Only 6lbs away from my goal weight!!! With pics. =)

Options

Replies

• itstimetoeat
    itstimetoeat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks! That helps! need to stay driven and positive even through plateaus! I hate them so much!
  • itstimetoeat
    Options
    Hands down to you. such great will power and motivation! super envy. Keep up the great work girl!

I noticed that there was no mention of how long it took you to get to where you are now - 141 lbs. When were the first pics and when were the last pics taken? My goal is also 135 lbs as well but I could never lose a pound since I plateau'd so I stopped weighing myself! I relied on body measurements instead.

Hello there=) Thanks for the compliment, I was 210 3 weeks after I had my daughter, then I lost it down to 187 in January of 2013 the reason I say 187 is because I plateaued as well on that number from October to January, but of course I wasn't making any changes. I wasn't going to the gym 5 days a week, I would go then stop because we would get sick, or kids would get sick. Then I would be unmotivated to go back. 4 days after my little brother's funeral in February I had surgery to remove scar tissue from my ankle and remove hardware, no exercise or movement until late March, slowly cycling in late March of 2013, then I just went everyday because it was helping me to stop crying so much everyday, then after 1 month I cut it back to just 5 days a week. I still cried most of the days and still do now but working out is what makes me feel better and enjoy my family.
    Here's a breakdown:
    June of 2012
    Jan of 2013-187lbs
    May of 2013-about 167 I believe
    Now 141
    I gained 7lbs over the holidays visiting my dad with all his Samoan cooking but I lost it by going back to normal eating and exercising schedule. =) I'll try to see if I can post the chart it will show you lots of plateaus. Those are so frustrating but when you lose a 1 pound let that be your fuel and tell yourself "Time to burn!!"

Aww thanks! That helps! need to stay driven and positive even through plateaus! I hate them so much!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hands down to you. such great will power and motivation! super envy. Keep up the great work girl!

I noticed that there was no mention of how long it took you to get to where you are now - 141 lbs. When were the first pics and when were the last pics taken? My goal is also 135 lbs as well but I could never lose a pound since I plateau'd so I stopped weighing myself! I relied on body measurements instead.

Hello there=) Thanks for the compliment, I was 210 3 weeks after I had my daughter, then I lost it down to 187 in January of 2013 the reason I say 187 is because I plateaued as well on that number from October to January, but of course I wasn't making any changes. I wasn't going to the gym 5 days a week, I would go then stop because we would get sick, or kids would get sick. Then I would be unmotivated to go back. 4 days after my little brother's funeral in February I had surgery to remove scar tissue from my ankle and remove hardware, no exercise or movement until late March, slowly cycling in late March of 2013, then I just went everyday because it was helping me to stop crying so much everyday, then after 1 month I cut it back to just 5 days a week. I still cried most of the days and still do now but working out is what makes me feel better and enjoy my family.
    Here's a breakdown:
    June of 2012
    Jan of 2013-187lbs
    Now 141
    I gained 7lbs over the holidays visiting my dad with all his Samoan cooking but I lost it by going back to normal eating and exercising schedule. =) I'll try to see if I can post the chart it will show you lots of plateaus. Those are so frustrating but when you lose a 1 pound let that be your fuel and tell yourself "Time to burn!!"

Ok here's a better break down I went through the graph under reports and got the major movements. Sorry the first answer was just an estimate and not too much help, I had two little girlies tugging at me so I had to answer fast. There were many times where I would bounce up a couple of lbs. from going on vacations or trips to visit family. If you know anything about Samoans is when you go to a Samoan's house you better be ready to eat, even if your full, if they put a plate in front of you, you better eat, lol not only that but who can resist Samoan food? I never fretted over it because I know getting back to regular schedule always put me back on track. I hope this helps=).
    6/4/12---210
    12/28/12--187
    1/31/13---182
    2/5/13---178
    2/25/13--176
    3/16/13--171
    4/16/13--167
    5/8/13---164
    6/11/13---161
    7/15/13---160
    8/21/13---154
    9/19/13--151
    10/22/13--146
    12/14/13---141
    Now---140
  • itstimetoeat
    Options

Here's a breakdown:
    June of 2012
    Jan of 2013-187lbs
    Now 141

Ok here's a better break down I went through the graph under reports and got the major movements. Sorry the first answer was just an estimate and not too much help, I had two little girlies tugging at me so I had to answer fast. There were many times where I would bounce up a couple of lbs. from going on vacations or trips to visit family. If you know anything about Samoans is when you go to a Samoan's house you better be ready to eat, even if your full, if they put a plate in front of you, you better eat, lol not only that but who can resist Samoan food? I never fretted over it because I know getting back to regular schedule always put me back on track. I hope this helps=).
    6/4/12---210
    12/28/12--187
    1/31/13---182
    2/5/13---178
    2/25/13--176
    3/16/13--171
    4/16/13--167
    5/8/13---164
    6/11/13---161
    7/15/13---160
    8/21/13---154
    9/19/13--151
    10/22/13--146
    12/14/13---141
    Now---140

This is so much better!!! You've been so consistent on your weight loss! How do you handle plateaus? I absolutely hate those! I kind of fell off the wagon because I stopped seeing results. consistently losing 2 lbs a wk for 2 straight months then plateau'd every since! I did bootcamp 5 days a week for 10 wks and still didn't see weight loss. I used measurements to determine if I had progress. Only progress was that one of my calves shrank by half an inch lol. That's it!!! It's still something. I don't struggle to zip up my boots like I use to. No need for someone to zip while I press the boot legs together haha.

I would LOVE to shed 20 more lbs and I will be content but at the moment, I've accepted that I will have to diet for the rest of my life lol. I love food and I WANT to lose weight. that's the worse combo! anyway, I am eating normal again and not so restrictive. Trying to not over eat and make healthier choices like choosing wheat over white anything or avoid carbs wherever I can, no sauce, no dressing, more water, less sodium, no sugar; refined;substitutes; fruits(I don't eat sugar anyway). That's all I do and I cut down bootcamp to 3 days a week instead of 5.

I can't go back to being insanely strict and working out everyday like I use to. I don't know what I was on before to have the drive for that. I just want to be normal again!!!

I was 140ish last time I checked the scale but I threw it out. The scale isn't the best way for me to measure myself. I get way too obsessed over the numbers when they don't move especially when I've done all the right things for progress. Most frustrating and unmotivating thing ever!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! you look awesome
  • blaqpepa
    blaqpepa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!
  • heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    u look awesome way to go!!! very inspiring
  • pdan0121
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!:glasses:
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!!!Congrats:) you look fabulous
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    hei started off like you!
    down to 135 now!

You look great!

But you were still actually a very pretty girl when you were heavy. You got the whole skin/hair/eyes think going on!

Thank you and you are beautiful yourself my dear congratulations on making your goal!!=)
  • Keji306
    Keji306 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    26d46415-ee94-450c-915c-9cfdc52ee1fc.jpg

Hi I'm Fue, this is my stepmom I am the one in green holding the baby, this is baby number 2 =) I am 210lbs here.

9e0281b3-d107-48e0-9835-e585e1f41985.jpg

afterannasbirth180.jpg

afterannasbirth161.jpg

In the following pics I am the one in the red shirt and black pants, I still looked pregnant but I had already had the baby 6 months prior. I was still wearing my pregnancy pants.

And now for the results, I am 5'7 and 141 right now 6lbs away from my goal weight. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week to spin, and I eat in my calorie range, sometimes im over by 200 calories sometimes I'm under by 200, I have my bad days but I like the fact that each day is a new slate to be good=). I started making rules for myself like no eating after 10pm, then down to 9pm and now 8pm. I drink a ton of water and I measured out my food at first but now I can just eye it. When I feel that I am out of control I go back to measuring. Hope this helps. I was truly inspired by all the success stories thank you for sharing. I use to be a volleyball player and Polynesian dancer so I use to never have to watch what I ate. But after 2 babies and no physical activities I was gaining and going to events with my hubby was torture, nothing fit. I hated shopping because nothing fit and I was always the fat girl in any group. After some tragic deaths that blind sighted us this year, my Uncle, Little brother (whom I practically raised) and a good friend all less than 3 months of each other, I had leg surgery, 2 root canals and then I rose up and took charge, I took myself to the gym, there were some people in my life that said some pretty mean things to me that cut me deep I decided to be my own hero and not let any negative people or energy into my space. I have a family to take care of and in order for me to help them I had to help myself. So I took it one step at a time, I am still on my way. Don't let anyone take your happy and don't let negative comments keep you from moving forward. You can do it, just picture it and it will happen. I told myself, "you want your body back? Come and get it, step up today and every today after today." I never looked back.

18ceddea-1220-4ed6-b5f4-27455e43db76.jpg

fc25e688-b940-4fd2-a971-5894a987d390.jpg

71f1e875-d1a9-47ba-8daf-a625cd87ba6f.jpg

hubbyandme.jpg

weightloss3.jpg

I really hope this works. Take good care everyone=)

How long did it take you to lose the weight
  • larsivy
    larsivy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look great. How many calories you were eating while losing? Thank you
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Congratulations!:drinker:
  • MsDeterMINEd3
    MsDeterMINEd3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    26d46415-ee94-450c-915c-9cfdc52ee1fc.jpg

Hi I'm Fue, this is my stepmom I am the one in green holding the baby, this is baby number 2 =) I am 210lbs here.

9e0281b3-d107-48e0-9835-e585e1f41985.jpg

afterannasbirth180.jpg

afterannasbirth161.jpg

In the following pics I am the one in the red shirt and black pants, I still looked pregnant but I had already had the baby 6 months prior. I was still wearing my pregnancy pants.

And now for the results, I am 5'7 and 141 right now 6lbs away from my goal weight. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week to spin, and I eat in my calorie range, sometimes im over by 200 calories sometimes I'm under by 200, I have my bad days but I like the fact that each day is a new slate to be good=). I started making rules for myself like no eating after 10pm, then down to 9pm and now 8pm. I drink a ton of water and I measured out my food at first but now I can just eye it. When I feel that I am out of control I go back to measuring. Hope this helps. I was truly inspired by all the success stories thank you for sharing. I use to be a volleyball player and Polynesian dancer so I use to never have to watch what I ate. But after 2 babies and no physical activities I was gaining and going to events with my hubby was torture, nothing fit. I hated shopping because nothing fit and I was always the fat girl in any group. After some tragic deaths that blind sighted us this year, my Uncle, Little brother (whom I practically raised) and a good friend all less than 3 months of each other, I had leg surgery, 2 root canals and then I rose up and took charge, I took myself to the gym, there were some people in my life that said some pretty mean things to me that cut me deep I decided to be my own hero and not let any negative people or energy into my space. I have a family to take care of and in order for me to help them I had to help myself. So I took it one step at a time, I am still on my way. Don't let anyone take your happy and don't let negative comments keep you from moving forward. You can do it, just picture it and it will happen. I told myself, "you want your body back? Come and get it, step up today and every today after today." I never looked back.

18ceddea-1220-4ed6-b5f4-27455e43db76.jpg

fc25e688-b940-4fd2-a971-5894a987d390.jpg

71f1e875-d1a9-47ba-8daf-a625cd87ba6f.jpg

hubbyandme.jpg

weightloss3.jpg

I really hope this works. Take good care everyone=)

How long did it take you to lose the weight

Still working on it, I would say about a year, if you scroll up you will see a breakdown of my weight loss in a reply I answered earlier, that will give you an idea=)
  • justakiwi
    Options
    WOW! That's an amazing transformation! You must be so proud of yourself. Bet you feel a lot healthier and fitter too :-)
  • Samoa_Moni
    Options
    You look great. How many calories you were eating while losing? Thank you

Hi there I started off at 1800, then as I lost weight I let MFP do the calculating and I usually stayed within 200 calories up or down from what my target goal was. I am now at 1200 calories a day but I work out so I can eat more. Yes I do eat back at least half of my work out calories. Sometimes it's healthy eating sometimes it's not. I'm sure if I really put my mind to it and eat healthy for a whole month I can lose quite a bit more. But I am in no rush, I have the rest of my life to be on this journey so if it means a piece of fried chicken here and there so be it. I'm not in a race=)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm so sorry for your losses I can't imagine what you've been through, you're a very strong person. Very inspirational, can't wait to be posting pictures like this eventually, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!