• Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

Thank you.. :)
  • safetyqueen25
    safetyqueen25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you, also adding the for reference.
  • thunderguts123
    thunderguts123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • kitschywidget
    Options
    This is super informative! Thank you for the advice! I'll surely be returning to this for reference.
  • EmmaLongLegs
    EmmaLongLegs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, not too sure about number 4 guys, see what Scooby says....it's kinda the opposite :-/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

Enjoy Ladies ;-D

He has a great calorie calculator on his website too.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hey, not too sure about number 4 guys, see what Scooby says....it's kinda the opposite :-/
    Enjoy Ladies ;-D

We talked about that point multiple times in the first several pages. As I said I like to do cardio a few times a few to keep up on it and as a buffer. If you want to do more by all means do more. If you don't want to do any by all means just don't. There is no right or wrong way. His calculator is fairly close to the one that I posted, but I find the one I posted allows more adjustment and is more accurate.

The MOST important factor to removing the fat is simply to have a calorie deficit. The reason I suggested not doing a lot is that a significant calorie deficit will increase hormones like leptin and cortisol that will slow progress. Doing cardio increases your TDEE (BMR+daily activity+exercise activity=TDEE) which means you should eat a bit more. So in reality doing lots of cardio like he suggests just increases your deficit (and honestly most people are not accurate with calorie counting, so it is just a buffer for inaccurate logging).

Some of it will come down to experience. I did lots of cardio with a huge deficit for my first bodybuilding competition and I looked sickly on stage. I did a little bit of cardio with a reasonable deficit for my second competition and I came in not only looking healthier, but looking leaner as well. There are plenty of people on this site who have visible abs and do not do cardio, I know I am not the only one.

ETA: As a woman they say it is harder for us to get visible abs. I got and maintained them with little cardio. It is all about the deficit.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Enjoy Ladies ;-D

did you use lots of cardio to get your visible abs?
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing your experience! And nice work!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Simple, sound advice OP. Thumbs up.

Oh and while I don't have the world's greatest abs, what I do have came with essentially no cardio (unless you count dog walks as cardio).

2dul5zn.jpg

Wow! I approve! :love:

<---Mine aren't incredible, but as a woman I'll take visible.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    awesome info OP! thanks :)
  • EmmaLongLegs
    Options
    Just paying forward some information that "for me" was good, sound advice, from somebody with hell of a lot of knowledge and success .
    Simply highlighting an alternative view for each person here to consider....or not..... for themselves.
    Different horses for different courses; free will and all that :-)

usmcmp: Sorry for not bothering to read through the whole thread....how lazy I am :-/
    I'll endeavour to plough through it in the near future, and Thanks in advance for any benefits I'm sure to receive as a result of your advice on this and other threads.

skullshank: ...why?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Simply highlighting an alternative view for each person here to consider....or not..... for themselves.
    Different horses for different courses; free will and all that :-)

No worries. We covered that cardio will be an individual thing (more or less to taste) and that kettlebells are a great option for resistance training as are body weight exercises as long as there is progressive overload.

This topic was written as a general guideline for fat loss without having to workout like crazy. It was reference point for starting. I didn't want people to think they had to do hours of cardio every week for fat loss because it is not necessary if your diet is on point.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Enjoy Ladies ;-D

I'm sorry, but I have to Lol, on this one. Usmcmp's results prove that it worked for her, so I'm going to trust that her methods could work for me, too. :wink:
  • EmmaLongLegs
    Options
    I hear ya! :-D Thanks X
  • EmmaLongLegs
    Options
    WhiteRabbit13: That's absolutely cool :-D Do what is right for you. Go for it.
  • enaliba
    enaliba Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump to read more thoroughly later...
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I found just persisting with a deficit by a healthy diet (I don't eat junk food) and moderate amount of exercise has helped me (swimming and walking). For me, the stomach is the absolutely last place to go, so I had to be super patient.

I would still like a little more toning so I think I will try yoga/gym strengthening now.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    FINALLY: Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge. You can't dry a corner while the rest of it is still wet. You won't magically lose belly fat or thigh fat or any other fat. It will come off where it wants to. Keep working at it! It is possible!

Really love this visualization! It's a perfect metaphor.

My thoughts exactly. :smile: