Toast for breakfast

Options

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I had this for breakfast

Vanilla Chai-Nana Breakfast Shake (http://lynds-sanity.tumblr.com/post/72272117852) - first time trying it, didn't have whipcream
    Blueberry yoplait yogurt
    toast with garlic herb cheese wedge

I'd say 200+ is good for breakfast. I suppose it really depends on what you have going on that day too

bump
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!

Nothing naughty about bacon or oil. :noway: :huh:

aren't oil and bacon fattening? I use coles brand oil and i always thought bacon was a bad meat to eat? am i wrong :S

There is no such thing as a "fattening" food. There is no food in particular that will make you fat...dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Consuming more calories than your body requires to maintain your weight is fattening.

Dietary fat is calorie dense, but it is also an essential component of proper nutrition. Dietary fat is essential to hormone regulation and nutrient absorption among other things.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!

Nothing naughty about bacon or oil. :noway: :huh:

aren't oil and bacon fattening? I use coles brand oil and i always thought bacon was a bad meat to eat? am i wrong :S

Nope Bacon is actually very low in calories.. and eating fat does not make you fat or unhealthy. Eating too much does.
  • ntg13
    ntg13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Fresh made popcorn with honey and a bit of milk makes an amazing breakfast!
  • tiffyshellie
    tiffyshellie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a satisfying homemade quiche Florentine.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My fav on the go breakfast is a waffle nutella sandwich!!!
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, all this breakfast talk makes me want to have breakfast again for lunch. I like a few more calories for breakfast, with a hefty serving of protein, and I usually take it to work with me because I like to get out the door as quickly as possible in the morning. My new favorite is:

Cooked millet, quinoa, whatever grain I have, about 170 cal worth (40 grams dry; I cook up a batch at the beginning of the week)
    1 serving yogurt, goat or fat free greek
    Whatever fruit you like (right now I'm using a homemade cranberry-apple compote, which adds a lot of tartness)
    Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or hemp hearts

Another trusty standby is chia pudding:
    1 c almond milk
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    1 scoop protein powder
    Some fruit (blueberries, banana, whatever is around, fresh or frozen)
    Cinnamon or vanilla, if you'd like
    Put everything in a pint jar with a lid. Shake vigorously. Can store it in the fridge overnight so that all you need to do in the morning is grab it. If you used frozen fruit, it will have had time to thaw.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfasts...
    - toast w/ sliced avocado and drizzled with sriracha
    - toast with peanut butter
    - egg omellette with various fillings (this is mainly a weekend thing)
    - greek yogurt
  • brennamathis
    Options
    Usuals: sunny side up egg cooked in nonstick skillet (no extra spray or oil or anything) with black pepper and red pepper, slice of cheddar, both on a sandwich skinny (260 calories); yogurt and granola (300 calories or less depending on type of yogurt and brand of granola I can happen to find at our store that particular week, they change it constantly); plain oatmeal and some type of fruit (250-300 calories or less, depending on type of and how much fruit). I almost always drink water with my breakfast, or have coffee with a tsp of sugar and like 1/8 cup of milk, or unsweetened tea.

I'm honestly not hungry most days until 2-3pm ish (and I wake up at 7:30), but I find if I make myself eat something within an hour or so of waking up that I'm not as likely to want not-so-great for me foods when I finally *do* get hungry later on, and that I can have a small snack (like 150 calories or less) around 3, then eat a bigger dinner and really feel like I'm getting to eat what I want and not feel quite as restricted at dinner time vs. coming home and telling myself "dang, I ONLY have xxxx amount of calories to use for dinner". I know it's not the norm, but hey, it works for me.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had one whole wheat sandwhich thin toasted with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and 1 small sliced banana on top....208 calories
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

Immediately eat carbs in the morning and you shut that process down.

What is your rationale?

Broscience at its finest. I eat breakfast because I'm hungry and I want to. Your theory is silly.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My breakfast varies, but I typically eat "breakfast" around 8:30-9 a.m. and it will consist of 2 boiled eggs and 2 slices of toast (+/- 210 cals) and a snack around 10:30-11 a.m. that is usually a light Greek yogurt (80 cals) with fresh fruit if I have it (25 cals). Some days, it's oatmeal for my higher calorie meal. I also like frozen breakfast sandwiches like Special K flatbreads (240 cals). And, if I'm in a real rush, I'll eat a protein bar or a PBJ. Those are my portable breakfasts for weekdays. On the weekends, I like to eat a high protein, high fiber cereal and fruit because I can't figure out a way to safely tote my milk to work and I really like cereal!

As for not eating breakfast? Nonsense! The only time I don't eat breakfast is when I'm barfing.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    The other reason I eat breakfast when I first wake up is that if I don't, I won't be able to have anything substantial at all until at least 1:30. I am a teacher. I can eat snack with the children, but that' just fruit which is a great snack but not a great breakfast. My lunchbreak isn't until 1:30 or sometimes 2:30. I can't wait that long. So please don't even try to tell me that I don't need to eat anything in the morning. It just isn't rational not to.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

What is your rationale?
    Because there are other human beings I might encounter before my "lunch," and biting into breakfast is generally preferable to biting their heads off.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?
    You're an odd duck. Every post comes across rather... contrarian.

I eat breakfast because:
    I'm fueling my body and my work outs.
    I wake up hungry
    I like breakfast
    Eating breakfast works for me.
  • HoverKitteh
    Options

What is your rationale?

How many people here wake up and immediately dive face first into a bowl of cornflakes?

I'd venture that there aren't many.

By the time I eat breakfast, I've had my lemon water, two cups of coffee, 16 oz of water, and a 45 minute workout--and I'm hungry. When I'm hungry, I eat. Trust me, my co-workers find it preferable to me on a low blood sugar rampage.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast, but that doesn't mean other people shouldn't. Especially when my allergies are acting up. All the drainage makes me pretty nauseated in the mornings so the thought of food just makes me feel sicker. So I just wait. I do try to get some tea with honey or a cup of all natural pear juice down as soon as I can tolerate it. Food wise though I usually wait until lunch to eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?
    You're an odd duck. Every post comes across rather... contrarian.

I eat breakfast because:
    I'm fueling my body and my work outs.
    I wake up hungry
    I like breakfast
    Eating breakfast works for me.

Well, I am not the one trying to lose weight.
    You wake up with an empty stomach? Doesn't mean you have to eat.
    Eating breakfast is simply more calories that your body doesn't need.
    You have plenty of fuel on board for any type of workout that you might want to do.
    If you are overweight, eating breakfast is NOT working for you, it is working against you.
    So why do you do it?
    Now THAT is odd.
    I lost weight years ago. I'm maintaining.
    And as for your theories about eating breakfast: nope. I don't buy them. Sorry. Folks aren't overweight because they are eating breakfast. They are overweight because they are eating too many calories. The name of the meal time is NOT why they are overweight.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Why is breakfast working against me? Why not make it brunch? I think this meal may have more to answer for, what with the hollandaise and muffins and such.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    today i had 2 eggs sunny side up, 1/2 a gluten free bagel, 2% fat greek yogurt and reduced sugar rasberry jam = 430 calories

:laugh: i see some of you all are taking the bait from that anti-breakfast poster. considering that all their spam threads get closed, they're relegated to posting in breakfast threads :laugh: