What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I went out, and had a delicious giant (but compartively low cal and healthy) dinner of steamed mussels appetizer, and then steamed king crab legs with some smoked carolina susage, some sauteed veggies, and also just the skin of a baked potato (it was a whole potato, not like an order of potato skins and i just ate the skin off) Didn't dip anything in butter, just straight crab, and mussels were in a sauce but I didn't soak up the sauce or anything.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I made portabello mushrooms baked with tomato sauce and a four cheese blend. I had a big garden salad with feta on the side. It was pretty good and filling for 480 calories.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Chuck steak with mushrooms and onions. First time making chuck steak and it was very tender and good flavor.
  • momtoeric
    momtoeric Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I made Russian Borscht for the first time. It was ok...plenty healthy, but kind of boring and blah.
  • nicole595
    nicole595 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on jalapeno bread. Not great on protein, but I've upped that elswhere in my day to compensate.

Grilled cheese on jalapeño bread sounds incredible. I'm drooling
  • nicole595
    nicole595 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Green bell peppers stuffed with turkey sausage crumbles, brown rice, tomato sauce. Cooked on low in the crockpot for about 4 hrs and topped with a little fat free shredded cheese. Very filling!!!

I'm thinking this is dinner for tomorrow haha!! :)
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm having lima bean, ham, and vegetable soup. It's cold here.
  • AlleganyMiss
    Options
    Homemade chicken taco soup. For one cup of it with 1/3 cup shredded mexican blend cheese, 2 TBSP sour cream and 28 grams of Lundberg rice chips.
  • AlleganyMiss
    Options
    Homemade chicken taco soup. For one cup of it with 1/3 cup shredded mexican blend cheese, 2 TBSP sour cream and 28 grams of Lundberg rice chips was under 400 calories. It was like Nacho's...lol
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    chicken salad with a slightly Asian flair

1 package broccoli slaw
    10 ounces grilled chicken
    3/4 crunchy chow mien noodles
    1 cup raw mushrooms
    3/4 cup mandarin oranges
    1/4 cup lite low fat sesame ginger dressing
    Small can of sliced water chestnuts

This makes 6-7 cups, I'll eat about 1/3 of the recipe and split the rest with the kids.
  • X_littlemiss_X
    Options
    i was going to have soup..... but its 40 degrees celcius here so im thinking it makes me silly haha
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I cooked beef in the slow cooker in sweetheart stout with onions and chunky carrots! And had broccoli and puff pastry aswell ;) was yummy!!!! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed x
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i was going to have soup..... but its 40 degrees celcius here so im thinking it makes me silly haha

I had to google a celcius/fahrenheit converter to make sure my mental math was working. 40 degrees celcius would feel like living in an oven to me right now. Here it's currently -17 celcius (0 degrees fahrenheit to save anyone else from having to google it) and apparently it's only getting colder for the next three days.

Though soup ... it's never too hot for soup.
  • FitMommaD
    FitMommaD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    we did chicken livers seared in avocado oil over roasted eggplant and bell peppers and a side of roasted tomato polenta *yummy*
  • fluttershy2102
    Options
    Chicken and white bean soup and jerk chicken and steamed veges for the husband. (Meat eater)
    Split pea soup and steamed veges for me (vegetarian).

Although I really need to start eating some protein.. Maybe I'll cook up some tofu as well but I only like it ultra fried in oil, lol, so not too healthy.
  • slcrane90
    slcrane90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My dinner plans are boring....grilled chicken with brown rice and broccoli. Any suggestions on how to spruce that up?
  • slcrane90
    Options
    chicken salad with a slightly Asian flair

1 package broccoli slaw
    10 ounces grilled chicken
    3/4 crunchy chow mien noodles
    1 cup raw mushrooms
    3/4 cup mandarin oranges
    1/4 cup lite low fat sesame ginger dressing
    Small can of sliced water chestnuts

This makes 6-7 cups, I'll eat about 1/3 of the recipe and split the rest with the kids.
  • slcrane90
    Options
    I will be using this recipe if you dont mind. Sounds wonderful!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Chicken Balsamico (from Trader Joe's cookbook)
    Oven-roasted brussel sprouts (in EVOO, sea salt, pepper)
    Steamed brown rice (to soaks up yummy balsamic sauce)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Couscous Salad with Roasted Vegetables and chickpeas