Look for 200+ (Week 19) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At least on the trip downstate, bro will be upfront so I can hide my eyes in a book. Enough ranting.
    :wink:
    Haha. When you said 'down state' I knew you were from northern MI! Traverse City myself.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope all are having a great weekend. Yesterday had to go to a baby shower that I planned. Ugh, too much food. I did go a bit overboard, but I had breakfast at 8am, they didn't serve the food until 2:30pm! Too much time between eating means I will over eat. Needless to say my body told me this morning that I can't eat like that. My poor tummy.

Right back on track today and some treadmill to help with all those extras from yesterday. Usually I would be so upset and feel like giving up, but not this time. It is one day and that is it. There is no reason to continue like that. Ahhhh...back to normal.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    sunday morning weigh in......208.5

So, i gained a pound and a half this week. Hmm.....:mad: I'm telling myself it is my TOM, we'll see next week.
    my update is....
    SW:230
    TW: 208.5
    SFGW: 197
    GW: 155

What are you going to do right?? just as long as it doesn't keep going up.

deb, glad your son has such a good attitude. he should be proud of the fact that he is going up against older kids.
    aka...we'll miss you, but have a safe trip!

I'm off to visit my parents today over on the coast, but i'll check in later tonight!
    Happy sunday you all!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning to all my fav Super Heros:)

Yesterday went well. I was over by about 500 cal even after my hard workout. Oh we went to a great Irish pub - Claddagh... Super yummy food. It was so worth it to see my friends. We spent about 9 hours with them. They moved to DC 2 years ago and I really miss them. I just need to go visit them more often.

We are finally on the road home. DH relinquished driving duties after bro said he was scared and had kink in his neck from trying to look out the side window. At least it's not just me.

Kristina - Nawlins is such a fun town. Have you been there before? I lived there for 3 months as a traveling therapist in my youth. Such great memories.

Deb - your son sounds wonderful. Keep bragging on him. Just imagine when he's in 8th grade - he will be unstoppable!!!!

Misch - your attitude is great. One day of bad eating once in awhile is good to shake up you metabolism. Keep up the good treadmill work.

CDs - enjoy every min you can with your family before you move.

Nikki - love your new picture!!!!

Well I have to post to another group and then get to work on my laptop.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Lacey--just a suggestion for you, as i know you have been looking for ways to add protein.

I eat special K protein plus cereal every morning (pretty much) for breakfast. It has 10 grams of protein per serving, and only 100 calories. I slice a banana over it and it is pretty good. maybe adding that will help you reach your protein goals??
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - I had to look up where Bangor was located. It should be spring and pretty warm (for MI) high 40s to low 60s. I hope the tulips are in bloom for you.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus? I will pick up a box. I love that cereal and it would be a good pre work out snack. Thanks!

At least stopping in Michigan for a layover will break up the flight. On the way home last time we went from Philadelphia to SanFran and that was miserable. 5 hour flight but at least I got on one of the front rows and only one person next to me, so we had an extra seat. The guy on the aisle fell asleep and I couldn't wake him up, I was miserable for 4 hours having to go to the bathroom. Horrible! LOL.
    I don't relish the flight when we start going back and forth to China within the next year. That is like 15 hours or something? What is it to Sweden? I might be going there...will have to look it up. Shudder....

Anyways! I am hoping that this week will be better for my weight. I'm wondering if last weeks lack of energy and soreness was in part due to the pre-TOM I usually get? Who knows. I've made a goal for myself to work out five days, minimum one hour each day. And to start out the workout with some treadmill running. Even if it is just for a few minutes, just to get my HR up. I noticed last week that i could do 45 minutes and burn under 400 cals, when in the past I would hit at least 450, so I am not sure if that is me or if my HRM is going wonky on me. I've only had it for two months.

My 3 year old has way too much energy today so I am going to hop in the shower and then we are going for a walk. It will be good for me and for her.

Have a good day! L
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I made it home safely and am planning to go to bed early. I wore myself out with all the socializing, driving in the city traffic, and just having fun.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    i ate okay today, but *hangs head in shame* didn't work out.

I seriously need to make use of the exercise room at the hotel in New Orleans cause I know my eating won't be on point.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    i ate okay today, but *hangs head in shame* didn't work out.

My head hangs with yours. It must be the MI weather or can we blame it on the full moon?
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: The cyber ghosts stole my post!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I must click something...:sad:

My check in is going to be shorter now:explode:

I hope every one is having a great weekend...mine flew by thanks to all our running. My son had a great game, he pitched a couple innings and also hit his first home run of the season. Baseball is his true love.....and that suits me just fine, I enjoy baseball.

My husband is going in early tomorrow so I need to pack lunches and get things around to make it easier on myself.

Hugs SuperHeros!!! Talk with you tomorrow!!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello super heros!!!! i hope every one had a great weekend. from the posts it seems you did. i had a wonderful weekend. i didn't eat as well as i should have but i was still under my goals and i have some better numbers than last week. i am down 1.4 pounds this week making my official weigh in 232. i was happy to see that number today. i really need to work out more too. (sigh) i just cant seem to motivate myself enough though. but tomorrow is a new day and although i am going out of town to stay with my grandmother for the night i am going to take her little boston terrier out for a nice walk. so here i come tomorrow, watch out world!!!

Amber
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Yes, I shall blame the amotivation on Michigan, darn it!

I looked up the weather in New Orleans, and tomorrow it's supposed to be rainy, but should have decent weather the rest of the time I'm there (fly back Thursday evening). Hopefully no problems with the travels- I always get a bit anxious. Shall get up at a decent time tomorrow as I haven't packed or anything yet. If I was really good, I'd work out as well, but we'll see. I certainly won't go to the rec center, but I might work in a dvd or something... I have good intentions, I tell y'all!... i just don't always follow through.

I did get a nice bit of reading done this weekend. I'm making my way through the Jane Austens. Read the bulk of and finished Emma this weekend (meh.), so I've only got Mansfield Park left and I've read all of them. I'm going to try and finish up the other couple of books I've started before commencing that one though. It has been a VERY lazy weekend for me.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    happy Monday! yuck, I've been up since 330am. I had to be at work at 5 today.. man that was tough, and its raining too! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, lets have a good week!:bigsmile:
  • Nikki143
    Options
    Good luck traveling kristina! I always get terrified before flying, personal issues...lmao!
  • Nikki143
    Options
    I didn't even tell you heroes; :blushing: I ate taco bell last night, the $5 cheesy gordita box, mannnnn thank god I didn't eat all of it!!! I had like half of everything... I took my kids to the mall, I just needed to walk around inside; and I ended up buying myself some well deserved bras and panties from victorias secret.. 5 pairs of pantys & 2 bras for 84 bucks:noway: ! Then I went to a jewelery store and bought myself some nose rings and an earring for my cartilage, and a bracelet for my daughter..then oldnavy; I got a few t-shirts for 5 bucks & a pair of gauchos. It felt SO good to be able to shop for myself (although I was rushed at oldnavy, they closed in less than 5 minutes & I wanted my st. pattys day t!!). But at the end of the day, It felt good to have been able to spend so much $$ on myself, I spent like 175ish...:heart: I deserve it!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good Morning Super Heros!!!!! I am feeling much better after a good nights sleep. I weighed in (unofficially) at 199.25 this am (*whew*).... I thought for sure that I would be bloated and gain water weight from the weekend of eating out. We stopped for lunch at my favorite restaurant yesterday - Don Pablos:love::love: :love: :love: I counted out 10 of those delicious chips and enjoyed every bite. I also ordered a chicken fajita salad so I did come in under cal for the day. In the past, I would have eaten 2 baskets of the chips (40+ :tongue:) and ordered something really fattening. I love the iphone MFP ap since I got to look the cal up before ordering. Some items on the menu have 1800 cal. That's more than I am allowed in a day. (*sigh*)

Good luck with the eating Kristina. It won't be pretty. Hopefully you will burn cal as you walk and sight see.

Deb - I feel for you on the lost posts. I recently discovered that hit the browser back button will some time recover the post.

Amber - keep up the great work. You are doing wonderful.

Nikki - I think starting at 8:30 sucks but 5 :noway: - EEEEEKKKK. That's so not for me esp on Mon Morning.

I will catch you all this evening. I am off to get ready for work.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    good morning super heroes. man i should not have eaten what i did for dinner. i had chicken enchiladas from our local Mexican restaurant and man did it make me sick. and i mean REALLY sick. i was physically and violently ill at about 3 am and now my home is the bathroom.(TMI probably i know) so next time i will order the fajitas or something healthier but i know my body no longer likes the fattening enchiladas!!! and they are my favorite too. well i am off to my grandmothers for the day and night. i will check in with y'all later.

Amber
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good morning Superheroes! As rough as getting back into things has been I have some good news. I officially need to go clothes shopping. My pants are falling off and my shirts look like potato sacks on me. The bad part is I don't want to spend a lot of money and nothing fits me right at Kohl's or Target. Looks like I may have to hit up Lane Bryant this coming weekend.

Any suggestions where I can go to get a few dress pants/shirts that are reasonable and can wear to work?
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Mish, what about a goodwill in your area for clothes...I have found some cute workout jackets and dress pants and shirts there during my transition down. Also if you have a fashion bug in your area, they are running some great clearance deals right now...I seen lots of dress clothes when I bought my jeans the other day...they are pushing out the old and bringing in Spring styles. If you have time to look you can find good deals.....I need to get on with my kickboxing this morning....I have the intro playing right now and I'm dressed...but I sat down to read posts for motivation...I'm a little tired this morning....I just need to get off the tush and move!! I'll check in later....Have a great day!