goal reached 362# lost in 17 months no surgery

Options

Replies

• Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Kudos to you!! I'm sure your story will inspire many!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You sir, ROCK...period. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :glasses: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

ETA/P.S. Use that sheer willpower of yours to make yourself listen to your sweetheart and best friend wife and your doctor too! :flowerforyou:
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hope, for those of us who are/were morbidly obese, that some of the take-away from Ted's story, is that he visited his doctor regularly during this amazing weight loss! He had blood work and other tests done to ensure that he was not doing irreparable damage to his body.

I go see my doctor this month. I plan on visiting him every three months to check cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, etc.

He is indeed an amazing man.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    wow great job!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    amazing!!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Awesome story - tremendous will power. Now keep it off. You can do it!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    MIND BLOWING!!!!
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    All,
    Thanks for your kind comments and congrats on your own success.
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    INSPIRATIONAL!!!!! Thanks for sharing
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Your dedication is amazing and such an inspiration. Congratulations on all you success ????????
  • awaywiththeFairys
    awaywiththeFairys Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    amazing Ty you much for sharing it with us :)
  • Jenna299
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! I think each persons success depends on their commitment for sure. Rules aren't always what works for everybody, sometimes you just have to break them! You have truly inspired me as well as others by sharing!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You look great and seem so happy-congratulations! Truly awesome!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing !!! What an inspiration you are :)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You are a success story if ever there were one. Congrats man. WOW!!!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Wow. No cheat days? You are truly inspiring. And you look amazing. Congratulations!
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have given me the greatest gift that a person can bestow upon another. Hope. Thank you so very much for that.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, that is just amazing! You surely are a great inspiration for many of us!
  • hotrodhoodlum28
    hotrodhoodlum28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You just brought tears of happiness to me with your story, getting healthy is tthe most important and gratifying thing you can do for yourself
    I am no rookie or stranger to gaining weight, losing weight, failed attempts, and paying for the same real estate over and over again. I have tried it all except for "the surgery". I really never had any problem losing it. Keeping it off has been my Achilles heal.

This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found MFP and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I lost 282# in the first 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days during the first 12 months.

In the past 17 months I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

Total loss as of today is 362#. I had a doctor appointment last week and my doctor has advised me to give my body a chance to catch up with the changes from the past 17 months. He feels I am at a good weight for me. I think by the charts I am considered overweight but at 6'3" I have no problem carrying my current weight. My wife has wanted me to stop for some time. She feels I am too thin. I think it is the drastic change and she is adjusting to it. Either way I am going to take a stab at maintenance. It is my intention to continue logging and weighing every day to monitor my progress. I am very determined not to start gaining weight and giving back all of the hard work. As I transition to maintenance, I can honestly say I never had a cheat meal, cheat day, or exceeded my calories or ever strayed from the same determination I had from day one. The payoff was a 362# weight loss in 17 months. I recently had to have emergency hernia surgery. I was released with no restrictions after three weeks. No doubt a tribute to my level of fitness and the weight loss.

# 1 photo-July 2012
    #2 photo-July 2013
    #3 photo-October 2013
    #4 photo-December 2013
    #5 photo-December 2013

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg

7aebee30-985f-4cbc-b01b-e29b384666f7_zpsfe0c9d30.jpg

photo_zps7ba602a7.jpg

photo2_zpscba2d7f1.jpg
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look incredible you are a true inspiration thank you so much for sharing your story you should be so proud of what you have accomplished.......

~Charlie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!