Toast for breakfast

Options

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    So this morning for breakfast I had a cup of coffee with 2 tbs of my chocolate caramel creamer, 2 tsp of sugar and I had 2 pieces of white bread with 1 tbs of honey spread shared between the two pieces of bread. All of this totaling to 292 calories for my morning.
    What did everyone else have for breakfast?

Also, is 292 calories a lot for just my morning when MFP has my calories set for 1360?

my breakfasts are usually between 200-325 calories but, what you ate would not satisfy me for long! that's pretty much caffeine, sugar, sugar, carbs and sugar. I'd crash fast. Something with protein and fats instead will leave most people satisfied for hours. Some of my standards are yogurt with berries (maybe with some sunflower seeds), or egg and ounce of cheese (or 2 eggs, no cheese) on a whole wheat pita.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    last couple of days I've had a peanut butter breakfast cookie (176) and a light & fit greek yogurt (80) along with my coffee which I drink black but dose the first 2 cups with fiber powder (so 30 cal total there). I too need protein in the morning but have found that I stay even more full for an even LONGER time if I have enough fiber too. The above breakfast is 286 calories, 17g protein and 8g fiber! I use fiber powder just because I'm lazy and it's easy and convenient lol.

A lot of the time I'll have a 1-2 egg + 1-2 egg whites omelette or scramble, depending on what I have in mind for supper, with bacon bits or chopped up turkey sausage (like kielbasa, not breakfast patties), another high-ish protein, reasonable calorie option (again, with the fiber-fortified coffee!)
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    6 days a week I have scrambled eggs with a green smoothie or just fruit. Today being a rest day I went with oatmeal with fruit.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today, after my long run, I had a fried egg, a bagel thin with honey nut cream cheese, and some blackberries. Most days during the week, I have a cup of Special K cereal, a slice of toast with Nutella, and some flavored water--sometimes with a piece of fruit.
  • Chriztii
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!
  • Chriztii
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

Immediately eat carbs in the morning and you shut that process down.

What is your rationale?

Breakfast isn't eaten as soon as you wake up haha, i did a 30min walk on the treadmill this morning and did some cleaning before i ate breakfast and i ate it because i was hungry. why else would you eat? but to fuel yourself!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

What is your rationale?

I get hungry and grumpy and will likely stop at a gas station for a sandwich otherwise.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    One cup Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls cereal
    One cup 1% milk
    1/2 scoop protein powder

325 calories

My breakfasts are ALWAYS high-fiber cereals with 1% milk. I'm a cereal freak. I don't always add the protein mix, just when I'm in the mood.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!

Nothing naughty about eggs and bacon
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

I have 2-3 cups of coffee and between 4 and 6 cups (8oz) of water before I even dream of breakfast. I'm up and moving and getting stuff done for a solid 2-3 hours before I eat. What's with assuming we all shovel food in the moment our feet hit the floor?
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If I have breakfast it's always protein and fat. This morning it was sausage and coffee with lots of heavy cream. I can eat the biggest bowl of oatmeal and it leaves me hungry 2hrs later, but fat and protein keeps me going for a long time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have to eat a little protein in the morning, otherwise i'll "crash" 2 hours after eating. When I was younger, not eating protein didn't affect me the way it does now. I also have to have more complex carbs (at least 4 gram of fiber per serving)
    I usually have about 200 cal for breakfast, then a hundred calorie snack mid morning
    Ditto, if I had sugar and a starchy carb for breakfast I'd crash. I'd need to at least have peanut butter with a 100% whole wheat toast.
  • SerenaKitty
    Options

What is your rationale?

I feel drained of energy if I don't eat breakfast. Also, I like food, and usually eat it up to three times a day. I used to skip breakfast before work and school, and got dizzy and tired by 9. It just doesn't work for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

Because I'm hungry... doh. I typically eat it 1 hour after waking up. If I don't I get dizzy and crabby. I actually tend to eat most of my calories before 1pm. Typically I don't eat after 6.30pm though, so it's usually 12-13 hours between dinner and breakfast.

For me it's anything: oatmeal, Greek yogurt, cereal and milk, eggs, bagels, leftovers, whatever I feel like really. Usually 300ish calories, sometimes 500.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast?

Fuel. If I'm going to work it'll keep me going until about 1030 when I'll have a snack, piece of fruit or something. If it's weekends and I'm off out for a run or a ride then I need something to fuel the session.
    ...and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

Utter nonsense
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

I'm maintaining but lost over 40 Lbs eating breakfast. whether you eat breakfast or not is irrelevant and you keep spouting this nonsense. If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight...it doesn't matter if you skip breakfast or not...you can skip breakfast and still over-eat. I never used to eat breakfast except on weekends and I still got fat...so stop with the nonsense already.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

I eat breakfast because:
    I enjoy it
    It gets my...ahem...digestive system going in the morning
    I love cereal
    I enjoy eating breakfast
    I love the quiet time of sitting at the table before starting my day
    I feel great the rest of the day
    I like to eat breakfast
    I don't believe in systems getting shut down because of the time of day
    I enjoy my routine
    I like my breakfast food
    I like to eat breakfast
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

Steve, if all you have is a coffee in the morning, does this shut the process down. What constitutes keeping the fast going on? What shuts it down?
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

i was never much of a breakfast eater ..at 300 lbs you would think i ate breakfast but i never did. so many people told me to eat breakfast and my trainer told me to eat it too.. so i did and i eventually saw 192lbs on the scale. this past year or so i stopped the workouts and didnt eat breakfast anymore . if i did have breakfast it was always at a diner or on the fly where there was never a healthy thing in my hand -- fried eggs,bacon,sausage, buttered toast, homefries, fattening breakfast sandwiches, donuts ect... well lets say i gained weigh back and after all that hard work.. im back to getting a healthy start now and doing better. i do not seem to crave everything in sight if i have a good healthy and hearty breakfast... but that is me -- i know we are all different in what works for us
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Nothing naughty about bacon or oil. :noway: :huh: