The Daniel Plan

Options
Just wanted to know if anyone has tried the Daniel Plan (GOD based Diet)?

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Diets just set you up to fail. LIFESTYLE CHANGES don't fail. Plus, a religious diet just sounds twice as silly.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I had no idea what this was, so I googled. Apparently it is a way for Pastor Rick Warren to make money. Dr. Oz helped to design plan, so that's a huge red flag right there that it's bunk.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I had no idea what this was, so I googled. Apparently it is a way for Pastor Rick Warren to make money. Dr. Oz helped to design plan, so that's a huge red flag right there that it's bunk.
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Daniel fast is a plant based diet. Look in the book of Daniel. He didn't eat the kings meat (standard American diet) but instead ate pulse and beans and looked better than the kings men after. It's what science is telling us. Eat plant based non processed healthy food. Rick Warren just repackaged it for money. Google Daniel fast instead of Daniel plan.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The Daniel fast is a plant based diet. Look in the book of Daniel. He didn't eat the kings meat (standard American diet) but instead ate pulse and beans and looked better than the kings men after. It's what science is telling us. Eat plant based non processed healthy food. Rick Warren just repackaged it for money. Google Daniel fast instead of Daniel plan.

What science would be telling me that?
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not about to get into a pissing match about it. Too many people on here do that. I'm sure there is another post where you can find the info if you want. To each his/ her own. If you want to know he science you can of it yourself and make your own decision. I'm convinced and it's working for me.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh.. Religions been mentioned .. this threads so gonna get shut down.. lol

sounds like and interesting way of eating. ;)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Science doesn't tell us that at all. Also, "looked better" is very much a matter of preference.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who did it and it worked for her. I do think the combining the spiritual reflection and the effort to eat well chosen food was a good approach. I find that, when I don't care for myself emotionally and spiritually, I get stressed and overeat. I am clear that I need sensible guidelines about what to eat, accountability for what I eat and peace of mind to succeed at losing weight and gaining health.

Don't pay attention to those who dismiss it out of hand with no experience. Do YOU.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a God-based diet. You have to subsist on prayers and sacrifices and the terror and/or adoration of your flock.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Science is telling us that in Daniel's time, people ate a "standard American diet" but Daniel looked better because he ate beans?

You actually believe this, right?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Science is telling us that in Daniel's time, people ate a "standard American diet" but Daniel looked better because he ate beans?

You actually believe this, right?

I was about to ask virtually the same question.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Then why was Jesus passing out loaves of bread and fish? Turning water into wine?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Then why was Jesus passing out loaves of bread and fish? Turning water into wine?

That was before the crucifixion. Doesn't count.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

is the book of daniel a scientific journal? I'm not familiar with it.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    This a religious fast not a diet plan. Though it could be I don't think most people could sustain it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

That was before the crucifixion. Doesn't count.

Ok, so no meat eating just sacrificing animals to an angry god while you eat beans?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Mixing religion with diet plans? This can only end well. I am so in.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry, I don't take diet advice from fairy tale books
This discussion has been closed.