Did anyone else crash and burn over christmas?

Options
Six weeks of diet and discipline pretty much destroyed in 6 days of christmas. I'm feeling bloated and uggghh.
I need to bounce back..excuse the pun.

Any good detox ideas?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Probably not that bad if you're trying to gain weight.

Your body already detoxes itself pretty well. Just get back to your normal eating routine and the bloat will be gone in a few days.
  • shhcher
    shhcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ugh, i did the same! Just Started getting myself back on track. One more party tomorrow night (News Years Eve) theyll be lots of food! Hoping I will control myself. Maybe do a glass of water after everything we eat. I dont know of any healthy detox ideas. Get back to tracking!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I pretty much ate anything and everything I wanted for the better half of 4 days, logged everything, enjoyed everything and today went back to business as usual. Will be staying off the scale til next Monday's weigh in and life will go on........ Just get back on track..... Best of Luck
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    Over did it here and there during the holidays, and still have tomorrow to get through, but no detox, just getting back to normal good eating habits and exercise will be the cure,,, got out and walked today, 3 miles in 45 minutes, in chilly 3 degree windchill weather,,,
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I gained 10lbs and all my clothes are tight:( I have always heard that when you move down a size you need to get rid of those clothes so you dont have a "net" well why couldnt I think of that this season???? I am miserable in these clothes ugh. I am starting focus t25 this evening, no excuses.....good luck getting back on track!!!! I am putting an eighth of a teaspoon of celtic salt in my water and this seems to help with some of the bloat, BUT I have a LOT of bloat to get rid of.
  • kcangela
    kcangela Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sadly did the same thing. However, I had a great Christmas and am still motivated enough to want to re-lose the Christmas weight and continue to lose in 2014 (in the past I would have given in and gone back to my old ways of eating like it was Christmas every day)
    Onwards and downwards (?) for the New Year, New healthier me. Best wishes to all of you too, and a Happy and Healthy 2014.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why not just resume your plan? What do you think you need to detox from? How do you think a detox would be beneficial in any way?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    If by "crash and burn" you mean "loosen up a little for the holidays and have a good time eating, drinking, and laughing with my family, without being a crashing bore weighing desserts and cocktail nibbles", then sure, I crashed and burned with style.

Seriously. You have to let yourself go every once in a while. Get back on the wagon. The weight gain is easily undone in a couple of weeks. Detoxing is utter rot invented by people selling you things.
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If by "crash and burn" you mean "loosen up a little for the holidays and have a good time eating, drinking, and laughing with my family, without being a crashing bore weighing desserts and cocktail nibbles", then sure, I crashed and burned with style.

Seriously. You have to let yourself go every once in a while. Get back on the wagon. The weight gain is easily undone in a couple of weeks. Detoxing is utter rot invented by people selling you things.

This
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just get back at it. You know what you did to lose it in the first place so do it again! I have become a binger!! (SP) So when I go on my annual fishing trip I gain, and the holidays too. But I get back on the horse and get it back to where it was before. You can too! :wink:

Mark
  • ginarena05
    ginarena05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes ashamed to say. I dove down into the "holiday season" excuse. Getting back on the horse Jan 2
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    No. Ran 4 miles Christmas morning. Still in my same routine. For me it's just 1 day. Get back to basics. Log log log. Lots of water. Don't let a couple of days off totally derail you. Just get back to it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. No "detox" necessary. Part of this whole thing is learning how to respond reasonably when things don't go as planned.
  • ronda8
    Options
    I had a feeling my new regimen would be ruined during the holidays. No wonder many people start with a New Years resolution and not a two weeks before New Years resolution.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Six weeks of diet and discipline pretty much destroyed in 6 days of christmas. I'm feeling bloated and uggghh.
    I need to bounce back..excuse the pun.

Any good detox ideas?

What toxins did you consume exactly? Did you eat your food off a greasy car engine? Did you drink unfiltered water downstream from a chemical plant? :happy: Seriously you did not eat a bunch of toxic food so just use the extra fuel to kick *kitten* at the gym and get back on track.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Totally over did it.

Totally fun and worth it.

Moving along now. =)

Enjoy it and move on! Dont use it as an excuse to KEEP eating junk.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I overdid it by 4500 cals last week. Getting back on track today.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    whiskey
    lots of it
  • christinac3094
    christinac3094 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Relax and don't worry about it, I didn't stop eating during Christmas and piled on the pounds. Don't be disheartened and keep going, you've come this far and can definitely lose you're Christmas weight :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    If you only overate for 1-2 days, I doubt you really gained any fat. Just water weight from all the excess sodium. However, if you're like me, and have been eating like crap for about a week or two, then you probably did gain actual fat, like me. Nonetheless, it was only a couple lb's, and now that it's over, (....THANK GOD!) it's time to get our head back in the game! Lots of water to flush out as much water retention as we can, up the exercise to make up for the slacking, and go grocery shopping to stock back up on healthy foods, and toss the rest! That's my POA! (plan of action, lol). Bye bye 2013!!! And goodbye to the holiday snacking/gorging!