Look for 200+ (Week 19) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome jadegen and tam!!!! We enjoy having new people join us. If you post you highest weight, goal weight for our challenge that ends 3/26, weight if you know it around 2/12 and weight from today, I will get you on our chart. We weigh in every fri (or sat/sun)...

Thank goodness the roads have cleared up so my journey should be safe. NE MI was under some unexpected lake effect - we had 6" before I left. YEAH!!!! I can't wait to get back home Sunday to play in it. I just love iPhone that let me keep in touch and cures boredom.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    thanks so much.

Was that a mispost or did i miss something??:huh:

she posted on the week 18 thread and I redirected her here.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Cd - I think taking a day off is good for you. It's good to keep your body guessing. I actually find the day after no workout or a really light workout, I lose more weight. Go figure???
  • tamaraj838
    Options
    Welcome jadegen and tam!!!! We enjoy having new people join us. If you post you highest weight, goal weight for our challenge that ends 3/26, weight if you know it around 2/12 and weight from today, I will get you on our chart. We weigh in every fri (or sat/sun)...

Thank goodness the roads have cleared up so my journey should be safe. NE MI was under some unexpected lake effect - we had 6" before I left. YEAH!!!! I can't wait to get back home Sunday to play in it. I just love iPhone that let me keep in touch and cures boredom.

Here 'ya go:

SW=265
    GW for current challenge = 243 (2 lbs/week)
    CW = 250
    Weight around 2/12 = 255
  • lrobin09
    Options
    Hey! I just joined this website and just wanted to say that seeing how much weight you all have lost already is very inspirational!!! Hopefully I will soon follow in your foot steps! What method's are you using to lose weight and reach your goals?

Thanks,

Lacey
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    And, I'm feeling guilty for not working out today. my back keeps seizing up on me when i bend over. And i figured, i have worked out pretty good all week, so one day off won't kill me right?!?!?!!!!

Hello no! You're fabulous, and it's important to take some breaks and let your body recover, especially as it sounds like it's telling you to!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hey! I just joined this website and just wanted to say that seeing how much weight you all have lost already is very inspirational!!! Hopefully I will soon follow in your foot steps! What method's are you using to lose weight and reach your goals?

the old fashioned method - eating healthier (nice well balanced diet-yes even allowing portion controlled treats and drinks), exercise (i started with just walking and have progressed to jogging - I try to do something even if it's just streches or light strength training), setting realistic goals (1 lb a month - I have working at this for over 5 months now), eating what MFP recommends including my ex cal, and having support of friends like this great group. You are welcome to join us. Good luck to you.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey2 (we have another Lacey in our group), I forgot to add that I don't think of this as a diet but more of a life style change!!!!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    thanks so much.

Was that a mispost or did i miss something??:huh:

she posted on the week 18 thread and I redirected her here.

Oh!!! lol,
    i get confused easily.....:frown:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ok...welcome all the new people!!

Here's a short recap before I go into what I was going to post....I left my husband in December.

Today he moved out of the house and moved 3 hours away from me. I wasn't planning on being back in the house but he didn't leave when I thought he left. So I sat there for 30-45 minutes while he finished getting his stuff together. Then he said 'bye' in a really small voice and started walking out. Before he reached the door for the last time, I stopped him and hugged him. I cried on his shoulder. He cried. He said "I'm Sorry" several times. Then he let go. And I let go and couldn't look at him again. He walked out the door. He sat in his car for at least 5 minutes before he pulled out the driveway. Theres no doubt in my mind that he was crying and needed time to compose himself enough to drive.

That being said, I had to go to the grocery store to stock the house since its my first night back. I was already very hungry. Just about everything I bought was an emotional food. Tomato soup. Mac and cheese. Pork and beans. Pasta. Orange rolls for breakfast. Dinner was string cheese, totistos with cheese dip and a tear and share size bag of m&ms.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hugs to you Blombie (*flowers for you*).... I am thinking about you and wishing you the best. Eat some comfort food tonight and get back on the wagon tomorrow. I sm sure being in the house is nice but hard.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, Welcome all you new Super Heros!!:flowerforyou:

I just got back from town...and just un packed everything...my goodness I left at 4...good news...I foung the hummus, I'm planning on taking it to the wrestling meet with me tomorrow with some veggies, it will be an all day match. I have to leave at 6 AM, so I will do laps at the school or workout when I get home, we are hosting this meet so I will have to do concessions too. Should be a fun day.

Blombie, Hugs to you....change is hard, give yourself all the time you need. We're here when you need us.

Cds, I love the Vanilla and Strawberry I see Walmart is selling it now for $12 for a giant tub, it last me all month. With the vanilla I use frozen blueberries or strawberries, well I use them for the strawberry flavor too...I add 8 oz ice cold water, 1 cup frozen berry of your choice and then a scoop of the powder and blend for a few seconds then whip for a few seconds...then enjoy! The guys like the Chocolate and I add bananas to theirs...I also use fat free milk sometimes too, escpecially at night if I need more calories.
    Careful out there Michigan ladies...we are getting some of that lake effect and it was pretty slick coming home.
    Hugs to all, I'm beat:yawn: and I still have to pack the cooler, it might be late before I can check in tomorrow...but I will!
    Have a great weekend everyone!:drinker:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Have a great day Deb!!!!

Krisina - you should have told me to pack the snow shoes instead of the jogging shoes. I love all this snow!!!! Gotta and shower. I am dripping sweat from the b!tch of a workout from The Shred. I did levels 1 & 2 to burn some cal.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!

Blombie - I know how that feels exactly. I am married to my second husband. Even though I knew my first husband and I had to get divorced to stop being so miserable, I can very clearly remember that day we parted ways for the last time. It hurt. A lot. Eat your comfort food and then go to the gym and get up a good sweat. It will make you feel much better.

My eating habits were horrible last week. Every once in a while I just have a slip of a week, and it hadn't happened since I first started going January 5th, so I will take it. The funny thing is, I feel like my body shrunk even more this week than any week before. I haven't weighed yet and I only worked out three times, but I am going into town today and will hit the scale to see where I sit. Also I am not feeling as sore or physically tired today so I am hoping that I can really start pushing it at the gym again. I think my body needed the break. Maybe not all the crap I ate, but definitely the break in exercise for a few days. I want to try to start running a bit here and there next week again.

Went to Macy's last night for the first time in months...got four shirts for work that were originally over $60 each and two pairs of earrings for $65! I was so excited. I also got my hubby a gift cert and am sending him in after I get home to do a bit of shopping. He wears a uniform to work and hasn't really bought new clothes in a very long time.

Well I am off to make a breakfast and grocery list so I can get what I need for the week before I come home today.
    Have a great day everyone!
    L
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Went to the gym....no weight loss this week. I guess I can't really be surprised since I had the worst eating habits in the history of the last 8 weeks of working out and eating right.

Already planned all my meals for the following week and got groceries. Somehow or other I am going to get my protein up. It isn't easy but I've got to balance out the fat and carbs.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies!! Been a busy day so far, but i did manage to get in a 2 mile run this morning (350 calories busted), and I am tracking my eating on this Saturday better than I ever have!! Also, got my TOM this morning, so I am hoping, praying, pleading that the non loss i saw yesterday was just bloating!! Here's to a good weigh in for me tomorrow morning!!

Deb....thanks for the ideas with the protein shake. I promptly followed your advice and went down to Luckys and ended up getting a small jug of the biggest loser protein powder. it has about 50 calories and i figure i'll mix it with milk to add some calories. I got vanilla, so i plan to have a shake this afternoon with some banana and strawberries. I'm thinking that adding this shake in will keep me reaching my calorie goals. I want my nutrition progress chart to be very even by the end of next week!! I figure my next trip to walmart I am going to try the chocolate. Thanks again!!

Pinot--thanks for reassuring me about not working out yesterday. i think my back was telling me to lay off!!

blombie--im sorry you having a hard time right now. i wish there was more i could do for you. just hang in there, take your time to heal yourself and lean on us when you need to!!

Take Care!!

Other than that, things are quiet around here. Hubby is taking a nap, son is taking a nap and i'm playing on the computer!!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hey super heros! I am 217.6 today! yay! I thought the scale was messing with me, I had to stare at the number for a few seconds for it to register.. total shock!!! we took the kids to chuck e cheese today; I ate like 5 breadsticks, and 1 slice of pizza; after i ate my BD said 'didn't you see the salad bar?' & i was like 'damn, if i saw it I wouldn't have ate the pizza...' oh well... I am real tired, we did family portraits today, chuck e cheese, then the beach for a quick walk in the rain/sleet/hail/snow... man, it was doing everything at the beach...
    Blombie; I haven't been where you are; but I am headed that way. My thoughts are with you, and you should definetly eat what you want right now...
    hope evryone has a good weekend, I haven't read all the posts, but once the kids are in bed i will catch up..
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Just a quick check in. Glad you see that so many of you checked in this morning.

Blombie- I can't imagine what all you've been going through. It is understandable about the food downslide though. We all drift back into our comfort zone when feeling crappy.

Pinbot- sorry not to warn you about the snow! I snowed about 9 inches here early in the week and has been snowing on and off most of the week, so there's a fair bit on the ground. I hope your enjoying your time here in my neck of the woods!

Lacey- glad you were able to find some stellar deals while shopping! And thumbs up for making a grocery list before going out. I find that's key. Don't get too down about the non-weight loss this week. you recognized what was up with it and it sounds like you're on the right track for this week!

cds- great job with the running today!! I wouldn't be surprise that the weight issue yesterday was due to that. My TOM always f-s me up.

Nikki-a walk on the beach in that weather? that sounds so wrong, but yay for getting out and about! congrats on the weight loss!

I got some much needed sleep this morning, but have been in an emotional funk today (well, actually most of the week). I'm still eating pretty well, and getting myself to go to the gym, but I'm just not feeling terribly good at the moment. But, oh well... life will go on. So yeah today, as I didn't get out of bed until 1pm, I haven't eaten all that much. Got a veggie sub from a sub shop, which was pretty huge and filling, and not very low-calorie, but I've only eaten a pear otherwise today, so my food intake was not terribly spread out or wonderful today. Not my shining moment. Took a brief trip to Target for some travel items, but have been holed up in my room most of the day reading. Not a much of a social butterfly- I tend to isolate myself when I'm not doing well. Tomorrow I still plan on going to the rec center and around town a bit.

I hope I perk up a bit in the next day or so. I don't think I mentioned it... I'll be out of town at a conference in New Orleans next week (leaving Monday, back late Thursday). I will have internet access, so I should be able to check in periodically, but I'm sure the eating and exercise won't be the best. It's my first like real business trip. I feel like a real person now!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey Super heros...missed you all today...it was so busy. My son had a tough day today, he's a pretty big 6th grader, he is 5' 10" and weighs 158..and he had to wrestle against all 8th graders...they were putting the hurt to him. This was a bigger 6-way tourney with the best of the best coming from Northern Indiana. I felt so bad for him, but as usually he takes it all in stride and finds the humor to keep at it. I was so proud of him, after his last loss...(and he did lose all five:frown: ) I took him over his water and he said ...
    "Mom, did you see that guy, I tried to take his arm and he was like ..."oh no your not" and just flipped me....I had to laugh Mom, It happened so fast..., man I have a lot to learn" ......

I couldn't be prouder, some of these kids hit the mats, or cry, or act like they really don't want to shake hands at the end.

I feel guilty though, I was bragging on him this week...I hope I didn't jinx him:blushing: ...the high school coach came over after the meet and told me to make sure I talked with him and encourage him because of the facts I mentioned above...he said he thought he had talent and didn't want him to be discouraged...but to be honest I never had to, Tanner knew they were older and he knew he did the best he could and he even told me he learned a few moves that he'll try next time. I'm so glad he has that attitude, makes being his Mom a lot easier.

I did get a workout in when I came home and I'm tired and I think a hot bath is in order...I'm going to try to get that in befroe figure skating comes back on.

Hope your all enjoying the weekend...
    Safe travels Pinbot
    Lacey...I found some great deals yesterday too, I bought myself 3 pair of jeans and they were $7 a piece...and regular they were $35...made me feel a little better about getting them...they were 16's too:bigsmile: the last pairs I bought were size 20.
    Cds, great job with the running!!!! Keep at it, I love the calorie burn too:bigsmile:
    Nikki...Love your new profile Pic...Adorable!!
    AKA, I hope you have safe travels...a business trip, how exciting! I hope there is an awesome gym for you, and maybe a hot tub...man I would love to have one of those right now....

HUgs to all Super Heros, talk to you tomorrow....we have a baseball game, but it's not until 6...so I should be able to get on early in the day:bigsmile:
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Aka - do you feel all growed up? LOL..nothing like work travel to make you feel all grown up and in the "real world." New Orleans would be so much fun I think! I hope you get to take some time to get out and see the sites. I have some customers in that area that I think I will push to see within the next year and a half, so my time is coming.

So Michigan...is there generally snow in Bangor MI in late April, early May? We have a big customer we will stop off and see on our way to Ontario and I am wondering about the weather and clothing!

Today for the first time since I started in January I tracked my food and made a very conscious effort to eat well. My protien is under 70 grams though, but what can you do? I think I need to get some protein powder that has a higher protein count. I have some now that is 100 cals and 15 grams of protein but its got a kind of all around healthy vitamin thing going for it so I like to use it..but I could use a true protein powder at night. I decided tonight I need to eat my exercise cals back at night in the form of juicer juice protein shake.

Well we are about to watch a few movies and I will have my once a week glass of wine!
    Have a great night everyone! L