• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    List has been updated.
  • SnowDreams88
    SnowDreams88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a mentor and advice on nutrition and exercise and here seems like the right place to look. I've recently gotten in to improving my fitness and thought maybe we could chat a bit and let you decide if you want to mentor me?

I'm 26, 6"4, 94kg, am a Ski instructor, I play football twice a week and cycle to and from work every day, currently have a 2 day full body workout which I can share if you wish, bit heavy handed for now.

I want to improve my muscle mass/physique and improve my fitness for football, skiing and cycling in general. If anyone would like to chat then please get in touch.

Nutrition and eating right is my focus at the moment, so advice on meal planning would be very welcome.

Thanks!
  • Donut_Kitty
    Donut_Kitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am a NOOB :) I would love to be adopted. I'm a bit confused on how to count my calories or just keeping up with it.
    I have a long ways to go till I reach my ultimate goal weight, but currently am trying to shed 20-30 pounds by mid September.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • RachelSallibeth
    RachelSallibeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ADOPT ME PLEASE :)

Preferably a woman as a mentor, thanks!
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a mentor to a noob!
    46 year old woman. I've been at the gym since I could afford at gym membership at the age of 19. I like what lifting weights did for me. ( a trainer at Powerhouse, named BIG BOB, got me started...never looked back)
    I've had ups/downs. Working on getting back down, now that the daughter is 10, it's not babyfat anymore!
    I try to eat whole foods. I workout anywhere from 2-7 times per week.
    I weight lift, ride bikes (mtn, road, cruiser, tandem)
    I can talk your ear off about my jeep (my 4th one)
    I love peanut butter
    I hate indoor cardio
    i have 2 herniated discs that I keep in check with my weight training and stretching
    I am completely uncoordinated. Please don't ask me to play softball and expect me to actually hit or catch a ball
    I hate horse flies
    i love elephants.
    i've tried a lot of different approaches to eating. I don't like to give up anything.
  • runningforicecream
    Options
    Would love to be a mentor, too, if anyone think that I would be the right fit for them.

My impressive qualifications/facts:

I am a foodie and love my desserts (especially ice cream and cakes)
    I fit them all in whenever I want them but I don't believe one has to adhere to their calorie limit every single freaking day
    I eat out EVERYDAY during the summer
    I can offer great insight on Chinese/South East Asian food and recipes
    Follow a bastardised version of IIFYM. More like if it fits my calories, most of the time
    I have been on MFP since 2012
    Lost about 28lbs (not much but I had relatively little to lose to begin with)(not reflected on my tracker)
    I run, lift, practice martial arts, cycle, hike, yoga, everything. Used to be the runt of gym classes but am now the most active among my friends
    Have injuries to right wrist and both knees. So I usually work around them

My "why me?":

I love food. Enough said.
    I lost most of my weight without a single friend on my list. It was lonely and I stumbled and made a lot of mistakes. There's a simpler way than that. To ask for guidance. So, now offering guidance.
    I struggle with binge eating. Not 'I eat 200 calories over my allowance!' but more like pintS (plural) of ice cream in an hour. Working my way through it and can provide some of the things I've learnt while dealing with binge eating.

Disclaimers:

No 'clean eating' for me but if you want to do that, that's fine by me
    I can be wholly inappropriate at times and with a weird sense of humour
    I keep weird timing

So, if anyone is up for it, send me a FR with the MSG that you found me here.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    List has been updated to include new mentors.
  • wrightemporia
    Options
    I am so new to all of this and really want to make myself so much healthier. I could use a mentor to help lead me down the right path as I attempt to get rid of extra baby weight and depression weight that has packed on over the last 4 years. I am not expecting it to go away over night as it did not get there overnight. I just need encouragement and guidance. And at 35 I don't think I am too old to learn!!!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm available to adopt someone. Hit me up with a message on how I can help. I'm not a personal trainer or anything, everything I know I've learned through my own experiences.
  • megmoore042
    Options
    Hello, I am a NOOB looking for some support and advice. I am a 27 y/o female. I am in the military and have a 5 y/o daughter and three bulldogs. My goal is to lose 30lbs. I would prefer to have a female around my age. Not afraid to be blunt or cuss here and there. I have been eating well for the past cuople months, but working out not so good. I need motivation and cannot find it!
  • murana_
    murana_ Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm 21, a little overweight and willing to lose it, but i'm lack of motivation and strengh to do it. Every time I start a diet, after few days of no results (which is normal, but I'm very impatience) I give up and come back to my previous habits of eating a lot and unhealthy. I'm asthmatic and I can't run for a long time, so from time to time I do intervals, but I don't do them regularly, which is probably not good for me. My fiancee isn't motivating me, sometimes he just makes fun of my weight and he thinks that should do the work, but it's totally different - it's not cheering me up but depressing, and when I feel bad I... eat. Awesome, isn't it? :/

If anyone there would have some time to give me some support i'd be greatful!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    All, if you are looking for a mentor, please look at the list of available ones and their profiles. And then send them a PM.
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I officially volunteer as a mentor!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    this is for the young woman who sent me a PM yesterday about getting my help... i went to reply to your message today but i can't find it in my inbox. i must have deleted it by mistake when cleaning up my PMs yesterday. please re-send your PM. i don't know if i have the time to help you, but i can point you to an online thread i made for one of my other noobs and if you read that and still have questions, i may be able to answer those questions as time permits.

it's not really hard to lose weight. you just have to make sure that you know the facts you need to know and you ignore all the other superfluous stuff that other people will insist is important, but which really isn't (e.g. avoiding carbs, eating clean, etc.).

sorry for deleting your PM. i hope you see this.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    List updated.

All, make sure when you friend people to include a message. Many of us will not accept FR without an explanation or description. I am one of those.
  • susanlovesfitness
    susanlovesfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a fitness and health lifestyle change person. I walked into the doctors office 3 years ago and was asked about have bypass surgery because of me being at 300 lbs. I told him to stick it, and left. I joined a gym. Half my body size later with the help of MFP, gyms and eating healthy I have lost and continuing to lose weight. I would love to share and inspire and help people with weight loss goals. It makes me feel great to help others and I want others to feel what I feel, having that freedom and being able to walk up my stairs and dance and not have to shop in the plus size section.

I am currently now preparing for the next year to body build and become a body builder. I love lifting weights and love learning about it.
    I would love to help someone who joined MFP and says, okay , now what.. What do I do and how do I do it. I have found a great family with MFP and would like to have ti grow.
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'll be there if anyone needs help! Feel free to add me.
    -Mallory
  • GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello.

While I am not necessarily a noob, I was wondering if anyone wanted to mentor.

I would like someone to hold me accountable. I think I would be more motivated to eat better and exercise if I knew I had someone to scrutinize my actions.

Is anyone interested?

I am 29. Male. From WA, USA.
    HW: 400
    SW: 300
    CW: 290ish
    GW: 200

My TDEE is about 2700. MFP put me at 1900. I chose to lower it to 1300.

For exercise. I tend to hike 3 times a week with an occasional bike ride. I probably burn an average of about 700 calories daily through exercise.
  • Gemstone290
    Options
    I have had a look through the list and sent a few messages but wanted to add my bit on here too in case anyone else is interested in mentoring and/or being mfp friends.

I a trying to gain a bit of weight and muscle, generally tone up and be fitter.
    I am currently hovering between healthy bmi and underweight but what I want is to feel and look less skinny overall.

Any questions, friend requests, etc welcome :)

Thank you!
  • 185dengbiqi
    185dengbiqi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a noob pick me pick me!!!!!!:flowerforyou: