What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Kept it simple tonight. Grilled chicken and boiled pasta with some Prego sauce. Boring, I know, but hey...I had to get rid of some leftover pasta. :)
  • Carolyncjp
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous root vegetable hotpot with split peas - delicious!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Fish sticks, frozen peas and chicken fried riiiiice. Because I like fish sticks.

I love fish sticks too and im not even a gay fish
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    SUSHIIIIIII!

So freakin' excited. I'm not even gonna care that I'm there in my gym clothes.

...maybe just a little.

JEALOUS!!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Homemade meatball subs topped with sauteed onions, green peppers, and parmesan cheese. Chips and dip on the side.
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Leek and potato soup with some grilled chicken on the side :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    ive got turkey sausage, kraut and potatoes in the crockpot. will have some spicy brown mustard to go with

That sounds delicious!
  • hanssonrickard
    Options
    Salmon with mushrooms and leek in a creamy sauce, cooked in the oven. Rice with that.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Grilled (indoor) chicken breast, some couscous, romaine salad and some carrots. Might follow that up with a cookie or two.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Cup of red beans and four cubes of cheddar cheese and a cup of steam Kale with cup of green tea.
    Had a heavy lunch and don't want a heavy dinner
  • ktroeloffs
    ktroeloffs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Garden Salad and Crescent Rolls!
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Potato Soup!!!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Gluten free here and I love pizza, bbq chicken being my most favorite!!

So I will be having 2 Corn tortillas with bbq sauce, chicken, and mozzarella cheese baked until the cheese is slightly brown....
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    eggplant parmigian
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hot and Sour Soup is our choice tonight!

Serves 4 to 6

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    4 scallions, white and green parts, minced, plus more for garnish
    8 ounces ground pork
    4 cups store-bought or homemade chicken stock
    1 pound soft or firm tofu (not silken and not extra firm), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    4 or 5 medium button mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced (or substitute dried, re-hydrated wood ear mushrooms)
    1 teaspoon granulated sugar
    2/3 cups rice vinegar, or to taste
    3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
    1 tablespoon sesame oil, plus more for garnish
    1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, or to taste
    2 large eggs
    White or black pepper for garnish

In the saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, and pork and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. You want to break up the pork into smaller pieces with a spoon, but don't worry about breaking it down completely or cooking it through.

Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the tofu, mushrooms, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, sesame oil, and Sriracha sauce and bring the soup back to a simmer over medium-high heat. Taste the soup. If you want it hotter, add more Sriracha sauce; if you want it more sour, add more vinegar.

In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. With the soup at a steady simmer, slowly whisk in the eggs so they form strands. Bring the soup back to a simmer. Divide the soup among 4 to 6 bowls and garnish each with a little sesame oil, scallion, and white or black pepper. Serve immediately.

Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
  • taoistpunk
    taoistpunk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oven Baked Fajitas

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    2 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp seasoned salt
    1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.

In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.

Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.

Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are done.

We have this weekly. I love it...can't get enough. I add extra green chiles, and at the end I broil for a few minutes to get the onions/peppers/chicken on top kinda charred.
  • themelmac
    themelmac Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken parmesan and a little pasta and sauce.

Yum.
  • nerge
    nerge Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We had chilli last night but instead of rice I had cabbage... I usely have grated cauliflower rice but the shop was out of cauliflower! :(
  • luvdatbud
    Options
    Blue chesse risotto!? Yes please!!!!!
  • amandasimons50
    amandasimons50 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my turkey tacos-- 360 calories for two tacos! I'm so proud of this one! I just got a box of Old El Paso stand'n'stuff tacos with corn taco shells, and made enough for 3 tacos (1 for J and 2 for me) with 6 oz ground turkey, 2.5 tsp taco seasoning, 3 tsp water and then added 1 tbsp sauce (per 2 tacos), spinach and chopped tomatoes.... was so yummy and filling! :) Makes me happy I didn't give up this morning!