • redsoxmj
    Options
    I'm on day 5 today! Still killing me though! I swear that first round of cardio gets me every time! I would love to be added to your group. I do have a question, how often are you suppose to be doing the workout, my legs get so sore after 2 days. I've decided to work out Monday, Tuesday, rest on Wednesday, do Thursday and Friday and break on the weekends for 4 days a week total of the work out. Is that acceptable or should I be doing the work out every day>
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am doing the 30 day shred also, and have just finished day 5. Will be good to hear how everyone else is doing. Got to try my hardest to not weigh in or measure till after 30 days! Hoping for a great result from my thighs especially.
  • JonMB
    JonMB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @redsoxmj, you're supposed to do it every day but if you need a break for a day, then take it! Nothing wrong with that. Just don't go too easy on yourself. :)
  • miselly
    miselly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred - its a Jillian Michaels exercise program. You can buy the DVD or have a look at it here www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8‎

Day 1 for me today and I'm feeling fine!
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Day 3 completed - I get winded still on the last set of cardio and can't do the last ab exercise all the way through but I don't just stop I do another exercise from her DVD in the place of what I can't handle. Moving is losing!

If anyone wants to add me - please feel free to - I am determined to lose another 17 pounds or hopefully more in 2014 and stay active and healthy.
  • papyapa
    papyapa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pls add me too! I am on day 5 of lvl 1. LOVE IT! So sore, but LOVE IT!!! Would love to be added!
    Good luck!