Which bootie workout is best?

Options
13»

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

I'm going by what I've read. I don't actually think Deadlifts hit glutes at all. But, I probably do them wrong. I've read that for some people, they hit more back and less legs, and for others it's more legs less back, just depending on their body style, and lift style. Neither is wrong. I'm definitely more lower back and traps, and I feel it in my hammies too. But, most back for me.

I used to do stiff legged Deadlifts, and those hit the legs hard. But, neither hits the glutes for me.

I would be impossible to perform any kind of Deadlift variation without glute involvement.

They might not get sore, but they are very much involved,

Agree with Hendrix regarding deadlifts, definite glute involvement. As a matter of fact, the glutes are involved in just about every lower body lift.

As for the best program for booty-ful results. Hands down Strong Curves. It's a great book with great workouts for every level of lifter and I have seen amazing results from it!

Otherwise, if you don't like that idea, lower body weight training, consistency and eating for your goals. Good luck!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If you do proper form *kitten*-back RDLs, then they are a great glute worker.

But really any heavy weighted hip hinge will involve the glutes.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    twerking
    /thread
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts

Pause deadlifts

Single leg deadlifts

And if you have a chronic knee issue, strengthening your quads will do wonders for it. Try front squats and Bulgarian split squats.

Wait a minute, what is a "pause deadlift"? single leg deadlift?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts

Pause deadlifts

Single leg deadlifts

And if you have a chronic knee issue, strengthening your quads will do wonders for it. Try front squats and Bulgarian split squats.

Wait a minute, what is a "pause deadlift"? single leg deadlift?

It's where you pause once after pulling from the ground for a few seconds and again just above the knee, isn't it? Lighter weight to be able to handle the isometric portions.
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do the Original Buns of Steel workout. Yeah, it came out when I was like 3 years old, but if you can get past the annoying instructor (and awesome 80s fashions) it's a really good workout. I also do Cathe Friedrich's Turbo Barre. I tend to stay away from Beachbody because anything that requires you to make payments and pick a "better" package for a higher price seems like a gimmick to me IMO.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    twerking
    /thread

FTW!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There is no workout that will target fat loss in the booty area, (or any area for that matter).

Unless you are using progressive loading resistance while in a calorie surplus you will not add much(if any) size to the glute muscle.

The hip thrust is one of the best lifts for the glutes. Dead lifts, squats and lunges are great also but most of the resistance is while the muscle is in the stretched position and you start to reduce resistance as the muscle is shortened. The hip thrust/glute bridge maintains or increases resistance as the muscle is contracted.

http://youtu.be/cBrHdatPj9g

The hyper extension is another good glute lift. My concern with it is that glute is very powerful muscle and can quickly out lift your lower back muscles.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Booty was not my cup of tea. I didn't see much results, possibly because I was already in good shape from Insanity and p90X. It felt like a step back, plus the repetitive nature and annoying talking and music made me dread it daily. Ended up giving it away to a co-worker.

My knee was injured about 10yrs ago and just about everything hurts it. However I started 5x5 SL and holy cow it has made a huge difference in my booty. Bonus my knee doesn't hurt. Nothing, not a twinge, it's the first time since my early 30's that I don't have daily knee pain. Go figure.

eta: le spelling
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My biggest trouble area continues to be my bootie.

Find a steep hill.

Run up, walk down.

Repeat ad nauseum.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Totally .. the Stairmill (Stepmill) machine at the gym. Squats are good too.