Who still eats chocolate and loses weight?

Options
Hi I am a chocoholic. No honestly I love my chocolate, I have cut down an awful lot and I was wondering does anyone out there eat a bit of chocolate on a daily basis and still lose weight?

I understand the calorie intake etc, but if you are within your calorie intake should you lose weight even with eating chocolate?

Replies

• lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have biscuits every day, or chocolate, and I order in pizza once a week - I average about 1lb a week weight loss.

As long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight regardless of what you eat. There is no need to give up something you enjoy - just use portion control.
  • misstillbert
    Options
    I'm a crispaholic and have a small amount a day. I find as long as I couldn't them then I seem to lose ok. If I cut them completely I would be sad :( lol
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Daily chocolate consumption and my ticker is proof it is ok!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I eat Lindt 70% dark or 85% dark. A few squares a day; it's like medicine for me! :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate several times a week, sometimes daily when it fits in my calories and macros. No reason to deny yourself.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Me
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Day. 32 pounds down since July. Ten peanut butter M&Ms have 80 calories, Trader Joe's dark chocolate bars have 100 calories, and I almost always have 100 or more calories left after 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. So I get at least a nibble every day.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Me! And cookies. And ice cream. Yum.
  • zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've tried cutting out all sweets before and it never worked because I couldn't stick with it. I'm just not meant to live without chocolate. :) This time I eat what I want but in sensible portions. So far, so good and it's something I feel like I could stick with forever.
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    O, yes. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Kisses are only 20 cal each. I have between 2 and 4 regularly.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I eat Lindt 70% dark or 85% dark. A few squares a day; it's like medicine for me! :)

^^^^^This.....except I favor Alter Eco Blackout 85%! :love:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Just eat less of everything else and make it fit. I haven't gone a day without dessert since I started losing weight in May.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep!

you might want to look into IIFYM....
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I live in Germany and it would probably be a sin NOT to eat the chocolate here! I do try to keep the amount in check though, hard as that is ;)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I like the Dove dark chocolate squares and will usually have one or two if I have the calories. I especially love putting a bit of PB on them.

While my vice is not chocolate, I do have one. Starbucks. I have one almost every morning at 350 calories. Point is that you can still enjoy a treat or vice or indulgence and there is no need to deprive yourself. Just make sure you are counting/tracking properly.

Enjoy :drinker:
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie goal, I don't think it's a problem. I eat chocolate at least 2 a week. I can't give it up
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes. As long as I'm getting my protein and water in, I allow myself plentiful good quality dark chocolate. It has health benefits!

I try to keep the calories under 200 on it, and make it really good quality.

Mind you, I am nowhere near goal, so I might have to change this when I get closer, but I doubt it. I am following the skinny people and observing their habits. The most successful at long term fitness and good nutrition eat chocolate. It makes the plan sustainable.

But I have lost 72 lbs in about 5 months eating chocolate almost daily in some form or another. Just count every bite and make sure you're not using calories that are needed for protein ... and flush, flush, flush with water because any sugar tends to cause a bit of water retention for most!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yep, don't deprive yourself of anything! Just keep it in moderation!
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. Lol. Pie, cake, snack and all the wrong foods I am told. However, when I eat something I like or crave then I workout a little harder. Everything is good in small amounts.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i do now and then as long as i can fit it into my cals