Only 6lbs away from my goal weight!!! With pics. =)

Options

Replies

• akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look great! I have a similar starting weight and height as you and my goal is the same, so it's nice to see that someone else made the same goal.Well done.
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job, I too just had baby number two, exactly two months ago today (a lot of to's LOL) you look wonderful and are a great inspiration. I have been cleared to work out again, its the first of the year what better time then now :) Good luck to you and your future.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You give me hope! I'm your same height and weight after baby number 1 (well that's where I started anyway). YOU LOOK AMAZING. Not only that, but your happiness just shines through in the second round of pictures. I can't wait to be there!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your story. It is indeed a powerful one. Just wanted to comment that your two children look lovely just like their momma. God bless.
  • positivechic1978
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats!!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you look 15 years younger. do you also feel younger? :)

Yes I feel more energetic and not as slow and groggy getting up in the morning. =)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    Hands down to you. such great will power and motivation! super envy. Keep up the great work girl!

I noticed that there was no mention of how long it took you to get to where you are now - 141 lbs. When were the first pics and when were the last pics taken? My goal is also 135 lbs as well but I could never lose a pound since I plateau'd so I stopped weighing myself! I relied on body measurements instead.

Hello there=) Thanks for the compliment, I was 210 3 weeks after I had my daughter, then I lost it down to 187 in January of 2013 the reason I say 187 is because I plateaued as well on that number from October to January, but of course I wasn't making any changes. I wasn't going to the gym 5 days a week, I would go then stop because we would get sick, or kids would get sick. Then I would be unmotivated to go back. 4 days after my little brother's funeral in February I had surgery to remove scar tissue from my ankle and remove hardware, no exercise or movement until late March, slowly cycling in late March of 2013, then I just went everyday because it was helping me to stop crying so much everyday, then after 1 month I cut it back to just 5 days a week. I still cried most of the days and still do now but working out is what makes me feel better and enjoy my family.
    Here's a breakdown:
    June of 2012
    Jan of 2013-187lbs
    May of 2013-about 167 I believe
    Now 141
    I gained 7lbs over the holidays visiting my dad with all his Samoan cooking but I lost it by going back to normal eating and exercising schedule. =) I'll try to see if I can post the chart it will show you lots of plateaus. Those are so frustrating but when you lose a 1 pound let that be your fuel and tell yourself "Time to burn!!"
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like how you said you were your own hero. Really amazing! You look fantastic!
  • Madam_Natalie
    Options
    This is so inspirational, Well done!
  • itsthatfatgirl
    Options
    This is really inspirational and great to see! You worked for it and you got it! Congratulations! <3
  • FixIngMe14
    Options
    Oh my!

You look great!!!

Congratulations on your loss!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    This is really inspirational and great to see! You worked for it and you got it! Congratulations! <3

Thank you=) still working on it that's what I love about MFP it's so not a diet, all this time b4 I was trying different ridiculous diets and cleansing. I had no idea what to do because I was always thin up until 26years old, each year after 26 I would pack on more lbs from lack of volleyball training and Polynesian dancing, I ate like cow but 4 hours of college volleyball practice a day allowed that. So important to link your workout with MFP and so awesome to see others success so you can see that you can do it. Have fun on your journey you will get there say it out loud, tell someone then just do it.
    Fue=)
  • cheralynfroio
    cheralynfroio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look amazing, your hard work paid off!!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats. Thanks for sharing your story and pics. Each time I read one of these success stories I get more motivated.
  • VTflamingo
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Good luck with the last 6 although obviously you have already won :-)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational post...your accountability for yourself is impressive. No whining about a plateau...just kick it up! Thanks!!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Good luck with the last 6 although obviously you have already won :-)
    Thank you so close I can taste it. Had a set back over the holidays but now I am back on the right track, I am definitely plateauing right now but that's ok, I don't want to do anything drastic because if it's one thing I know it is, if I lose it fast from not eating I will just gain it right back. So the slower I lose it the slower it will come back on. No worries it will happen when it happens as long as we push forward and keep our eye on the ball=)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    Congratulations on you Weight Loss Journey!
    What a marvelous accomplishment.
    I'm thinking about making135 my Ultimate Goal.
    I'm going to do some Polynesian aerobic videos for my workouts.
    I already have a pretty mean 'ame' and hip thrusts!

May the LORD bless you, and your darling family.

It's time to start reading the Maintain Weight forums!

Best wishes!

Thank you for the blessing wishes from one Christian woman to another=) Best wishes on your journey!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You're gorgeous!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!