Toast for breakfast

Options
So this morning for breakfast I had a cup of coffee with 2 tbs of my chocolate caramel creamer, 2 tsp of sugar and I had 2 pieces of white bread with 1 tbs of honey spread shared between the two pieces of bread. All of this totaling to 292 calories for my morning.
What did everyone else have for breakfast? I'm asking so I have ideas when I go grocery shopping tomorrow :) (the reason I used white bread for my toast is because it's all I have right now, I'm buying honey wheat tomorrow :) )

Thanks in advance for the ideas! Why did your morning look like for calories? :)

Also, is 292 calories a lot for just my morning when MFP has my calories set for 1360?

Replies

• selaleg
    Options
    I have to eat a little protein in the morning, otherwise i'll "crash" 2 hours after eating. When I was younger, not eating protein didn't affect me the way it does now. I also have to have more complex carbs (at least 4 gram of fiber per serving)
    I usually have about 200 cal for breakfast, then a hundred calorie snack mid morning
  • nwoychyshyn
    nwoychyshyn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I didn't have this today, but I have cooked up some quinoa and am going to make some smaller portion sizes apples and honey with a little cinnamon. I cook the apples in a non-stick pan with little to no oil add some raisins and an apple. 1/4 cup quinoa is170 calories. So I will use 1 cup quinoa and one apple measure 1/4 cup raisins or cranberries and 1 Tbsp honey or brown sugar. I will use this for 4 servings. I find it helps the sweet craving and holds me till lunch which is at Noon on a working day.

Today, I have only had coffee black with a cup of 1% chocolate milk. X2 which isn't good but I rarely eat breakfast on weekends. This than causes me to snack later on.
  • nwoychyshyn
    Options
    Try the Quinoa loaded with fiber and protein. For 1/4 cup 3g fiber/5 g. protein. 170 calories.
  • nwoychyshyn
    Options
    I forgot to mention I spice this up with Cinnamon and cardamon to taste.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, leftover crescent rolls and sandwich thin with cream cheese. Yesterday it was steak, bacon and eggs. I need protein in the AM.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't think 292 for breakfast is bad at all. We eat around the same amount of calories.

I generally swap between a few things, depending if I am rushing to work or not.

1. instant oatmeal and banana
    2. shake with protein powder and frozen fruit, then a banana on the side (I like to chew)
    3. cereal and 1/2 cup milk with banana (this one doesn't hold me well)
    4. 2 eggs with a slice of toast, or make it into an omelette, and a banana
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I had steel cut oats cooked in almond milk with some dried cranberries. Yum. Filling and delicious. Calorie wise...you can split up your day's calories any way you want..big breakfast, small dinner, lots of small meals, one huge meal....however it works for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled, 1/2 a sesame seed bagel toasted with cream cheese and cold smoked salmon, fresh squeezed orange juice. I've been maintaining for 7 months and don't log...but if I were to guestimate I'd say my breakfast was probably in the neighborhood of 500 calories give or take.

292 calories for breakfast is nothing...but I would have had more protein for satiety. I eat eggs pretty much most days and I eat oatmeal probably 3-5 days per week. I eat some Fage Greek yogurt a couple times per week also.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day of my Christmas vacation. I had Cappuccino ice cream and a quest bar. I woke up late so I shouldn't have a hard time hitting my calorie goal. :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Today was oatmeal and 3 slices of low sodium bacon. It tasted good after shoveling the snow!
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    L-Glutamine in lemon water as soon as I'm out of bed. Then breakfast tea with almond milk, hard boiled egg, 15g of mixed nuts, 1 slice of toasted gluten free bread with some homemade raspberry jam. 388 Calories in total and keeps me sailing til lunch.
  • exercise2day2
    exercise2day2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This morning was 2 eggs scrambled with red pepper and half a sausage patty (171 calories). My normal weekday breakfast is 1 slice of sprouted grain bread with half a tbsp of peanut butter, followed by greek yogurt and some fruit mid morning (220 calories).
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, white bread? What year is it, 1955? ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm not much for eating first thing. I drink a Carnation breakfast shake mixed with 2% milk, mostly for the potassium hit. When I know I'm having food, I'll hold off eating until closer to 11a-noon so I can combine the caloric split and enjoy what I'm eating.

My family was never much for eating first thing in the morning. Hubby's the same way; he prefers his first meal at noonish.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm usually anything from 300-600 cals for breakfast:

Muesli with yoghurt, apple and orange
    Wholemeal toast with mashed banana
    Wholemeal toast with hummus, apple or orange
    Porridge, apple and orange

Usually have that at between 0530 and 0600 weekdays, or about 0900 weekends
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Toast of champagne!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    kashi cereal with wheat germ,chia seeds , cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk.. was sweet, crunchy and filling!
  • Linda09189
    Options
    to much sugar prolly for the morning.... 300 calorie breakfast is good..
  • kikimaluga
    Options
    My breakfasts are ussually about 400 calories approx. 1 egg 1 toast 1 bacon sometimes a demspters bagel with cream cheese. + my flavoured coffee creamer and flavored coffee
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Generally I have either eggs,bacon, grits and toast or oatmeal, apple and toast. I always have coffee. Today is a lazy day and I had peanut butter/nilla wafers, yogurt and coffee and it was about 475 including the coffee that I use sugar and half and half with.