Healthy Snacks

Options
13»

Replies

• dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nuts, plain greek yougurt that I will put some berries in or fiber one cereal. 100 calorie single popcorn bags, 100 calorie cottage cheese doubles. Granola bars
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i love hummus and bell peppers or 7grain crackers with hummus, raspberries, blackberries
  • Luana11368
    Luana11368 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    roasted chickpeas - 28g, a sizable handful, provides 5g of complete protein, 5g of fiber, 2g fat, 12g net carbs, and 102 cals.

It's an awesomely balanced snack that won't throw macros out of whack. if you make them yourself, you can season them a bunch of different ways.

Roasted Chickpeas? Hmmm interesting....please tell us how you make them
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Favorite snacks:

4133496099_6f46a962bc.jpg

Triscuits (or wheat thins) and mozzarella cheese is my fave after work snack. I eat it almost daily. Mmmm.

Also love wheat thins with peanut butter and banana slices - so yum.

Also green apple with mozz cheese or peanut butter.

Today I made a big plate of carrot sticks, mozz cheese, turkey breast, broccoli, tomato, triscuits and ranch dressing for my daughter and I to share. It was a nice snacky late lunch since we had breakfast late in the day.

Looks Yummy...I normally use townhouse so may try these triscuits.

The olive oil and black pepper ones are pretty good. My husband can go through a box of the dill and olive oil triscuits in about a week. Maybe less. :P
  • lilgallegos84
    Options
    I like cucumber and lunch meat, or anything Special K because you can have more quantity for the calories. Also popcorn is a good one too! :)
  • eemott
    eemott Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Plain rice cakes with peanut butter or hummus, fiber one brownies for something sweet, and string cheese.
  • I do most of my snacking at work. These are things I like to keep on hand at home:

Roasted almonds and cashews
    Trail mix
    Dark chocolate
    Bananas, apples, pears (these are my go to choices because they're less messy for me at work)
    Sweet bell peppers
    Fresh smoothies made with yogurt/frozen fruit/almond milk

Also, tortilla chips because I love salty/crunchy
  • Dawnb2014
    Dawnb2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Cosco energy blend with edamame, cranberries, almonds and pumpkin kernels. You cant eat a ton of it (1/4-/2 cup), but its a pretty filling snack.
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    Options
    skinny pop popcorn
    pretzel crisps
    artichoke and spinach hummus
    baby bel cheese
    cheese wedges
    the little fruit/snack trays you can buy at walmart
    the special k indulgent bars
    nature valley granola bars
    thin crisps
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn, dark chocolate covered almonds, fruit/veggies, bars like kind bars, luna bars or lara bars, and (if I feel like I can swing it that day) I love to smear Nutella on a banana or strawberry :)
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Any other suggestions?

Sharon

Turkey jerkey
    Raw veggies
    String Cheese

AND
    I just discovered Somersaults. Crunchy nuggets baked with sunflower seeds and toasted grains. I am enjoying the pacific sea salt variety right now. Check them out here: http://shop.somersaultsnackco.com/ (you can also find a store in your area).

Serving size: 14 pieces
    150 calories
    8g fat
    0 Cholesterol
    260mg Sodium
    14g Carbs (3g fiber; 1g sugar)
    6g Protein

Sunflower seeds are the #1 ingredient in this little nuggets :)

Enjoy!!!