So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• michaelgnocchi81
    michaelgnocchi81 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the helpful info :)
  • Great post, thank you for sharing!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I was at 1500 daily intake for a while, but I decided I wanted the ultimate challenge and have ABS myself. I had a little boy 2 years ago and this "mommy tummy" sucks! While it has gotten much flatter, I do not like its tone. For the past 2 weeks I have cut out processed food and sugars and eating "clean". I feel better and have lost the bloat from the holidays.

I weight train 6 days, alternating cardio (max 30min). My body is so strong now and seeing your pictures proves a little dedication can get it done. I know you said you "lived" and didn't eliminate, but for some reason, the slightest inclusion of those indulgences taints my body chemistry...or is this all in my head? Comments?

It's possible you could have a minor allergy to something that causes water retention or bloating. There's nothing wrong with eating mostly "clean" because those foods tend to keep us full for longer, but if you are making cauliflower cake for your son's 3rd birthday it has gone a bit too far :laugh:

I think that it's a good idea to cut back on processed food. I also think it is horrible to skip holidays when we should just relax with family or to deprive ourselves of everything we like.
  • meggiewho97
    meggiewho97 Posts: 17 Member
    cm-49669-451176610d12d1.gif
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I was at 1500 daily intake for a while, but I decided I wanted the ultimate challenge and have ABS myself. I had a little boy 2 years ago and this "mommy tummy" sucks! While it has gotten much flatter, I do not like its tone. For the past 2 weeks I have cut out processed food and sugars and eating "clean". I feel better and have lost the bloat from the holidays.

I weight train 6 days, alternating cardio (max 30min). My body is so strong now and seeing your pictures proves a little dedication can get it done. I know you said you "lived" and didn't eliminate, but for some reason, the slightest inclusion of those indulgences taints my body chemistry...or is this all in my head? Comments?

It's possible you could have a minor allergy to something that causes water retention or bloating. There's nothing wrong with eating mostly "clean" because those foods tend to keep us full for longer, but if you are making cauliflower cake for your son's 3rd birthday it has gone a bit too far :laugh:

I think that it's a good idea to cut back on processed food. I also think it is horrible to skip holidays when we should just relax with family or to deprive ourselves of everything we like.

^^^ THIS TIMES A MILLION! Perfection right here!
  • rem10210
    rem10210 Posts: 40 Member
    thank-you-gif-1.gif

This!!!!!!!!!!
  • monnyq
    monnyq Posts: 40 Member
    bumpity-bump for keeps...
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Bump . . .
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Great post. (bumping for 'my topics')

Awesome work!

I just can't believe the 'experts' (self-proclaimed, of course) would LIE about 'melting belly fat' or 'blasting muffin top' by using their products or 'secrets' just to make money (wink, wink).
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    bump for a read later
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Great post with solid, REAL advice. THANK YOU!
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Great post!
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks for posting this.
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    bump. Good post.
  • so nice of you.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Bump to share this solid advice!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Thanks for this post. I have a question though. My TDEE - 20% was a lot different from the website you posted and the scoobyworkshop. Scoobyworkshop says 1774 every day. The IF site says 1815 on the fasting days and 2269 on workout days.

I'm 5'8 and 141 lbs now wanting to lose the last few lbs before gaining muscle. I weight train 3 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days so put in moderately active. The calorie variation in these two websites is huge! Not sure which one to do.
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Love the sponge analogy, sums it up completely!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Thanks for this post. I have a question though. My TDEE - 20% was a lot different from the website you posted and the scoobyworkshop. Scoobyworkshop says 1774 every day. The IF site says 1815 on the fasting days and 2269 on workout days.

I'm 5'8 and 141 lbs now wanting to lose the last few lbs before gaining muscle. I weight train 3 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days so put in moderately active. The calorie variation in these two websites is huge! Not sure which one to do.

1775 and 1815 are pretty close. Only 40 calorie difference. The workout day number can be ignored because you aren't trying to recomposition.

We are the same height and 141 pounds is pretty lean already (I compete at 155 pounds with very low body fat). Adding muscle is going to help you burn calories and look leaner.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Thanks so much! Yes, if I am not eating 2269 on workout days then there is not much of a difference. You look fabulous. I can't wait to have some abs of my own.