Did anyone else crash and burn over christmas?

Options

Replies

• april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    You feel gross because of the crap that you ate, but you don't really need to detox, you just need to stop eating crap. I am amazed what a difference a day can make.
  • sophorae
    sophorae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did for 2 weeks over the holiday period, my birthday was in there somewhere too. Pigged out on everything I had been craving or not craving but looked good. Now I am sick of chocolate, croissants, bread, butter, mangoes, cake, ham and sweets. Put on about 1 Kg. Started MFP again on January 1.

One thing I have learnt is that I can now say I would like that; but I don't have to have it now. I'll have as much as I want at Christmas.

I don't know if that is an effective strategy but I guess the next month should show me.
  • lauraaud88
    Options
    Put it behind you and focus on the the future and what you're going to do now. No point worrying about something that is already done! :-D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You feel gross because of the crap that you ate, but you don't really need to detox, you just need to stop eating crap. I am amazed what a difference a day can make.

Whoa whoa whoa, I missed the part where OP ate crap.

No one, under any circumstances, should ever eat crap. That's not healthy at all. In fact, that sounds like a serious mental illness.

Please, people, if you ever find yourself eating crap, or no someone who does, seek professional help immediately.
  • pgray1943
    pgray1943 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happened to me as well except I started at Thanksgiving...your not alone!
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lb in 3 days. I knew I had gained as I could feel it on me - but I thought it was only 2lb - weighed myself a day erly and was shocked!

I got straight back to my long walks and in the past 4 days I have done 12 miles ech day - already 3lb of the gained is off..good riddance!
  • MassMuscle30
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs but It was muscle. Now I just have to lose 25 lbs of fat and I'm all good, but I still do my Intermitting fasting for 16 hours and eat for 8 hours an I love It. And I hit the gym 5 days a week. All clean eating
  • jpereira1964
    jpereira1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think probably most of us did, just accept it and get back on track.
  • kevin831
    kevin831 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My one major weakness is chocolate. I slipped some & gained back 8 lbs during this time. As many of you have said "put it behind you". I will & I will get back to the MFP routine. Thanks for all of your comments. So positive.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Yep- I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas cookies and more wine than I'm used to but it made me sluggish even though I never missed an exercise day. Now that I've been back in my normal routine a few days and have had 4 successive days of hour-plus cardio workouts, I feel a lot better.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've just maintained for the past two weeks. Since I'm losing weight very slowly I didn't want to gain too much, since it would take me a while to work it off. I've had a few red days this past month, and starting Friday I will really get back on track.
    Any good detox ideas?

Yes, let your body's organs (liver, kidneys, spleen, etc) do what they're suppose to do.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    As of today, I've gained nearly 7 lbs over Christmas break. And I'm not discouraged by that. I enjoyed every bit of my break and every bite of delicious food. I knew some weight gain was going to take place and 7 lbs is a little ridiculous, but I'm now done feasting and will get right back at it to lose the extra weight. Had some fun and now to get down to business. Don't let a minor setback like this get you down!
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yep. Christmas, then Dec 26th is my brother's birthday, Dec 27th is my birthday, then New Years Eve, New Years, plus Jan 3rd is my wedding anniversary. One looooong party. I'm up 4 pounds. I say don't sweat the detox thing, just get back to making healthy choices. A detox sounds miserable and unhealthy. Just get back to making healthy choices every day and you'll feel better in no time. Happy New Year!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Me too... I just had the "last meal." Back in full force tomorrow. IF you need support friend me. We can do it together:-)
  • Ajm1321
    Options
    Try a green smoothie with green veggies and use sweet fruit like pineapple to make it taste better this makes me feel less blah
  • taykub
    taykub Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, actually tried losing to start the year off right and ended up gaining 12lbs on the Beyond Diet:( Hoping this site will help me, not feeling so hot right now! trying to find encouragement!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Yes, actually tried losing to start the year off right and ended up gaining 12lbs on the Beyond Diet:( Hoping this site will help me, not feeling so hot right now! trying to find encouragement!

Have you tried consistently and accurately tracking your calories, eating at a slight deficit to TDEE, and moving more?

It's a remarkably effective strategy for weight loss.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly no, ended up losing more weight in Dec than in Nov.
  • emrussellatc
    Options
    Yes! It wasn't just over Christmas. It was from before Thanksgiving. I did the same thing as someone else said they did "ate last meal" (which was almost all crap, not literally) I gained 8 pounds in 8 weeks. Time to get back on the horse and do it again.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Many of these "crash and burn" are the result of too large of a calorie deficit. When getting back to it, it might be a good idea to give some serious consideration as to whether or not the deficit is reasonable.