Your calorie sob story

Options
What is the highest calorie food you consumed as a newbie unaware of the horrific calorie count before you logged it? Mine was Thai Angel wings (stuffed fried chicken wings). 1 wing =700 calories!!!

Replies

• spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Haven't had one--I log before eat. But I was surprised by the calories in hummus.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box Egg Nog Shake of 24 oz contains 1210 calories.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Half of a sandwich at Longhorn Steakhouse was over 700 calories. Half of it!!! ????

ETA: And it tasted good, too.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box Egg Nog Shake of 24 oz contains 1210 calories.
    Wow! One whole day up in smoke!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Filipino spring rolls (lumpia)....so good but deadly....

The ones I had were just under 200 calories a piece....I ate 10 of them :blushing:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Filipino spring rolls (lumpia)....so good but deadly....

The ones I had were just under 200 calories a piece....I ate 10 of them :blushing:
    Don't be embarrassed. Everyone knows that a serving size of Lumpia is 10!! I know for a fact I have consumed 30 in a 24 hour period.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Freddy's mini concrete 600 something calories, it was the MINI DAMMIT! I had prelogged everything else and had a little room to spare so I was SURE it wouldn't be too bad, it was my cheat day, I could got 100-200 over......:grumble:

Will be sticking to a DQ dipped cone from now on.....
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Nah, I'm full of sh*bleep*. I totally read the label on both pints the whole while I was emptying them.

edit: In all seriousness, I was appalled to see the caloric values of some stuff at Chilis shortly after I started paying attention to what I was putting in my face.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    When I was new, I logged before I ate. And still ate it

IDGAF
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Nah, I'm full of sh*bleep*. I totally read the label on both pints the whole while I was emptying them.

edit: In all seriousness, I was appalled to see the caloric values of some stuff at Chilis shortly after I started paying attention to what I was putting in my face.

Yes, some of the things i ate on a regular basis at Chili's horrified me once I started logging.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with a frappe from Burger King. . . he was so sweet. He started out with "I know you're losing weight and watching your calories, but I also know you had a stressful day at work and we have to be up late tonight.... so I got you a frappe but I got you a small! It should fit into your day, right?" I tell him, "I don't know.... let's see what MFP says."

410 calories for a SMALL mocha frappe. He looked so sad and apologetic. Then he offered to drink it for me haha. I drank it though.... and it was ALMOST worth the calories....... but I won't be buying them for myself once a week like I used to. That's more calories than most of my meals!!
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    i looked it up before i had it, but portillo's chocolate cake shake. 1200 calories for a 12 ounce(a SMALL).. and it's almost impossible to get JUST 12 ounces of that.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Starbucks venti soy peppermint mocha no whip = 420 calories, 8g fat, 81g carbohydrates!!... And I had been drinking 2x/day for maybe a year? Yikes. That stopped immediately.
  • ali4579
    ali4579 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a 745 calorie cupcake a few days ago. I knew it was pretty big but I never would have guessed quite that much.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I had the new Tim hortons Italian sandwich and it was 700 calories. I knew it would be high but was surprised.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Garlic mashed potatoes are what comes to mind, but honestly SO much. I eat at restaurants 2-3x a week for my job (no avoiding it, unfortunately) and when I first started MFP 75 days ago, I guesstimated by the menu and then would go add later. (SO many places don't have nutritional information!). I was absolutely floored by how many calories were in my normal choices. Now I stick to a normal salad with dressing on the side or some sort of grilled meat with vegetables. It's a lot easier to guesstimate if there aren't very many ingredients in your meal! ;)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Whataburger Chop House Cheddar Burger - 1170 calories. And it wasn't a newb mistake either, this was only 8 months ago or so. I just figured it'd be comparable to other fast food bacon double cheeseburgers. I resisted the fries they kept pushing on me. Good thing too. And I haven't ordered it since then!
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sonic's Double Bacon Cheese Burger. I thought it was going to be 600-800 like a quarter pounder with bacon.

It was OVER 1200 calories. I'm glad I had decided to skip the ice cream. Tasted pretty good though.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    peets eggnog latte. even nonfat didnt help.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    To OP - One mother****ing hotwing? JESUS.

I think I ate an entire movie size box of peanut M&Ms today. That really screwed my macros.