Look for 200+ (Week 19) Fling Into Spring!

Options
New week, new thread! Can we beat our 6 page thread from last week? You all were insanely prolific last week with the posting. I was lovin' it.

Good luck with your weekly weigh-ins! Remember, you have through Sunday to post your week's weight, so pinbot can update the chart. :flowerforyou:

eta: for some reason, when I clicked submit, it posted the topic twice (wtf), so please ignore the other post, as it's a multiple!

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I found you. Yesterday, I was 198.25 but today am 199.0. I had to weigh-in an hour earlier today and haven't yet used the facilities :blushing: Life. I will take either number. I have to run an get some time on the treadmill to combat the 5 hour car ride this afternoon. Good luck with your weigh ins.....
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Had a GREAT week and I have ti say thanks to everyone's support.

SW: 237.8
    CW: 200.9
    TWL: 37
    GW: 135

All I can say is WOW! Another pound and I reach a goal I have been trying to reach for a long time.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Yeah Misch!!!!!

Well I didn't do what I intended to do:grumble: . I meant to run but 6ish is just too early. At least I did some great power walking with inclines and spent 35 min on the treadmill. Well gotta run and get ready - say a prayer for me as I am riding an hour with DH to his work and his driving scares me:noway: :grumble: Then I have to drive back and see my clients, pick up the bro and drive back to get DH by 3... Then 4+ hours to get to Yspi. Kristina - thanks for the rec center recommendation. I don't know how time will go. I am taking a couple of DVDs and my running shoes.

Have a great weekend. I will try to check in once or twice.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in: 203.2 (-1.0 from last week).

Not my best week, but it's consistent. I actually ate a fair bit last night.. more than I usually do, especially prior to a weigh-in, so even being down at all is a bit of a shocker. I'll take it.

mish- congrats! you're SO close to the 100s!

pinbot- you're still quite the rock star! And while you may not have done what you intended to, you still got some great exercise in. More than I probably will today! I hope your client visits go well today, and more importantly, you drive down to my neck of the woods goes well. I don't expect you to use the rec center or anything, I just wanted to let you know the option is out there, especially as it seems like you come down here a good bit. Enjoy your weekend!

Good luck to everyone else on their weigh-ins!!
  • mish3131
    Options
    Next week if I can keep up my treadmill and eating habits I hope I will lose 2lbs, but my biggest achievement will be getting out of the 200's.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good morning super heroes! well, everyone is down so far; good work ladies! keep it up!! tomorrow will be my official weigh in, but I am down to 219.6! hopefully I can be down another .5lb tomorrw & I would be happy. I told myself that no matter what my weight was today I was still gonna love myself; and I was happy to be down...(who isn't?). last night after work, we went out and bought outfits for our family portrait tomorrow... then after a few hours of shopping the kids were restless and hungry so they ate mcdonalds.. I am soo proud because I didn't order myself anything! Bd, and the kids ate McDonalds and I ate a bowl of cereal at home! that was a surprisingly big step... although I haven't rode my bike in 3 days...I really wanted to last night, but we had company from the time we got home til the time I fell asleep, BD's friend slept over... WELL, I am soooo tired today:ohwell: .. good luck ladies!!!!
  • madgoth
    Options
    ok its my first time to check in:

starting weight 260 (weighed last friday)
    current weight 251
    goal less than now
    total loss 9 lbs

not bad!

I think I am supposed to be on the other thread. Well, happy weekend everyone!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    last week 233.8
    this week 233.4

not bad since I only went to the gym once....still struggling with this head cold....
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    well, i'm not officially weighing in today, but i did get on the scale and it stared at me and said 208. Stupid scale!
    I just finished looking over my previous food/weight charts, and notice i am falling back into my bad habits. a couple of days i didn't completely record everything, and my calorie range has been all over the place on others.
    For instance.....
    monday, 760 calories eaten after factoring in exercise.
    tuesday 1476
    wednesday 1188
    thursday 1056

I'm supposed to eat 1350/day without exercise. Clearly I need to pull my head out of my butt and focus. Funny though, i though I was focusing. I sneaked a peek at some of your guys' food journals, and lo and behold...those that are losing weight continuously each week, eat back nearly all their calories!!!
    Kinda feel like an idiot.
    Today, I eat!!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Nikki- congrats on the weight loss! And good job on the good food choices. Say no to McDonalds!!

Blombie- a loss is still a loss! And as you said, it hasn't been the best week for you, so don't see it as a setback. The important thing is feeling better. I hope you get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids this weekend. Feel better. :flowerforyou:

cds- the weight will come off! I'm not always consistent on my calories either (as you can see if you check out my food diary). It looks like you still should be eating a bit more, but there will always be some variety in the amount your eating. Plus, I think it's good to shake the body up a bit. Some of yoru days were too low though- if you're not very hungry, eat some healthy, though more caloric foods like some almonds or other nuts. It won't take long to add up the calories, but they are yummy and good for you! Hang in there, and good luck on your official weigh-in!

I'm off to campus in a few to pick up the laptop. Let's hope that it works this time (apparently the first time you log on, you have to be within the health system proprerty to be on their servers. thanks for letting me know!), and the weekend should be okay. No plans for rec centering today. My legs are still pretty tired after yesterday, but if I'm feeling super motivated, I'll put in a dvd tonight. I think I'm going to swing by Whole Foods on the way back from campus and pick up a salad (mmm! so expensive, but so many goodies!) for lunch. Also, I found a sweater last week I really liked at Old Navy, and it's right over there as well, and I'd like to buy it in another (or 2... haha) color.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It has been a good week. Started out with a ton of exercise on SAturday (helping hubby set up and run a program from 9:30 am until 11pm). I lost over a pound after that, even though I ate pizza all day (7 pieces total for lunch and dinner and a snack). My weight stayed the same all week, and finally dropped again this morning. 2.2 lbs this week! Yay! It is just a reminder that I have to log everything, measure everything, and just keep pushing! It is when I get a bit lax about things that I gain or maintain. No more. I have too much to do this year!

Starting Weight at MFP: 216.6
    Starting Challenge: 207.4
    Last Weeks weight: 206.8
    Today's weigh in: 204.6 (down 2.2!!! :bigsmile: )
    Goal for challenge: 175
  • mish3131
    Options
    MelsaEstel - Great job this week!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Guten Morgen Ladies!

I will weigh tonight at the gym and will not get my hopes up considering my floundering eating habits this week. BUT I tried on tops at Target yesterday and can fit into a XL instead of an XXL in the regular women's sizes, even in the waist, so that is HUGE. Also I noticed last night that my inner thigh fat pocket (what I call it anyways) has literally shrank to half its size and that is HUGE as well because I really really hate that part of my body. That and my knees, which are looking slimmer as well. So even if the scale says nothing good at least I can SEE some changes.

My boss and I will be traveling to Michigan and Ontario for at least a week in late April or early May (hopefully May so I can lose more weight) and that is really really good incentive to keep pushing and losing weight. Flying on a plane is much more comfortable and it never hurts to look good too in the board rooms.

I decided that I need to eat WAY more protein than I am right now to get the 40/30/30 thing going so next week I am going to bring a couple boiled eggs with me and see if that helps boost it. I think it would help my body heal faster because I am still just super sore.

Good job to everyone this week on hitting their goals! YEAY FOR US!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    How great it is to read that everyone is having losses this week:drinker: :drinker:
    ...CDS, I'm telling you....I know it's hard :noway: but I am starting to lose again and the only thing different I am doing....I am eating more, I have been doing the whey protein shakes if I get to the end of the day with extra calories, I'll mix, ice cold water , a cup of frozen fruit and a scoop of the Whey protein and for 210 calories I get 26 grams of protein and it is almost like a shake. You should try it...:wink:

I have great news, I weighed in at 208.6 this morning that is a 2.2 pound loss and my body fat was down almost another percent. This is the first time in over a year that I have lost 2 pounds and I lost 2 weeks in a row. I am very happy and like I said I am still working out about the same as before, I have just really been making myself eat most of those exercise calories back. I usually have my husband help with measuring but I did try this morning and it looks like in the past month I have lost 3/4 inch off my high waist, 1 1/2 inches off my belly, and 1/2 off my hips...I'm going to stay at it and hopefully I'll be below 200 in a few weeks, I feel like it is do able now!

I have to go to town again...UGH! I need to get some fresh veggies in the house...have a great Friday everyone!!!:bigsmile:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I made it home and survived the horror of ridding with DH to his work. I don't know how he makes there and back safely every day. He scares the crap out of me. He tells me that I have picked the worst 2 weather days of the year to ride with him - yeah right. He just needs to slow down and not pass people. At least on the trip downstate, bro will be upfront so I can hide my eyes in a book. Enough ranting.

So you will all be proud of me. I packed 100 gr baby carrot bags, 28 g nut mix bags, greek yogurt, 60 cal snack packs and fresh fruit for the trip and breakfast. I am going to try skipping the Bomber's wonderful but greasy breakfast food. I have already picked out my Jimmy Johns vege order and know how many calories dinner will be. So maybe my eating wont be off the wall this weekend.

Congrats to all who lost or maintained this week. We are all doing so well. Have a great weekend!!! PS Deb - I am extra proud of you for eating more and losing again:wink:
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thanks so much.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Melsa- congrats!!! that's a fabulous loss. It was a good thing that pizza came early in the week and not late in it! My weight will often stay the same then suddenly jump down, so I understand your plight!

Lacey- good luck with the weigh in. That's great about dropping a size. I've got from xxl to xl workout pants from target and it feels wonderful! I've noticed differences in my knees as well. That's not something you often think about until you notice a difference. Aren't those inner thigh fat pockets horrid? Mine can't go away fast enough! Hope the increased protein helps out. And yay for Michigan.. you'll be in mine (and pinbot's!) neck of the woods.

Deb- way to go with the loss! :bigsmile: And the inches coming off! That's so fabulous! Someone's a rock star this week!

Pinbot- have a great time this weekend!

So my day has gone well. I got a yummy salad from Whole Foods with f.f. dressing and some sweet potato chips, which I was good and measured out just one serving. My laptop situation was finally remedied today and I have it all docked and set up beautifully! This weekend should be fine overall. If I'm super motivated, I'll go to the rec center Saturday, but I'll definitely be there on Sunday to do my first day of my last week of c25k (eee!) Hope everyone has a great evening. I plan to veg out like whoa!
  • tamaraj838
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Tam. I would love to join your challenge.l I just read through your "week 18) thread and became extremely excited! So here goes. Hope I'm doing this correct. I started the 50 million pound challenge, utilizing Dr. Smith's 30 day meal plan on 1/18/10 and I was 265 pounds. As of today, I am 250 pounds. My weight goal is 185. My doc will exam and determine I need tjo go further. We shall see.

Tam
  • cds2327
    Options
    Welcome Tam!!! Others could probably fill you in better, but I'll give it a try.

We are mostly 200+ trying to get under. Your completely welcome here!! We weigh in typically on Friday morning (the new weekly post will be posted Thursday night or EARLY Friday morning. The lady that does that is wonderful about getting it out on time.
    I say typically weigh in on Fridays, because a majority of us do, but I suggested earlier this week that we go for Sunday.

In a nutshell, choose Fri-Sunday to weigh in......whatever works best for you!!!

This is truly a great support system of ladies.

pinot...i am so proud of you for choosing your food choices before you left. it is such a simple task, but so daunting sometimes. I'm already prepping myself for the big move in a little over a month. We are driving it. It's about a two day trip, but i know those convenience stores will be only too easy. I hauled out my hubbys cooler and plan on stacking it with fruit, carrots, pita chips, veggie chips, yogurt, string cheese. And i already told my dh that we are only allowed to eat lunch at mc donalds if we do fast food. I adore their southwest grilled chicken salad.

AKA...Congrats on reaching your last week of C25K!!

Deb...can't even express how happy i am for you!!! I agree, i think that i need to be super duper diligent about eating back my exercise calories. I went today and got some single serving orange juice, 100 calorie packs and some more fruits. I stole the oj idea from some other forum. if i am short 100 calories at the end of the day, i can swig some oj, get two servings of fruit and be done with it.
    i may also drag myself out to the store later to try the whey protein shake idea. what kind do you have?

And, I'm feeling guilty for not working out today. my back keeps seizing up on me when i bend over. And i figured, i have worked out pretty good all week, so one day off won't kill me right?!?!?!!!!
  • cds2327
    Options
    thanks so much.

Was that a mispost or did i miss something??:huh: