I need friends who will stay on MFP

Options

Replies

• grymes7
    grymes7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to loose 25-30 by June. I just started back after 2yrs. I go to planet fitness and use the express workout 5 days a week,.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am on here everyday and will continue to do so. My OCD won't let me stop!!!!! LOL
    Friend me if you want
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I need friends too
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hey girl !!! im here for the long haul too...this isn't a passing phase for me...this is a new healthy journey because I want to feel good, look good and most of all, owe it to myself to be on this earth for a very long tme :)

Please go ahead and add me if you like :)
  • 2014NewBodyNewMe
    2014NewBodyNewMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for people that will stay for the long run and will help me lose 90lbs . Please feel free to add me.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    today is my 500th log in day!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a couple years and I'm not going anyplace. Feel free to add. I'd love to help you out. I'm a mom too. It can be tough at times, but worth it to get the workouts in and eat better. I'm Far from perfect! My kids are 4 and 6.
  • godot77
    godot77 Posts: 24
    Options
    I tried doing this last year, but all of my RL friends petered out by end of February. I've been on this weight plateau since childbirth (and that baby is 9 years old now). I've discovered the weight gain could easily get worse if I don't actively do something about it. I desperately need friends who are consistent loggers on MFP to keep me accountable and I promise to do the same for you. If you have a fitbit account, too, that would be doubly fantastic! My goal is to lose an initial 30 lbs. by my birthday in June. Which I think is not an insane aspiration.

Hi, also a mom with some baby pounds. I have the same problem with my friends. They are all gung ho and then they binge and disappear, bringing me down in the process. I'm 36. My baby is almost 2, but I am still about the same weight as the day after I had him, which ISNT RIGHT. I gained 50-60 with that pregnancy. I have ordered a fitbit, will receive in a week I think (I ordered one that was backordered, about a week ago), I am not going ANYWHERE, I like to do daily checkins, and I am trying to eat the right amount of fat/carbs/protein EVERY DAY, logging EVERY DAY, and my daily goal is 1200. I do BeachBody workouts during my baby's nap. I also need to lose 30 lbs. Actually, more like 50, by June. So, we'll see what happens. First step is actually staying at 1200 (with right percentages) every day. Sigh. Add me!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I think you will always have problems with people dropping off (especially due to the New Year's push), it's just a part of the issue with any weight loss program. I saw the same thing happen on WW online. Your best bet is to make a bunch of friends on here and leverage the positive feedback from many people.

I have joined MFP with my wife (not related to a New Year's Goal) so we are hoping to stay committed through the year. We also invested in a Withings Pulse monitor and Scale so we are financially incentivized to keep participating (I would hate to spend the money and not use the trackers).

I've only just recently started on the community side of MFP and the response so far has been tremendously positive and supportive.
    This. You might also watch for responses from people whose online personalities you enjoy...it tells you how long someone's been an MFP member underneath their photo...that should give a good clue as to who the longtimers are.

You are also free to add me if you'd like. I've been here since October 2013 and login about every day.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm long overdue to leave this place. I'm guessing April at the very latest.
    Well played, sir.
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    On here everyday! Add me if you would like to!
  • Cinnamon100
    Options
    Happy to accept a friend request from yourself and anyone else looking to stick with using the site. I have been a member for some time but not always updating my tracker but i am determined to keep it going this year.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I am on fit bit and MFP every day. Anyone can feel free to add me. I love friends!
  • glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    good morning! ive just started this program (if you can call it that!) my daughter introduced me to it and so far i love it...its only been a couple days but i find it so easy. ive downloaded it onto my home computer, my phone and my kobo! no excuses now not to track...haha!!!
    nice to meet everyone and i hope to make and add some friends here!
  • RNT99
    RNT99 Posts: 11
    Options
    Need some friends too!!
  • cindyl_00
    Options
    I just joined today!! Hoping - no - Going to lose weight this year! and KEEP IT OFF.
  • LizzieRagalnd9
    LizzieRagalnd9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im here everyday, and record everything! :) I could use some 'in it for the long haul' friends myself! Anyone can add me if the feel like they need a fresh face!!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the long haul. Also plan to stick around after I reach my goal weight for maintaining and fitness goals. Feel free to add me.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Send ad FR! :)
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I could use a buddy to help stay on track too. Been doing it alone without success.
    I need to lose 30-35. Working mom, sedentary job, you know the drill...