CNN article: 10 Reasons To Give Up Diet Soda

Replies

• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    I will keep drinking my diet soda. :drinker:

Me too. EVERYTHING is bad for you at some point so choose your poisons. Diet soda has never been a problem for me so why give it up?
  • Lol at correlation between children and headaches....
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Haven't had any of those symptoms from Diet Coke; in fact, it used to help my child-induced (fatigue) headaches. I must be a special snowflake. :flowerforyou:

edit: damned iPad autocorrect
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    When I was at a very low point in my life, I heard that drinking diet soda can kill you. I decided that was the answer. Sadly, I'm still here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GeminiBridget
    GeminiBridget Posts: 99 Member
    I don't drink sodas period. They are all bad for our bodies, regular and diet.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member

Oh yeah, lets give a BLOG a cute little important sounding name and every one believe it. RME

It's a very good blog, actually.

Would you prefer to see peer reviewed evidence?

Funny thing is, most people refuse to believe all that crap is bad for you until something bad happens to them.

I have an auto immune disease, if I drink a diet soda my pain levels go from a 3 to an 8. No one can convince me that that crap is not bad for you when it gives me pain.

If I have an allergy to peanuts, peanuts can be very very bad for me. This doesn't mean peanuts are bad for everyone.
    But of course if all you people are worried about is the way you look, carry on.

I care about health and performance more than appearance.

It sounds like diet soda causes you some problems. That doesn't mean diet soda is universally harmful.

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10408440701516184

QFT!!! All of this!! and I have type 2 diabetes, I consume 2 to 3 bottle of diet pepsi a day, never has it made me crave sweets, I have lost a couple pounds while drinking it, and I get clean bill of health checkups from my doctor and blood work every 4 months including A1c averaging 5.3-5.4
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    I had given up diet soda a little two years ago and I have not looked back.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member

Oh yeah, lets give a BLOG a cute little important sounding name and every one believe it. RME

Funny thing is, most people refuse to believe all that crap is bad for you until something bad happens to them.

I have an auto immune disease, if I drink a diet soda my pain levels go from a 3 to an 8. No one can convince me that that crap is not bad for you when it gives me pain.

But of course if all you people are worried about is the way you look, carry on.

yes but you have a disease. just because it hurts you with your disease doesn't mean that it's bad for everyone else who dont have that disease.

i mean c'mon by your logic doing cardio workouts or any workouts that raise your heart rate are bad for everyone just because people with cogenital heart issues can't do it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I'm fairly certain that the fizzy part is messing with my tooth enamel and the brown coloring stains them. Plus, it would be a lot better for the environment and my finances if I stopped. But, I'm an addict.
    No, what's bad for your enamel is prolonged acidity, which can be produced by anaerobic bacteria under a layer of plaque, or if you happen to hold pop (or anything acidic) in your mouth all day long, or if you have acidic saliva. Your enamel also needs moisture, so having a dry mouth (such as sleeping with your mouth open and breathing through it) is bad for your teeth.

Having a mildly acidic drink touch your teeth for a few seconds a day is not going to ruin them.

Also, there is no such thing as food (or pop) addiction.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    For me its moderation and timing. If I drink it before I go for a run it messes me up for some reason. It is also a migraine trigger for me. I do drink it when I am not going to have an adverse response to it.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Sorry. I gave up CNN.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    When I was at a very low point in my life, I heard that drinking diet soda can kill you. I decided that was the answer. Sadly, I'm still here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member

Not really.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I gave up diet soda. I drink the real stuff. Sugar is yummy and good for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

You're pretty.:flowerforyou:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Its sweetener is linked to headaches ( aspartame )
    So are children.

:drinker:
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Correlation does not imply causation.

I will repeat: Correlation does NOT imply causation. Whenever I see things like this, easily half of the list falls victim to the idea that because x and y are correlated, x must cause y. No.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Sorry. I gave up CNN.
    :drinker:
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    This reeks of Broscience of the highest order.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Diet Soda makes me eat out of control