So you want a nice stomach

Options

Replies

• pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    Ok, I love cardio and hate to lift because I am afraid that to much weight training will do this, and I don't want this:odu8qsquvsgz.png

This is what I would like to accomplish;mlbwasmudzu7.png

If I do just basic weight lifting can I just get a toned look or is what you are outlining here heading towards the muscle stuff woman in the top picture. Granted she must do several hours a day to continue that look so I have to ask...Do men find that over muscle look in women even attractive? Or is the more toned one more attractive, I have to ask....

ummm....nobody accidentally looks like either of those women. They both lift a lot of weights.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ok, I love cardio and hate to lift because I am afraid that to much weight training will do this, and I don't want this:odu8qsquvsgz.png

If I do just basic weight lifting can I just get a toned look or is what you are outlining here heading towards the muscle stuff woman in the top picture. Granted she must do several hours a day to continue that look so I have to ask...Do men find that over muscle look in women even attractive? Or is the more toned one more attractive, I have to ask....

1. You won't reach that level, even with years and years of consistent training (example 1). (example 2) Will require a lot of effort and consistency as well.
    2. Who cares what men think. Every man will have a different answer based upon individual preferences. Do what YOU want to do.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

The difference between the top and the bottom are:
    -The lady in the top has been at it for many, many years and she is very very lean
    -The top picture would require most women to use steroids.
    -The bottom picture can be obtained naturally.

There is no way you will accidentally look like the top one. That's my goal (minus the fake boobs) and after several years of trying very hard to look like the top one I barely look like the bottom one. And yes, men still find women who look like the top one attractive. She doesn't look that shredded year round.

You won't accidentally get huge muscles by lifting weights.
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for that as I have some women in my gym who quite frankly scare me... they look like lady one...with a bit more fat... no not accidentally, I have just noticed that for women we either have the capacity to bulk up or to tone merely by increasing the reps. then increasing the weight, and if you don't keep up with either several of the women just became bulky fat and they are still lifting repetitively every other day when I am there. Granted I have no idea on their diets and other factors of what they are doing, that's all speculative. It's just what I have noticed, and no I don't want to approach and ask. They are a little scary for small fries like me ha... I just want a program that will get me to picture B, so I will work with yours and let you know how it goes. Thanks!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thank you, for that as I have some women in my gym who quite frankly scare me... they look like lady one...with a bit more fat... no not accidentally, I have just noticed that for women we either have the capacity to bulk up or to tone merely by increasing the reps. then increasing the weight, and if you don't keep up with either several of the women just became bulky fat and they are still lifting repetitively every other day when I am there. Granted I have no idea on their diets and other factors of what they are doing, that's all speculative. It's just what I have noticed, and no I don't want to approach and ask. They are a little scary for small fries like me ha... I just want a program that will get me to picture B, so I will work with yours and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Tone is simply revealing the muscle under the fat. Maybe those women are trying to gain, like I am, to compete in bodybuilding competitions. It's very hard work and we look a lot bigger with extra fat on the muscle. I'm sure when they go through a cut cycle to lose the fat they'll look a lot smaller.

I think you have this skewed perception of women and lifting that has been drilled into you by magazines and TV. Go over to bodybuilding.com and select pick a plan. There are several programs on there endorsed by women you may like. What will get you to picture B is hard work, lifting heavy and appropriate diet. You have no chance of looking like the first one.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • JoKnowsJo
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

-The lady in the top has been at it for many, many years and she is very very lean

There is no way you will accidentally look like the top one. That's my goal (minus the fake boobs) and after several years of trying very hard to look like the top one I barely look like the bottom one. And yes, men still find women who look like the top one attractive. She doesn't look that shredded year round.

Well if it's any consolation I think the bottom is a much better, you look great btw so I wouldn't feel to bad... pic one is just to much for me... it's all in what you want.

• usmcmp
    Options

Well if it's any consolation I think the bottom is a much better, you look great btw so I wouldn't feel to bad... pic one is just to much for me... it's all in what you want.

I understand that you want to look like the second one. I'm proof that the second one takes hard work and lifting heavy. It's fine if you don't want to look like the top one because it isn't going to happen. I happen to be a competitive bodybuilder and I think she looks great. We all have different goals and different likes. Nothing wrong with that.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    .Do men find that over muscle look in women even attractive? Or is the more toned one more attractive, I have to ask....

Ask 100 different men that question, and you'll get nearly 100 different answers.

Personally, I like the athletic look of the second picture, possibly because I grew up in a sporty area, so lots of girls/women were athletic. But I've met plenty of non-athletic women that have caught my eye as well. What's most attractive in a woman (for me) is her confidence in herself. A bit cliche perhaps, but it's what's on the inside that matters much more in the long run. The outside is a short-term attention grabber.

PS - Peeked at your profile after my initial post. You have a winning smile - very attractive in my book. Best of luck to you in reaching your goals.

• JoKnowsJo
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    .Do men find that over muscle look in women even attractive? Or is the more toned one more attractive, I have to ask....

Ask 100 different men that question, and you'll get nearly 100 different answers.

Personally, I like the athletic look of the second picture, possibly because I grew up in a sporty area, so lots of girls/women were athletic. But I've met plenty of non-athletic women that have caught my eye as well. What's most attractive in a woman (for me) is her confidence in herself. A bit cliche perhaps, but it's what's on the inside that matters much more in the long run. The outside is a short-term attention grabber.

Thanks usmcmp good luck to you I hope you kick *kitten* in your competitions..

and thank you flatIndr that's good to hear really .... :)

• usmcmp
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »

PS - Peeked at your profile after my initial post. You have a winning smile - very attractive in my book. Best of luck to you in reaching your goals.

Thank you! My biggest goal is to help others reach their goals. :)
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Great info thanks
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    hi all... i have question here - after 3 months of healthier diet (counting calories; better choices of food) and gym with personal trainer, my body fat % has dropped around 5% and body weight has drop approx 20 lbs, however the size of my waist remain the same in unhealthy range (high risk of diseases) - why is that? *DEPRESSED*
  • usmcmp
    Options
    hi all... i have question here - after 3 months of healthier diet (counting calories; better choices of food) and gym with personal trainer, my body fat % has dropped around 5% and body weight has drop approx 20 lbs, however the size of my waist remain the same in unhealthy range (high risk of diseases) - why is that? *DEPRESSED*

Because many people lose from the outer parts of their body first. Your arms, face and legs might be getting leaner, but you probably just lose the visceral and belly fat last. Keep working at it. You'll get there.
  • CherryChan81
    Options

Because many people lose from the outer parts of their body first. Your arms, face and legs might be getting leaner, but you probably just lose the visceral and belly fat last. Keep working at it. You'll get there.

So, there's nothing to worry about right? Thanks so much! o:)<3
  • usmcmp
    Options

Nothing to worry about. It's normal.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CherryChan81
    Options

Nothing to worry about. It's normal.

Thanks so much! You ROCK! <3
  • IamAddictedtoCoconuts
    Options
    Hahaha i read "Stomach" as "Sandwich", clicked immediately and became disappointed when i re read and saw "stomach"
  • fireburnzs
    Options
    Add me guys need all the support from all of you... Please..... :#
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Everyone will like a flat stomach, I too want a flat stomach. Nice post, I like this thread, I would like to thank you for this great ideas.