I dont want to eat twigs and berries

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    For the rest of this post can we please stop with the penis jokes!! Yes I said twigs and berries haha . I would appreciate serious advice thanks

You've gotten some really good advice so far. I'm not sure what else you're looking for?

At this point I'd just parrot what everyone else is saying. Set a reasonable calorie goal. Eat foods that you like as long as they fit within that goal. Look for foods with more protein, fat, and fiber as these help us feel fuller and more satisfied. Drink plenty of water. Exercise as you're able to. Adjust the plan when/if it stops working for you.
    Does everyone like to argue I know I have gotten great advice thank you I just wanted the penis jokes to stop thank you

You should keep reporting them!
  • GTBbeautifulbrandi
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great advice and support . I'm really hoping I can get to my goal weight . I think with portion control, exercise and the right mind set ( no more panic at meal time) I'll be okay . If anyone is intersted I would love a mentor!
  • GTBbeautifulbrandi
    Options
    For the rest of this post can we please stop with the penis jokes!! Yes I said twigs and berries haha . I would appreciate serious advice thanks

You've gotten some really good advice so far. I'm not sure what else you're looking for?

At this point I'd just parrot what everyone else is saying. Set a reasonable calorie goal. Eat foods that you like as long as they fit within that goal. Look for foods with more protein, fat, and fiber as these help us feel fuller and more satisfied. Drink plenty of water. Exercise as you're able to. Adjust the plan when/if it stops working for you.
    Does everyone like to argue I know I have gotten great advice thank you I just wanted the penis jokes to stop thank you

They probably won't stop, considering the title of the tread references a common euphemism for such things.
    For anyone who is mature twigs and berries also means salads and grains and vegatables .
  • wheird
    Options

They probably won't stop, considering the title of the tread references a common euphemism for such things.
    For anyone who is mature twigs and berries also means salads and grains and vegatables .

Adults joking around about such things is uncouth and immoral
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I find that eating a meal that is protein dense is far more filling that a carb dense meal for the same amount of calories.
    ex: my breakfast today was 305 calories (coffee, 18% cream, 2 slices of ham, an egg and a slice of cheese with ketchup and an orange) compare that to a bowl of honey nut cheerios with milk and 1/2 banana for the same calories
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I also want to add I'm on a tight food budget . We eat a lot of food we have killed and butchered ourselves. Deer, moose , pig and chicken

Then make some marinades and have some yummy meats! I love chicken marinaded in mayo, vinegar and garlic myself!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I don't think it's very mature to refer to "salads and grains and vegetables" as "twigs." So consider that before you write off everyone giggling at your thread title as immature.

And besides, it's the internet. It's public. Expecting everyone to be the model of decorum is not reasonable. If you use euphemisms for male genitalia in your thread title, expect people to giggle. Just ignore it and move on if you don't like it.
  • GTBbeautifulbrandi
    Options
    How about joke around on your own post I don't think it such a bad thing for someone to ask not to have 50 penis joke on their thread when they are trying to read through real advice . Thanks
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I eat meat, fruit, and vegetables everyday. I still drink whole milk. I eat ice cream and cake and cookies and candy and chips. Do I eat more fruits and veggies now than before? Yes, of course. Do I eat less sugary/fattening things than before? Of course. I'm sure this has been said already (I didn't read the entire thread), but if you deny yourself things you love, you're more likely to binge eat them. So you make room to enjoy them as you please without going over your caloric intake for the day.
  • GTBbeautifulbrandi
    Options

I don't think it's very mature to refer to "salads and grains and vegetables" as "twigs." So consider that before you write off everyone giggling at your thread title as immature.

And besides, it's the internet. It's public. Expecting everyone to be the model of decorum is not reasonable. If you use euphemisms for male genitalia in your thread title, expect people to giggle. Just ignore it and move on if you don't like it.
    It is a weight loss site go make your jokes on facebook where they belong and stop posting on mythread or I'll report it thank you
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How about joke around on your own post I don't think it such a bad thing for someone to ask not to have 50 penis joke on their thread when they are trying to read through real advice . Thanks

Get over it,
    It's going to happen over and over again - on your threads, on others.
    It's called the internet.
  • wheird
    Options

You tell them, it's hard enough wading through this stuff without it
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

It is a weight loss site go make your jokes on facebook where they belong and stop posting on mythread or I'll report it thank you

No, this isn't a weight loss site.
    It's called My FITNESS Pal. Not my WEIGHT LOSS Pal.
    Not everyone is hear for weight loss so don't assume.

Jokes belong on here too, not just Facebook.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Yeesh.

Seriously. This is a public internet forum. You have to accept the fact that people will say things you don't like. All you can really do is just ignore it. If you can't handle that, you probably should reconsider posting.

General protip: asking people on the internet to stop doing something in your thread is just going to double the amount of unwanted comments in your thread.
  • wheird
    Options
    I am outraged
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    IN for posting unwanted comments! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So eat what you like and count the calories. Over time, you may find that you can live with some substitutions or changes if that means being able to eat more of your favourite foods. For example, tonight I'm having ravioli and leftover Christmas cake, so that means the rest of my day consists of fruit, salad, carrots, cucumbers, and low fat cottage cheese. Over time you'll learn what you can live without, or what you can do to make more room in your diet for things that you love. Just takes time and practice. Get logging!

This exactly! When I first started MFP, I had to completely plan out my meals the night before, to make sure I could stay under my calorie goal. If I knew I was having a big dinner, I adjusted my breakfast and lunch accordingly. Or, I could add an extra 15 minutes to my workout. I even pre-logged my workouts so I could have the extra calories to count in. I never once ate twigs :-), but I did purchase a food scale ($15 Walmart). That was probably the biggest and most shocking change for me... I was eating WAY too much food at each meal... sometimes double the suggested serving size. I had to pre-log and weigh my food for a good 6 months before I really "trained" myself on proper serving sizes and until my belly shrunk and I got used to knowing what to eat. Practice, Practice, Practice. Good luck! Don't give up! Baby steps.
  • GTBbeautifulbrandi
    Options
    Wow I can't honestly believe that we are all adults here. All I asked is for people to stop with the jokes on a post I posted. Instead of people respecting my wishes like mature adults I get bashed !!! Pretty much told I'm a baby !!! And yes I realize not everyone here is here to lose weight excuse me for calling it a weight loss site . It just sucks that now I have to reconsider using a site because of people who can't get through there day without going on the internet and arguing and making jokes at other people. Thanks for ruining my thread
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

No, it's a fitness site and you freaking said twig and berries.
  • wheird
    Options
    Wow I can't honestly believe that we are all adults here. All I asked is for people to stop with the jokes on a post I posted. Instead of people respecting my wishes like mature adults I get bashed !!! Pretty much told I'm a baby !!! And yes I realize not everyone here is here to lose weight excuse me for calling it a weight loss site . It just sucks that now I have to reconsider using a site because of people who can't get through there day without going on the internet and arguing and making jokes at other people. Thanks for ruining my thread

Ok, I think you're trolling now. Reported