So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    kkzmom11 wrote: »
    so, usmcmp, are you a certified personal trainer, or are you just spouting stuff that you think people want to hear. I agree with some of your things, but not all.

you might want to take your foot out of your mouth, it has too many calories.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    so, usmcmp, are you a certified personal trainer, or are you just spouting stuff that you think people want to hear. I agree with some of your things, but not all.

Because you need to agree with everything everyone says for it to be valid, sound advice?
  • usmcmp wrote: »

Neither. That's fine if you don't agree, there are plenty of people that don't agree through the last 24 pages. I'm telling people what has worked for me and many others. There is more than one way to do it.

I'm guessing (based on your age) that you think people should do more cardio than my small suggestion. Feel free to read back through my multiple responses on that. Most of the people who protested the cardio point are women in their 40's, who have heard their entire lives that you have to do cardio to lose weight and that is completely incorrect because it's a calorie deficit that creates fat loss (which cardio can help people achieve). My suggestion for cardio and strength training falls within the recommendations by the American Heart Association for cardiovascular and strength activity. Also, I posted a study previously that showed strength training alone can improve cardiovascular function and VO2Max.

Anything else you would like to discuss? I don't have to be a trainer to be educated on fitness and fat loss. There are many certified personal trainers that do not understand fat loss and simply tell their clients to eat clean and do more cardio. I know a few trainers that have their clients on 500 calorie diets doing cardio twice a day. I'll take no b.s. proven and sustainable methods over certification any day.
    Word.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    LotusAsh wrote: »

Dammit, what about toe sucking? I've not been logging that. Maybe that's why I haven't lost weight!
  • LotusAsh

Also, what don't you agree with?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    ^Ditto. Common sense that can be supported (as she did) from very reputable sources.

Tinker with the specifics to fit your need and genetics, but the basic message is true for anyone.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited November 2014
    boi_toy wrote: »
    A guy cuts and pastes crap he found off the net and its the beat post in the world? #joke #sheeple

I'm a woman and I wrote that myself. I didn't copy and paste anything.
  • LotusAsh
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »

Dammit, what about toe sucking? I've not been logging that. Maybe that's why I haven't lost weight!

I mean, its just for the flavor right?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    A guy cuts and pastes crap he found off the net and its the beat post in the world? #joke #sheeple

Yeah-ok.gif
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

What?
  • SGM_Adonis

Just trying to get all the juices out.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

#openmouthinsertfoot

Edit: a WOMAN.. #liar

Burden of proof is on you buddy. Go ahead and try to find a place where I copied it from. You'll end up posting a link to one of my blogs. Either here or wordpress or blogger.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

#openmouthinsertfoot

Hey Soldier!
  • LotusAsh

i don't think that they have that in the food diary haha. i think if you stick to this form of "juicing" it'll lead to more cardio...therefore weightloss. mind...blown
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member

Neither. That's fine if you don't agree, there are plenty of people that don't agree through the last 24 pages. I'm telling people what has worked for me and many others. There is more than one way to do it.

I'm guessing (based on your age) that you think people should do more cardio than my small suggestion. Feel free to read back through my multiple responses on that. Most of the people who protested the cardio point are women in their 40's, who have heard their entire lives that you have to do cardio to lose weight and that is completely incorrect because it's a calorie deficit that creates fat loss (which cardio can help people achieve). My suggestion for cardio and strength training falls within the recommendations by the American Heart Association for cardiovascular and strength activity. Also, I posted a study previously that showed strength training alone can improve cardiovascular function and VO2Max.

Anything else you would like to discuss? I don't have to be a trainer to be educated on fitness and fat loss. There are many certified personal trainers that do not understand fat loss and simply tell their clients to eat clean and do more cardio. I know a few trainers that have their clients on 500 calorie diets doing cardio twice a day. I'll take no b.s. proven and sustainable methods over certification any day.

giphy.gif

I wanna be just like you when I grow up.
  • SGM_Adonis

i don't think that they have that in the food diary haha. i think if you stick to this form of "juicing" it'll lead to more cardio...therefore weightloss. mind...blown

Sucking all teh toxins out one toe at a time. Which brings us back to thread title.

• LotusAsh

Sucking all teh toxins out one toe at a time. Which brings us back to thread title.

it's a neverending cycle
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

#openmouthinsertfoot

Burden of proof is on you buddy. Go ahead and try to find a place where I copied it from. You'll end up posting a link to one of my blogs. Either here or wordpress or blogger.

Waiting for this to actually happen...
  • LotusAsh

#openmouthinsertfoot

Waiting for this to actually happen...

He probably doesn't use the internet for stuff other than MFP and Brazzers
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member

I'm sorry....Who are you again? Because we all know USMCMP--and her great advice and fabulous physique. But we don't know who you are.