Ah... vanilla cappuccino from the QuikTrip :laugh:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    WRONG!!! Ick! :sick: :heart:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that since I was in college... hey they were open 24 hrs...
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    You would have been better off with speed
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I never used to be a coffee person growing up, but I am now. My cappuchino problem all started when I was 16 yrs old. I worked at a Citgo gas station and could have all the fountain beverages I wanted. I became addicted to the sugary flavored cappuchinos for sure. French Vanilla, Irish Cream, Hazelnut, Almond Amarretto....mmmm... But I could never drink actual coffee at that time, blech. Even through college, I couldn't stand the coffee. Then when I was 22-24 I had a job that I had to be there at 6:30am every day and that was pretty torturous. I started trying the different flavored coffee creamers like my coworkers drank and would add a whole bunch of that and a lot of sugar to try to make my own flavored coffee drink but it was never the same as the sweet gas station capp. There unfortunately was a Speedway gas station right on my way to work and the cappuchino soon became my reward for getting up so early (and 2 doughnuts but we'll talk about those another time). And Speedway has more flavors! And they switch them out occasionally. Pumpkin Spice Capp is awesome. Recently I saw they had a Cherry Cheesecake one and of course I had to try it. It wasn't bad, but I think I'm biased since I would probably drink Harry Potter like Cappuchino flavors. After that job it got better because I would only go get it once in a while (or at most once or twice per week) instead of every day. But anytime I have to get up extra early, I feel like cappuchino. It is such a comfort food for me. And now I at least have been able to ween myself down to mixing 1/2 capp w/ 1/2 black coffee and that is still just as good. The coffee situation has gotten better too. I no longer buy the flavored creamers or use mounds of sugar, now I just use skim milk and 1 packet of sweetener. It took about 4 months to ween myself off that flavored creamer this year after I started working w/ the nutrition coach.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    I started drinking coffee was I was 30 and pregnant with my second son. I have never liked it sweet, so sugar or the flavoured creamers were never an issue for me, however, I do like my 18% cream in my coffee. My hubby likes his sweet and with the french vanilla flavoured cream.
  • immacookie
    Options
    My whole family are a bunch of "a pot is always on" coffee drinkers... I probably started drinking it with milk and sugar when I was fairly young (10ish?). Then in college it was either straight strong black (trucker coffee) or the crap from the QuikTrip (because they were open 24 hrs and close to my apt and I could get snax too :ohwell: ). I drank a lot of strong black coffee when I worked in both construction/landscaping and trucking. At some point my stomach revolted. So now I try to keep it to coffee on the weekends (and mornings I really NEED it), but it's about 1/3 half and half. I love the 18% cream too, but that's a special treat. :happy:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    *in my best Pete Puma voice* But I don't want no tea, it gives me a headache. COFFEE!!!!

Pete Puma?? :huh:
  • dcline43
    Options
    coffee acutally gets me through the losing weight- i feel its a snack type thing and it really helps me - i have cut back on food soooo much that im tired A LOT- so coffee of course makes it all happenf or me
  • immacookie
    Options
    cream cheese frosting on cinnamon rolls
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    pumpkin fudge

Speaking of which, Bran...Is penuche (brown sugar fudge) made the same way as regular fudge except with brown sugar??

I know, it's a dumb question, but is the method the same?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Oh man, cream cheese frosting is the bomb! Hold the carrot cake, I'll just take the frosting please.
  • immacookie
    Options
    Speaking of which, Bran...Is penuche (brown sugar fudge) made the same way as regular fudge except with brown sugar??

I know, it's a dumb question, but is the method the same?

Generally yes... you still cook your ingredients to soft ball on a candy thermometer. The ingredients vary slightly simply because it's a different "flavor" of fudge (and some use heavy cream and some use evap milk, just like regular fudge recipes).
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Options
    Totally agree

I make this fruit dip with cream cheese and marshmallow fluff - It is so awesome! Best with pineapple and strawberries, some melon, not honeydew. This is me, making good food bad for you :):laugh:
  • immacookie
    Options
    I make this fruit dip with cream cheese and marshmallow fluff - It is so awesome! Best with pineapple and strawberries, some melon, not honeydew. This is me, making good food bad for you :):laugh:

That stuff is AWESOME... I love it with strawberries and apples.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Cold Stone Creamery AKA Marble Slab

Cake Batter ice cream with anything you love mixed in.
    or
    cheesecake flavored ice cream with cherries and chocolate chips mixed in.

Oh God I'm so hungry I knew this thread was gonna be a baaaaaad idea