Look for 200+ (Week 19) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    good morning super heroes. man i should not have eaten what i did for dinner. i had chicken enchiladas from our local Mexican restaurant and man did it make me sick. and i mean REALLY sick. i was physically and violently ill at about 3 am and now my home is the bathroom.(TMI probably i know) so next time i will order the fajitas or something healthier but i know my body no longer likes the fattening enchiladas!!! and they are my favorite too. well i am off to my grandmothers for the day and night. i will check in with y'all later.

Amber

Ouch Amber! Is that one of those good/bad things....:wink: My favorite is the fajitas...so I guess I'm lucky there...it's the margarittas I have to learn to hate:laugh: :laugh:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Pinbot, I'm glad your feeling better and great for you to control yourself at a Mexican place...as I mentioned to Amber, once the magarittas pass the lips...the chips follow...:laugh: :laugh: I do remember your comment about hitting the back button...I tried it just didn't work:cry::cry: ...I need to learn to slow down a little with the fingers...I wish I had the iphone, that would be so handy...

AKA, stay safe and have a great trip...

okay, no more stalling I need to get busy!

talk with you later...
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Morning ladies!!! Mondays always give me a sense of starting over....new week, let's lose some pounds!!!!! I did indulge last night, and ate some brownies (they we're good) but threw my tummy into a tailspin. funny how bad foods do that now.

Pinot--what will power you have!! I'd totally cave if I went to a Mexican restaurant now. Margaritas, chips, enchiladas holy guacamole!!!

Planning on getting in a 40 minute workout today and eating healthy!!

Nikki--congrats on buying new clothes. I love old navy, although their jeans seem to hate me. I swear my body is just some random shape. I too need some new pants, as I am down to my last decent pair of jeans, but with moving looming I hate to spend the money.

Didn't make it to my parents yesterday. Sat and cried about it for a half hour. I have such guilt about moving away from them, even though i know it is the best choice for my family. DH and I decided it would be better to get some stuff packed up and moved around the house instead of going to "the ranch" (that is what we call my parents house). Still, i feel like the worlds worst daughter when I don't go down, as I know they want to spend as much time with me and my son as possible.
    kinda sucks when your stuck between being a good mommy and good daughter. but enough of my whining.......

hugs and love to all!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good morning Superheroes! As rough as getting back into things has been I have some good news. I officially need to go clothes shopping. My pants are falling off and my shirts look like potato sacks on me. The bad part is I don't want to spend a lot of money and nothing fits me right at Kohl's or Target. Looks like I may have to hit up Lane Bryant this coming weekend.

Any suggestions where I can go to get a few dress pants/shirts that are reasonable and can wear to work?
    Old navy!! Check out their clearance racks! I shop clearance more than I pay regular amts of money for clothes!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning! Well it is here in Oregon anyways..

I too have issues with pants at Old Navy. I finally gave up on even trying to find ones that fit right there. I do however buy my tshirts there a couple times a year. They always fit.

I found jeans at JC Penneys last time and that was a Godsend because it is seriously hard finding ones that are stylish in a size 20. Lane Bryants never fit me right, and while I don't mind paying good money for clothes I don't want to spend $60+ on pants right now at this size. I want to spend that kidn of money when I am thinner.

I'm ready to start my 60 minute minimum work outs this week, with the eating healthier too. YEAY!

I don't have time to reply to everyone individually right now, but I did read them all.
    I hope everyone has a good day!
    L
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options

I found jeans at JC Penneys last time and that was a Godsend because it is seriously hard finding ones that are stylish in a size 20. Lane Bryants never fit me right, and while I don't mind paying good money for clothes I don't want to spend $60+ on pants right now at this size. I want to spend that kidn of money when I am thinner.

I'm very picky about my pants....its becoming harder and harder to find a good pair of jeans that don't ride up to my armpits...and its even harder to find some that are decently priced! But I'm like you on this one....I don't want to waste money on clothes that I don't plan on wearing much longer. My jeans are starting to fall off me but I'll just have to find a belt to keep them up for now. I have a mound of clothes that shrunk in the wash that I never got rid of so I'm hoping I'll be comfortable wearing those again as I move into smaller clothes. At least something to get me through the summer.

The problem is now my house is filled with high calorie and sodium loaded foods. :ohwell: I am going to have to meticuously measure out my serving size and keep track of it this week. Time to get back on track so I can feel cute in my old summer clothes! The good thing about moving back into my house is now I have a bigger motivation to go to the gym every night- just so I can have some human interaction!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I am awfully cranky. I think it's PMS!!! DH has been getting on my nerves - that's generally my cue that TOM is coming. Last month was 2 days early, makes it Wed:( No wonder I had no energy yesterday. I at least did 15 min tonight. Gonna run to eat dinner. Hopefuly, tomorrow will be better.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hey gals. I haven't had time to catch up yet but I'm at my hotel in New Orleans... Craptastic weather this evening but it's supposed to get better. I just had to amuse you all by knowing out of a 19-floor hotel, they put my room literally right next to the fitness center. Doesn't give me much of an excuse, eh? Should definitely try to go. It looks nice, plus I'm sure the dinner I'm about to eat will be ugly. Hope all is well!!
  • cds2327
    Options
    evening ladies! glad to hear you made it to nawlins safe aka! yeah, you don't have much room for excuses not to work out.....but even though the food will be ugly, i am sure it will be yummy!!!!!! have fun!
    Pinot....I know what you mean, i was such a rag to dh this weekend, and lo and behold my buddy came. damn her!!!

I am proud that i focused really hard on my calories today, making sure i ate back up to my total after working out. Gotta get in an early workout tomorrow as my mom is coming to visit. Did have a nice visit with my dad today after he got off work. I will miss them dearly when we move.

Here's a question for you all, as we keep the eye on the prize........
    What body part of yours do you like?

I was just thinking about this the other day, as I continually think how fat i am and all that. but through it all....I love my calves!
  • cds2327
    Options
    evening ladies! glad to hear you made it to nawlins safe aka! yeah, you don't have much room for excuses not to work out.....but even though the food will be ugly, i am sure it will be yummy!!!!!! have fun!
    Pinot....I know what you mean, i was such a rag to dh this weekend, and lo and behold my buddy came. damn her!!!

I am proud that i focused really hard on my calories today, making sure i ate back up to my total after working out. Gotta get in an early workout tomorrow as my mom is coming to visit. Did have a nice visit with my dad today after he got off work. I will miss them dearly when we move.

Here's a question for you all, as we keep the eye on the prize........
    What body part of yours do you like?

I was just thinking about this the other day, as I continually think how fat i am and all that. but through it all....I love my calves!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    You all will be proud to know after a late dinner at the hotel (the owner was on top chef masters ooooh) I went up to my room, it was only 10ish here, so I went and worked out. Yay me! Was thinking of starting c25k but I don't know these machines as well so I did 48 (I know random number) on the elliptical. Maybe I burned off half my dessert. Haha! Conference begins at 730 tomorrow and I'm not a morning person so I knew that wasn't going to happen, and I don't know what tomorrow will hold, so once is better than nothing at the least. Tomorrow is a whole it PowerPoint... Send me virtual caffeine vibes! Hope everyone's week has started off well!!

Eta: I pretty much hate every bit of my body. Do my hair and eye color count? I suppose I like the fact that even though I'm so big I never got cankles, so erm... my ankles?
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    AKA...Your too funny...I'm glad you got that work out in...now that has Super Hero written all over it!!

Cds....I'd have to say my Quads....they have always given me the first glimpes of muscles...no matter how chubby the rest of me got:blushing: , I think it is because a lot of my workouts are lower body related...running, walking, elliptical, stationary bike...now if my chubby little thighs would jump on board!:laugh:

Ah, Pinbot...I hate that! My older daughter just told me about "PMS Excedrine"....she swears by them...says they relieve all of her symptoms..from bloating to crankipants:laugh: she even bought me a box last week and told me to try them the next time my cycle was up...., not sure when I will start since I took myself off the pill last month after the migraines and 2 week spotting episode..., but I'll let you know...she said the only place she has seen then is at Walgreens.

Well I'm up early and I am going to try to get my workout in early...I tweaked my knee a little yesterday...not sure from what but it was bothering me last night and still this morning, so I might do a little belly dance and some stretching to start...and if warms up like they say...I'm wanting to hit the road for a run today.....

Have a great day everyone!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wow, can't spell in the wee morning hours...double edit for spelling:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am up 3 lbs today!! wth?? I ate taco bell sunday nite and goolash last night; so I'm hoping its sodium.. I am drinking a liter oif water right now... but I ate like 700 cal for breakfast!:noway: , Thankfully with excercise, I was alotted like 500 calories extra today.. hopefully I can fix this by tomorrow
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Thanks for the love everyone. I will try the Excedrin PMS if I can find it. I love extra strength Excedrin (the problems with being 40+ - all those aches and pains *sighs and shakes head*)... Speaking of being 40+ who ever heard of a an older women with zits? Not 1, Not 2 but 3 of them. I feel like a teenager again or Benjamin Button!!!! Does losing weight make you reverse in years too? I guess it's another sign TOM is around the corner.

Great job on the workout AKA. I hope you get out sight seeing. I was dreaming of Cafe Du Monde with cafe lattes and beignets this morning. I hope you get there - it's near the square where the artists hang out...

What part of my body do I love - it has to be the big bonking boobs (which are shrinking:grumble: ):blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Second place would be my skinny, long fingers. Who knows why? I am weird.

In a fit of despondence last night, I looked on-line at how I can spend money. That always cheers me up. I found a 1 day conference in Phoenix in early May. I have a friend there and if he's free that weekend, I may just book the flight. It will give me something to look forward to. I can already see that it won't be a pretty weekend. He married a guy from Puerto Rico and they have promised to cook authentic food for me. Plus all that authentic Mexican food. Now I'm drooling.

I also booked a hotel in Frankemuth for the last weekend in March. We are having a family get together there and going bird watching. Gotta go get ready for the work thing.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I am up 3 lbs today!! wth?? I ate taco bell sunday nite and goolash last night; so I'm hoping its sodium.. I am drinking a liter oif water right now... but I ate like 700 cal for breakfast!:noway: , Thankfully with excercise, I was alotted like 500 calories extra today.. hopefully I can fix this by tomorrow

I'm actually up 4 pounds today because of the horrible horrible food I ate yesterday. Had a good 2000 cal lunch with at least 4000mg of sodium and didn't even look at the content of my mac and cheese and beanie weenies last night. :ohwell: :blushing: I went to the gym but walked on the treadmill with my friend for about 50 minutes instead of my usual elliptical. Forgot to turn on my hrm for the first 10 minutes and in those 10 minutes I tried jogging for about 30 seconds. As I was jogging I told amber that I could totally do C25K and then I stopped and didn't do it again. lol

I am about to change my goals from losing 2 pounds a week to losing 1 a week. It'll give me more calories to eat during the day and I won't feel guilty as often because I won't be going over my limit as easily.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! Did 35 minutes in the treadmill last night...yay. Got a phone call from my friend/neighbor at 3:45 am she was in labor could I come over and stay with her son. Around 6am I get a call she is on her way home and it was false labor. I didn't go to work today, not because of my lack of sleep, but hubby did something to his foot and can barely walk. So, here I am taking care of hubby and my 2 year old with no sleep. Ahhhh...wife mommy duty.

Guess I am going to take a nap soon and maybe jump on the treadmill after lunch or so.

Salt, it is my enemy.
  • cds2327
    Options
    Morning everyone! Did 35 minutes in the treadmill last night...yay. Got a phone call from my friend/neighbor at 3:45 am she was in labor could I come over and stay with her son. Around 6am I get a call she is on her way home and it was false labor. I didn't go to work today, not because of my lack of sleep, but hubby did something to his foot and can barely walk. So, here I am taking care of hubby and my 2 year old with no sleep. Ahhhh...wife mommy duty.

Guess I am going to take a nap soon and maybe jump on the treadmill after lunch or so.

Salt, it is my enemy.

Mish....too funny! I completely hear you. wife/mommy duty does call at the worst time. "sure honey, im exhausted, but i'll take care of you today.....men :)"

We're on page 4 already?!?! We're on fire.....lol

Really looking to stay on track with my calories again today. It was somewhat difficult yesterday, but I can do this. definately.
    My Mom is coming over for a visit today, which means i need to get the son up early and get in a early workout. It's raining here, so I'll be on the tready as usual. I only did 30 minutes yesterday (after multiple interruptions), so I am reaching for 40 minutes today. I don't know how all of you do more than that. Oh, wait....your superheros!!

Ugh....grocery shopping week for us too. Doubly bad because we have no money, and I have to try to find low budget/healthy meals. Doesn't always seem to work out, but if we do have a fatty meal, i eat a smaller amount.

Lacey.....I had to look up Frye boots (from your profile), and holy moley they are cute!!! Of course, the pair I like is 350.....but what else is new.

And, sorry about the double post last night.....my compy went haywire. I got the spinning circle of death, so i just gave up.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Bullet time for all the posts I just read! There were a lot of posts, wow!

- we all overeat (like me for the past 6 weeks apparently) and make poor decisions..but at least you guys, and I, recognized it and are trying to get back on the lifestyle change horsey. Yeay us! Sweat all the sodium out by doing a super good work out!

-When I travel for work i seem to eat less..not sure why. Probably because I drink more? I've had the pleasure of going to some very "high class" restaurants and eating $300 plates worth of food and wine, and for the money you'd think they'd be piled high, but no...it is more about presentation and taste experience I guess. STill though, while all the amazing food is good, it is great to come home and have a home cooked meal. I'd LOVE to go to New Orleans and try some of their crawfish and such. One of these days...

-Yeay for a trip to AZ. Nice warm, hot, dry weather. I am jealous!

-Yeay for visits from mom's! I wish my parents would make thier way to Eugene soon, but I think I will have to go to Medford to see them first.

-I worked my @ss off at the gym last night. I started out with 21 minutes on the treadmill and ran for probably 7 or 8 of it and was feeling pretty dern good about myself. Then I did my new upper body weights routine. I am laying off the legs since I am running and doing a lot of cardio. I figure they are getting a major work out already. And then I did 30 mins on the elliptical. I burned 675 cals in 62 minutes and let me tell you all..I about died that last 30 mins. My HRM said I was in the high HR the whole time! YEAY. First time I've done that.

-Can someone PLEASE look at my diary for yesterday and tell me if it looks okay? Do you all think I ate enough of my workout cals back or should I eat more? I came home last night and immediately made a protein shake and at some dinner but I couldn't eat any more. Working out like that almost makes me want to hurl!

-FRYE BOOTS - I totally drool drool drool over them. I don't care that they cost that much money. When I can fit into a pair, I will scrimp and save until I can buy the ones I want. They are my ultimate reward for all this!! On a good boot note, I put on a pair of ankle boots I bought at Christmas time that I could barely zip up all the way.. THEY ARE LOOSE by a good 1/2 inch on my lower calves!! WOOOOOHOOO!

-I need to look for that midol pms stuff too. Oh and zits? I had a ton of them in higshool, then gorgeously clear skin in my 20's that got compliments..,.now I get zits again and they are hard and won't go away. IT SUCKS! I was seriously considering that proactive stuff but it is more that my skin isn't getting enough moisture and so my oily skin works overtime in that department. I bought some really good face lotion and think I might need to buy another jar of it. It is worth the price if it keeps my skin moisturized and pimple free. It isn't fair that we have to have these later in life.

-what part of my body do I like the most? Right now I am unbelievably impressed with the fact that my legs are losing the bulk of fat and starting to look good for the first time in ever. My knees might just actually be able to be called skinny at the end. I have always had fat knees, so that is my worst body part. My favorite? Hmm...I have a long "graceful" neck and decolatage so I've been told, lol. And my lips. LOL

-Okay I have a huge meeting in a little over an hour with a big customer and I need to get myself prepared for it. TOnight I am going to repeat my workout performance at the gym. TOmorrow I might only be able to crawl but that is okay. I got up early and took a super hot bath this morning and that more than anything helped the most.

Okay that is my marathon post for the day! Have fun ladies!
    L
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Well - today I feel back to normal. TOM still isn't here but I have energy and actually ran 5K on the treadmill :drinker: . Those endorphins are better than Excedrin:wink: Did I tell you guys I have the best brother ever? He took it upon himself to work on fixing my mailbox - the :grumble: plow guy knocked it over Friday. It could be because he did ask me to tape up his ankle - he sprained it and has to bowl tonight. I guess he has a great sister. Okay enough sap - my happy endorphins must really flowing:blushing:

I am happy to see the sun shining. I received 2 new referrals today - both past patients that need more therapy. So I'm having a great day.

Has anyone been to Anytime Fitness? I keep seeing the banner ads and would love to open one up here. Just what I need - more work.
  • Laceylala
    Options

Has anyone been to Anytime Fitness? I keep seeing the banner ads and would love to open one up here. Just what I need - more work.

I had a membership to the local one here in town for a while. I wasn't super good with going, but they had good equipment and I loved the fact that I could potentially go any time of the day or night. Even at 2:45am if I wanted.

I've had indigestion all day long. Not sure if it is from the massive amount of gsm/msm I started taking yesterday, too much chlorophyl from the spinach I've been eating in my smoothie or just something else. I never get this and I do not like it!