WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, almost ready for bed, but wishing strength to those who need it, cheers to those who need them, and goodnight to all!

Cynthia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Sympathy to your friend who lost her son to ALS. :cry: It is hard to lose a child for any reason, but to have them stolen bit by bit is something I hope I never have to experience.:flowerforyou:

Patceoh: Sounds like you had a good visit with DD. Congratulations.:flowerforyou:

Jane in CO: Sorry your DH doesn’t keep his deals. Do I need to hate your DH or can I ignore him?:huh:

Connie in CO: I haven’t seen your posts in ages. I’m happy you’re here.:smile: Your DH sounds like a “keeper.” My DH is on a low salt diet, which means I cook everything without salt and add what I want at the table. I find I’m happy with less salt than I was used to eating. I feel it in my hands more than anywhere else, and the freedom from discomfort is wonderful. There is salt substitute available and it is potassium chloride rather than sodium chloride. It works well with some things and not as well with others. Mrs. Dash has several products that use other seasonings to add flavor, and we’ve found some pleasant salt free seasonings at Costco. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Gloria in metro Detroit: Stay warm. I love almonds as a snack. I get the kind that are air dried without added salt, and am able to have about 5 at a time if I want them. I’ll admit, I have a good supply and don’t choose them very often.:flowerforyou:

We looked at 2 RV’s today that we were considering renting. I’m not going to pay the price to rent either. Yikes! At least they didn’t make me claustrophobic. Do any of you have an RV? What is good, great, not so good, and awful about the RV and its use? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

January goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Focus on fitness: daily cardio plus strength training a minimum of twice a week.
    3. Water: According to an article a friend posted on facebook, drinking water at certain times maximizes its effectiveness on the body. So I’ll try to follow these recommendations:

* 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
    * 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
    * 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
    * 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I hope you are all snug and warm tonight. It's really cold here today, barely out of single digits all day. I went with three friends to a ceramic workshop over at College of the Ozarks at Branson, Missouri. It was a fun day, but boy, am I tired. I woke up at 4am waiting for the alarm to go off at 5:30. Our little group went to a Chinese buffet restaurant for lunch, and there was not one single thing there that I could eat. Everything was fried and/or salty. Plus, they served fish and I am allergic to fish, so I was worried about cross-contamination. So, I walked across the parking lot to the grocery store and bought some fruit and a small package of Swiss cheese. It worked out really well. But I was starving when I got home.

YannieJannie, I don't know which vet school, but I will ask the next time I see my friend.

Joyce, I have trouble with some cosmetics because they sometimes use a fish protein of some sort, which gives me an allergic reaction. My doc says it's a component in the sunscreen. So I haven't worn makeup in years either. Just look at how much money we have saved!

Connie, I am on very low salt. I use a LOT of Mrs Dash. Garlic and herb is my favorite. Great with chicken and sweet potatoes. Just yesterday I bought the salt substitute "No Salt" and tried it on a pork chop. It tasted ok, but it's not salt. And they say some people shouldn't use it because of getting too much potassium. I'm always low on that, so I figured it was ok. It's really hard to find foods without sodium. Even raw meats often have sodium solution added, especially chicken and pork. Bread is loaded with it. Be sure to check the labels. I got the American Heart Association cookbook, and I really like some of the recipes I've tried from it. They have a lot of recipes online too. Swiss cheese is the lowest sodium cheese. I get grated Swiss to use on salads and omelets. By the way, egg beaters, which are supposed to be heart healthy, have a lot of sodium.

Good night everyone!

Sylvia
  • c0c0nn0r
    Options
    Wow what a lot of posts in 2 days .. I bought a treadmill yesterday - way too cold, snowy and icy to walk outside
    It should be delivered in about 2 weeks - can't wait to start walking again..I'm just not motivated to go to the gym
    at 4 a.m. in this weather.

Sue when I found out I had to have another stereotactic biopsy I was so upset -I hated the first one
    what a difference a couple of years make..it was so much easier - the tech told me they use smaller needles etc.

DeeDee your granddaughter sounds adorable...thanks for the reminder about drinking water.

Colleen IL
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did about 1-1/4 hr of "10 Pound Slimdown with Chris Freitag" DVD today. It's a pretty good DVD. Unfortunately, it's also defective so we'll have to send it back to Amazon. They're so good about returns. Tomorrow I'm planning to do a "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD that I got for Christmas. I remember renting some of Richard Simmons' DVD's and I wasn't real impressed, hope this one is different.

Still trying to get that insurance/reclast thing taken care of. Called the MD's office today (I can sure be a pain, can't I?) Evidentally, the lady AGAIN submitted it to the company they use for the recerts. I admit, I got a little pissed off and told her they keep saying that it doesn't need to be precertified. She then transferred me to someone who evidentally is above her. That lady called the company who does the recerts and then called me back to tell me that I was right, that it does need to be precertified. What she thinks is the problem is that the previous order was precertified for 1 year and my next appt is for 1yr and 1day. Now this first lady is talking to the company who does their preauthorizations and will get back to me. And if she doesn't, you can be sure that I will be calling the insurance co. As a matter of fact, I intended to call them Monday anyway to see where we are, so hopefully, they'll be able to give me some good info.

Meg - when Sadie first developed the hyperthyroidism, we gave him the meds. They worked fine for a few months but eventually he built up a resistance. After the treatment, we never had a problem with PJ or Sadie, just hope the same is true of Lexi (that is, IF she needs it, which we're pretty sure she does). LOL dog peeing...thanks for the smile

Anne - tell the new pt what you had in mind, he may be thinking that you don't want to be as agressive as you do. Good luck to you with him.

Terri - as far as I'm concerned (and I know just about anyone else here) just coming here and introducing yourself is memorable.

Viv - I'm with you, don't know why the time goes by so fast when I'm here. I've gotten to where if I have something that needs to get done, I'll do that first and THEN come here. Or if I'm scheduled to go somewhere, I have to put the timer on to remind me of the time

Alison - how terrible for your SIL! That was very nice of you to go pick her up. Glad they found the car. So sorry that the GPS and Easy Pass weren't there . Wonder what they needed the car for? FIL had his car stolen quite a few years ago and it appears that the car was used for a drug run. All our printers are wireless. It IS so nice to be in another room and then to be able to have something printed out somewhere else. But on the not-so-good side, you don't get immediate feeback that somethng printed.

Sandy from ON - you take such good care of yourself, so sorry that you're down but I bet you'll be back up real soon

Jane - so sorry about your friend. Sending up prayers for her

Laura in CO - so sorry about your daughter, but at least she has you to help her

katla - when PJ and Sadie first had the hyperthyroidism, the vet told us that 20 years ago, you never heard of it. It's just recently that cats are getting it. To me, that points to an environmental issue, but I don't know what it is. All of our cats are rescues. The symptoms are that they have a voracious appetite but will be losing weight. In Lexi's case, we just happened to take her to the vet for her annual immunizations and she'd lost 10oz, For a 6lb cat, that's a significant amount of weight. So even tho she doesn't have the voracious appetite, we had them test her blood. The vet also felt her thyroid and in cats you usually don't feel it.

Linda - hope your gs is better soon.

Connie in CO - welcome back! How nice of your hubby to walk to your office. Oh, I can't wait for spring weather. But that also means that we'll have all the landscaping in the front yard to do.

Brenda - welcome! Congrats on doing the 5K. I don't think I could ever do that

Joyce - good for you asking about that chicken breast. I'm amazed at how much you can find out just by asking, it's not on the menu!

Pat in OH - the shower sounds beautiful. Glad you had a great time and then going out to lunch! Good for you!

Jane in CO - well, we got a call from the vet. Yup, it is hyperthroidism. But we'll be going to FL at the end of Feb so what we're going to do is put her on the pills until we get back. Then we might very well go ahead with the surgery. But we know that when they do the surgery, they'll keep her for a week until the radioactivity gets to a good level and then it'll be another 2 weeks when we can't hold her for an extended period of time.

Went with Vince to WalMart. I had these coupons for shirataki noodles and some Babybel and I lost them in the store! Probably someone picked them up and threw them away. I remember having them on top of my coupon box, but then deciding I wasn't going to get the karo syrup there so I put away that coupon. Bet that's when the coupons dropped to the floor. Oh well.

Then a friend came over and we finished watching the Downton Abbey episodes. I really don't mind watching them 2 or 3 times. I get something new out of it each time I watch them.

I saw this thing with Hungry Girl on TV where she said that she made substitutions, instead of the oil and egg that's called for in cake mixes, she substitutes seltzer water. Well, I tried making bownies from a mix but instead of the oil I used seltzer water. She didn't say if it was a 1:1 ratio or not, so I just went under the assumption that it was. Not sure about them, but I didn't tell Vince that they were made with seltzer water. So far...no negative response from him.

Sylvia - you know, sometimes in a restaurant I've told them that I was allergic to certain foods, even when I wasn't because I wanted it cooked a certain way (not fried) or something. The restaurant didn't mind you bringing in outside food? That is great! Doesn't baking soda add sodium to the food?

Colleen - yea on your new treadmill!!!

Michele in NC
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Howdy chicas. Had an ok day…good as far as food goes, but I feel that old out of control feeling. I seem to be more disorganized than usual and not planning my breakfasts and lunches and not doing my after-lunch walks. I am grateful for my pets…my two kitties and benny beagle who as always is a character.

Anne: hope all goes well with the new trainer

Viv: I am feeling disorganized and being late too so you are in good company! No fun being told off though!

Amanda; sounds like you have a busy day ahead!

Deb: thanks for the information! One of my goals is to lose enough weight to get some winter outdoor wear. I can’t find any in my size, but im close to fitting in LLBeans

Alison: wow that is an awful story! I hope you have recovered from all that!

DeeDee: when you find out how to get those extra hours in the day, let me know!

Margaret: we had late school starts yesterday; I slept in a bit too!

Jane: sending prayers to you, Thelma, and your friend with cancer

Laura: so sorry to hear about the mod issue…that is a mess to deal with

Heather: I have a diesel volkswagon and love it. I get such good gas mileage I forget about it til the bell goes off!

Katla: nearly 100% of cats over 13-ish end up with hyperthyroidism and/or renal failure. The vets were amazed that the old man had perfect kidney function at 19!

Linda: seems that GI bug is going around everywhere!

Sandy: hope you feel better soon

Colograndma: I remember you! Welcome back

Yanniejannie: we had wind chills of -20 today but it will be in the 50s tomorrow! Weird weather

Brenda: welcome aboard. I try to check in daily but do what works for you.

Patceoh: sounds like you had a lovely time!

Jane: glad you are happy with your “work”…I have several friends who paid a fortune for cosmetic surgery and it turned out
    awful.

Gloria: I’ll have to try that water…I usually don’t drink them because I’m too cheap

Barbie: sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your friend whose son died.

Well I hate to cut out on you all, but I’m nodding away in the recliner. Sweet dreams to all. Take care, Meg from windy Omaha
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Still cold; to be down to 10 tonight and very cold tomorrow. My event tomorrw has been cancelled and I'm fine to stay in again. The weekend is supposed to be up in the low 40s..............at this rate that will feel positively tropical!!! Opted for a long nap and did not make the soup........had an omlet w/cheese and chives for dinner and came in nicely under on calories. Brought a loaf of banana bread out of the freezer and had a small slice.

Sylvia..........Thanks, I would appreciate any and all info you can find out on the Caribbean schools from someone who knows them first hand. I suppose Canada might be a possibility also (and I have a cousin living in Ontario).

Barbie.......Very sad for your friend's loss; that's a terrible disease.

Pat in Ohio..........WOW!!! That was a huge shower..........she should surely be set for baby!!

janehadji..........I had acrylics for a long time in the 80's; the upkeep really got to be a pain. Glad you are happy with your "tuck"; I have a friend who got one............her recovery took what seemed like forever but she is thrilled with the results to this day!!! I saw her in the grocery store last week and she looks marvelous.

Connie...........Three cheers for DH finding that earing!

Katla..........I have 3 friends with RV's and they all love them.........they all belong to the local RV group and do lots of fun trips with the clubs.

Michele...........That seltzer water trick is going to be useful.......must find out more about it

Meg..........Hope you get your "game" back!!! I remember windchills of -25 when I lived in Mi.; it's bad enough here and doesn't last for months.

Hello to everyone else!!! Stay warm!!!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, my you have a lot on your plate!!!! I haven't worn makeup in years either. But with my face now much thinner and a few more age spots I wanted to try some again. Right now I am sitting here with a few dabs on my face on the areas that got irritated before. I paid good money for this makeup and I do not like to waste things. So far so good. I have also started trying the rejuvenating cream that I put on twice a day to clean up some of my wrinkles. Who knows, maybe it's a bunch of hooey just to get our money. Of course I have to give my face a good washing twice a day to remove the previous evenings cream before putting new cream on. So it could be the soap. But it's the same liquid soap I have used for eons.

Well I think my experiment in decreasing the dose of my cat's medicine has failed. I have always thought when a cat scratched herself she used her claws. Well she is declawed in the front so I guess it would be kind of hard for her to scratch back by her back legs with her front paws. So she kind of bites herself. When I see herself she always is just using her tongue. But she is using her teeth now to. My husband didn't want me to take her off of it anyway and didn't want me to go any lower than the 6 pound dose. So tonight I went back up to the 8 pound dose.

I still haven't got an appointment with the neurologist for him which is fine with him. Don't go see her until he really really needs it. That's his attitude. What if I had taken that attitude with my MS???? I called our family doctors office again and they said they had just sent the referral to neurologist office. Now i'm not really sure I believe that because the other referral, an orthopedic guy for his shoulder, called this morning to set up an appointment. He is anxious to get that one to get some pain relief. I find myself watching and looking more closely to see if I see any other signs. Sometimes I imagine I see something but I think it's only my imagination. Now I feel like my Mom was when she would watch me and try to baby me.

I wish we had an RV!!!! My FIL bought one used and had it placed permanently at a local amusement park RV park. The whole place is quite large. If anyone is going through Southern Indiana and has a chance to go to Holiday World, do it!!!!! Anyway, it was sued and they decorated it kind of crude but that's the kind of people they were and it was OK. We could use it anytime we wanted to if they weren't using it.. He had a very obnoxious, controlling second wife. You knew if you got on the bad side of Harriet you were in for it the rest of her living days. So early on in our marriage I did a good deed that she really appreciated and I was fine. He was a boy scout leader for inner city kids and I arranged for our family practice residents to provide physicals for boy scout camp free of charge. This RV had one bedroom but the couch was supposed to sleep two and kitchen table folded down to also sleep two. Well those two better really be in love and like to spoon or be like sticks, cause they didn't sleep two very comfortable. So my husband took the bedroom, I slept on the couch with youngest daughter and oldest daughter took the kitchen table. It had a nice TV, air conditioner, all the creatures of comfort. I really wanted to buy that RV when he died but she had it sold and donated the proceeds to her church while he was on his death bed. They gave her a big award and got her name in the paper and everything. Two hours after he died she already had ALL his things picked up and given to Goodwill. All my dauhgter wanted was his cowboy hat and it was gone. She had him cremated and wanted his ashes scattered in the yards around their house, she hated her neighbors that much. I knew the guy that owned the funeral home and he secretly gave us half of them. Well, that didn't have anything to do with Katla's and Yanniejannie's talking about an RV.

Nothing more for now, Joyce, Indiana
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    Hello Wonderful Women!

Not much news from me today. Just marking my place.

I work the evening shift (12:30 pm to 8:30 pm) tomorrow so I'm taking the opportunity to play racquetball in the morning with a friend. Report to follow...

Anne, Vancouver area, BC, Canada
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Juust wanted to share with those who might be interested.:happy:
    Every Friday, while I am exercing, there is a radio programme called "Desert Island Discs ", in which a castaway is asked to choose their 8 favourite records. Today's was fadcinating and made my exercising pass in a flash.
    It was a woman called Reverend Rose Hudson - Wilkin, who is the first black chaplain to the Queen and to the Speaker of the House of Commons as well as being a chaplain in the East End of London. She is originally from Jamaica. An inspiring story snd dome grest music to sing slong with!

www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/castaway/8a1ee245#b03q56ks

Or just google desert island discs

You can download it and listen later.

My knee seems to be improving daily.
    I might come back later, but have to do my strength training now.
    Love all you lovely ladies.
    Heather UK
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Lordy, lordy I'm feeling blue today. Cannot pick myself up out of the doldrums and would love to have a good cry. The only thing that's keeping the tears at bay is the fact that I'm at work and my make up would run.

Tomorrow will be a better day I'm sure. If it's not there is going to be some serious bum-kicking (me kicking my own behind!)

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Ah Amanda, sorry you're having one of those days! They suck. The good news is, they don't last forever. :flowerforyou:
    Cynthia
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    God Morning Ladies from COLD Floria :glasses: , I realize it is not anything like some of you are having up North, but for this Southern Girl I am freezing. :laugh:

Thank you for all the well wishes. Still not feeling well, now have added a sore throat and chest congestion :frown: , and working out in this weather is not helping. :grumble: Dr. put me on a Dosepak-& Azithromycin. The dosepak you take al 6 pills the first day, no matter what time you get it, well that was at 5:30 last nite, pkg says may case dizziness is an understatement when you take all 6 at once :noway: But I did sleep a little better last nite, so hopefully I will be on the mend soon.

Still struggling wth the Stress eating. :embarassed: :grumble: :noway: DH is in the process of changing carrers, he currently ownes a Property Management Company (very stressful job) but his time is his own and when things have to be done he can arrange his schedule accordingly, now he has an interview today with a Security Company to be a Security job (think I mentioned he went to school a couple of weekends ago for this). I want him to do what makes hime happy, but this wll totally turn our way of life upside down, he will have to work different shift and nites and weekends, which he does not do now. I know that sometimes change is good, but at this age it will be a big adjustment for us both. We will just have to wait and see.

Congrats to all the NSV's, Prayers for those that need healing, and Welcome to all new comers.

Hope everyone has a Blessed & Wonderful Day! :flowerforyou: Off to brave the cold weather.

Tina in COLD Florida .
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    sorry I didnt check in last night,went back over to the hospital and brought Sean and Jean some of the soup I made, Sean is sick of the hospital food even though he is on a low fat diet because of his pancreas ,the soup wasn't high fat and i brought italian bread with butter,he plowed into that :laugh:
    He has a very good attitude about what happened and both he and Jean( she was a casual drinker) have stopped,He HAS to for his health,she is doing it for her health and his.. Now they both smoke ,but what can you do..there is no booze at the house and I hope he doesnt slip. they should be springing him this weekend,has a low grade fever in the mornings they want to get that under control.
    I did get 10,000 + steps yesterday ,but have been very gentle to myself,alot of stuff going on the past almost 3 weeks,once things settle down I will get back into a exercise routine.
    something wrong with charging the VOLT,the dh's car so I have to srop it off at the dealership early and they have to drop me back off so i can get my car and go to work.
    I am working 8:30-5 today . ,my new phone should be here monday,but could be delayed because of the weather:grumble:
    oh well I have gone this long without ,whats a few more days.
    well ta ta for now
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi All, behind on reading the posts but have plans for the week-end to stay at home and study so I will read then. My DD and family are going to Indianapolis this week-end and I am keeping their two dogs, both Labs. I like the dogs and normally don't mind doing it, however with all the snow and bitter cold weather I am not looking forward to it this time.
    I hope everyone has a healthy and happy day.
    Patty, Cincinnati
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Colleen:smile: How wonderful to see you again:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: !!! Hope you`ll pop back in often, I`ve missed your posts!!!

Connie in OH:smile: Nice to see you again too:flowerforyou::bigsmile: !!!!

Amanda:smile: I`ve had those days too:sad: ! Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou: !

Joyce:smile: I enjoy hearing about your adventures:happy: , the RV sleeping arrangement gave me a giggle:laugh: !

Tina:smile: Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou: !!! I`ve got a cold:sick: , at least I think it`s a cold, my head is so stuffed up I must have slept with my mouth open last night:blushing: , my mouth is so dry this morning, feels like the Sahara desert:angry: !

Alison:smile: So glad Sean will be able to go home this weekend:flowerforyou: ! I hope he`ll stay away from the alcohol and the fatty foods. My little Noel has pancreatitis and anything high fat makes her extremely sick, she is strictly on a low fat diet from the Vets office. That`s not something to mess around with:noway: !!! I hope you`ll take some time for yourself too, you`ve been running like crazy:flowerforyou: !

I am freezing...where is that shivering icon when you need it:laugh: ! It is 8 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 1 :noway:. Way too cold for this southern girl:blushing: !!! I admire all the ladies who have it colder than this, I just could not handle it, I`m ready to move to an island somewhere right now!!! I will not be going to track to walk today:noway: !!!

Must go bundle myself up and take Ms. Dog outside, we will not be out long!!! Have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee freezing in NC
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All you Lovely Ladies :flowerforyou:
    The older and new people....and I don't mean age.....The weather doesn't have any snow in it today but it is -25celcious here....:noway: .....so I am staying parked in this warm apartment till it gets a bit warmer....probably in June or July :tongue: ... .my DH has gone to have lunch with his buddies but is visiting his mom before it and going out and pick up what she may want...she is 86 and in a Nursing Home..so we do not have to worry like we would if she was living at home....

There has been a lot of announcements on the tv to tell people to bring their pets inside...them having fur is not enough to protect them...So I pray for the dear fur baby's and pray the people who own them watch these messages and follow it....I also worry about the homeless and the children living on the streets and I pray for them every day.....

I am having a LOT of dizzy spells....worry each time I will do a face splat on the floor...was cleaning a garbage can and when I bent over... I felt floaty...and I face splattered my face right in the garbage can....not a very graceful face splat :noway: ..could have been worse :ohwell: So while DH is gone I will try to behave myself....but the floaties are out of my hands :grumble: cause even when I get up from setting it happens...

Well Lovely Ladies have an xtra special day..those in the deep freeze...stay warm....Hugs to those who could use them....and Yippee for each lb you lose...you All have my support cheers!!!!

Liz fr Halifax NS (Canada)
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Heather – when you go to NYC, if you want to go to the 9/11 Memorial, you can make reservations in advance online so you don’t have to take a chance waiting that day.

Alison – I don’t share a computer, printer or office space w/DH anymore. It drove me c-r-a-z-y! He responds to all sorts of surveys, etc., and has an inbox filled to the gills with nonsense. And let’s just say we don’t have the same tidiness habits, so there was never any place to put paperwork, etc. We do much better apart in this circumstance. Also saw your post about Sean and Jean being smokers. I don’t know that it is necessarily any better health-wise, but our son went to using an e-cig just over a year ago. His chronic cough is finally gone, he doesn’t smell like smoke anymore and he says it is less expensive.

Liz – hope the dizziness is better. Is it medication related? Maybe the doctor and/or pharmacist can help. I’ve been consciously grateful for a safe, warm home, for nutritious food and for reliable, safe transportation with all this cold weather.

DeeDee – Atlanta is in the same frozen boat as NC. It is very cold!

Amanda – hope today is looking brighter for you.

Must get to work – BBL

Gail, metro ATL
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning to all,

As expected my boy is home due to freezing today. Couldn't leave for Zumba class that I was looking forward to all week but I did reacquaint myself with my advanced Zumba DVD and let Beto help burn my calories and strengthen my body and soul. Forgot how much I really like some of those old time routines.

Fighting the exhausting battle of getting Aaron to do some productive things before letting him near his Ipad and Minecraft, but first a shower.

Enjoy your day in spite of the dreadful weather:cry:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    Back again!

DH has just bought a car! To be delivered in March to get the new registrstion year. I always stay out of that decision as it is HIS car and I am allowed to drive it!:laugh: That's fine with me because it doesn't cost me anything.:bigsmile:
    The only thing I wanted was 4×4 for our horrible floods ( and snowy lanes some years) and I wanted four doors because I was fed up with clambering out of the back when we had visitors. Getting too old for all that! It's a diesel, so should do a few miles to the gallon. He got a very good deal by playing two garages off each other and taking the under bidder! Excellent job.
    So I am grateful for a clever husband as well as him having enough savings for a good trade up.:love: So far I have been able to do without a car of my own and I hope to continue like that as the expense is horrendous.

I haven't heard from my DB so I'm assuming he managed to rearrange his babysitter.:huh: Made the puree today so all is ready for the dinner bar the plums which are out of the freezer. I will cut the frozen salmon roll up tomorrow. I have made a gorgeous cauliflower cheese for supper tonight.

Now relaxing. Will do some memoir this pm.

Amanda - hope you feel better soon. I was a bit blah after Christmas, but I have read so many improving books lately I feel positively euphoric! :laugh: :laugh: Just finished the autobiography of the Dalai Lama as well as Relaxation for Dummies and Mindfulness, a practical guide. Along with my DDIL'S books. All excellent stuff.:happy:

Bye for now!
    Heather in Hampshire UK