So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Are you still working on losing weight, hence the -15%, or do you do that in order to account for days when you want to splurge?

I'm kind of hitting a wall, mentally, after losing all year. I'm reminded of when we built our house and the frame and siding went up so quickly but then the detail work seemed to take forever. I've lost a lot this year and am down to the last 10-15 pounds and it's just kind of wearing on me. I think I might need to take a break and eat at maintenance for awhile.

Since you're losing steam, it's probably best for your mental health to take a week or two off and eat at maintenance.

That's what I'm thinking. I was hoping to make it to Thanksgiving week before taking another break but that's too far off.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Are you still working on losing weight, hence the -15%, or do you do that in order to account for days when you want to splurge?

I'm kind of hitting a wall, mentally, after losing all year. I'm reminded of when we built our house and the frame and siding went up so quickly but then the detail work seemed to take forever. I've lost a lot this year and am down to the last 10-15 pounds and it's just kind of wearing on me. I think I might need to take a break and eat at maintenance for awhile.

I reached my goal and competed in a bodybuilding competition. I took a year off to gain mass and in that time I gained fat. I am currently working to lose that fat and since my body fat isn't super high I have lowered the deficit from 20% under my TDEE to about 15% under.

I'm thinking you should take that break for a bit then go back to a deficit. It's good for your brain and body.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Great info! Thanks
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Great to know about this tips, Thanks for sharing this this great tips here. I am just going to follow your tips.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Awesome post! Thanks.
    You won't magically lose belly fat or thigh fat or any other fat. It will come off where it wants to.
    Don't I know it!
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Bump
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    bump
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    bump
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    BUMP!!
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    bumping for later
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    B)
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Bump! :smiley:
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Bump
  • lang111
    lang111 Posts: 22 Member
    bump
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Great article I have actually been looking at becoming a vegetarian in the near future or fruitarian Raw Till 4 as a detox cleanse to help me iron out some internal issues. its damn expensive getting the fruit requirements but I honestly like the way I have been making drastic changes to what I eat as opposed to how I used to eat in the past. thanks for sharing a great article and it makes a lot of sense. those wanting fast results will be discouraged when hitting Plateaus, look at that mirror and you'll still see the results even if the scale is not helping you see them. how do you feel after a workout? exhausted or ready to do more that's how I gauge success in my training never give up!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    cootason wrote: »
    Great article I have actually been looking at becoming a vegetarian in the near future or fruitarian Raw Till 4 as a detox cleanse to help me iron out some internal issues. its damn expensive getting the fruit requirements but I honestly like the way I have been making drastic changes to what I eat as opposed to how I used to eat in the past. thanks for sharing a great article and it makes a lot of sense. those wanting fast results will be discouraged when hitting Plateaus, look at that mirror and you'll still see the results even if the scale is not helping you see them. how do you feel after a workout? exhausted or ready to do more that's how I gauge success in my training never give up!

It's not an article, I personally wrote it.

Detoxes aren't necessary, although I do understand that cutting out certain things can improve intestinal problems especially if you are allergic. I highly suggest that whatever you do to lose the weight be something you plan on keeping up forever because you don't just stop when the fat is gone.

You don't have to workout to exhaustion every session. That can lead to over training. It's better to go in for a workout with a solid plan and execute it well than to go in with the goal of destroying yourself every session.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Bump
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Awesome!!!

Bump bump bump.... :)
  • RegularR0b
    RegularR0b Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you very much for compiling that info and for being there for people's questions. That's solid motivation right there. Wish I had stumbled on this post earlier on. B)
  • lonnieo3
    lonnieo3 Posts: 3 Member
    I am a novice runner (3 to 5 miles 3 days a week) and find that I am more consistent running by myself than I am working out with weights in basement alone. I have lost weight 25lbs over six months and two pant sizes; but, I still do not have a six pack. I have nothing to add to thread I just want to say that out loud. Maybe someone could offer me on motivation tips for going at a lone with weights.