Who still eats chocolate and loses weight?

Options

Replies

• BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Big Macs and Kebabs and I've lost 106llbs lol I just burn off what bad food I eat and that seems to work just fine :bigsmile:
  • jbabbitts
    jbabbitts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fiber one chocolate cereal tastes like reeses cereal. It is also a good source of fiber. My kids wont let me keep it in the house.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yup work it your day , I have either a serving of nutella or a hot cup of cocoa , Im a choclate lover myself and find the dark chocolate To be just too bitter for me , on occassion I'll have a candy bar but It all depends on how many calories I'm willing to sacrifice ;)
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just started with this but yes, I've had chocolate pretty much every day and lost weight. There are certain types of chocolate that are harder for me to stop eating and I have tried to stay away from those most of the time (OREOS!!). But I have found other types of chocolate that satisfy that craving with a small amount. I can eat a few dark chocolate squares or dark chocolate covered almonds after dinner and feel satisfied.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Im also a chocoholic lol, but when I feel a brownie or cake is not acceptable I have some unsweetened almondmilk or fatfree milk with a little bit of sugar free chocolate syrup in it, to take the craving away it really works for me
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~raises hand~
    Chocolate almost daily.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4628331014717996&w=197&h=183&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Moderation is the key, darling.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me... I just fit it into my macros :smile:
  • cnd8304
    cnd8304 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes you can, just keep your portions in control and your good. If you try to completely give up chocolate then you'll fail in your weight loss because you'll be more opt to binge on it. I love me some chocolate and do not deny myself it :)
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate too. I eat it most days in the form of milky way dark, hershey's special dark, sugar free chocolate pudding, or semi sweet chocolate chips. I actually eat a treat of some sort every day and again right before bed. i also still eat donuts once in awhile as well as lasagna, ice cream, and cookies every Sunday. I also eat a full Jacks pepperoni pizza once a week or every other week. I lost 63 pounds in 6 months before health problems helped me gain most of it back. i have now lost 40 pounds since the first of October following the same diet and the big key - exercise! Use moderation and exercise with motivation and you can pretty much do what you want. Just my opinion by the way. Good luck and God bless you in your venture
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes a chocolate bar a day... It fits into my calorie allowance and makes me happy :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    When I first started out on MFP I cut out all candy. After a few months, because of advice on MFP, I started allowing myself to have 1 piece per day. Usually Dove dark chocolate caramel promises with sea salt 38 calories each, but now any small piece of dark chocolate, most are under 40 calories each. It is my daily treat for staying within my calorie alottment for the day. I have to say that I now prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I had a piece of milk chocolate at Christmas and it tasted way too sweet to me. But if you truly want milk chocolate the small pieces are low calorie too. They say dark chocolate has some benefits though and the darker the better.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I ate it a lot, used to be a true chocolate addict. Hasn't been bothering recently tho, but I did lose weight with chocolate. Go for pure, 70% or higher and in moderation, not more then 40 grams a day. I got a few bars at home, 90% and 99%.
  • annabellisabel
    annabellisabel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    every. every thing in moderation. I do not tell myself no to anything, sometimes I say 'later' or I bite a chocolate kiss and give the other half to my boyfriend, still get the chocolate (or whatever it is) but not all the calories. If you don't look at this as a life change, where you learn to incorporate everything (exercise included) then chances are a long-term success won't happen.

The trick here is moderation.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat it pretty much daily. I did, however, have my husband lock our stash up in the safe that he has the key to and he has to get it for me if I want some, so I make healthier choices during the day when he's at work/school. It has helped a ton just to mentally know they're not as easy to grab, but helps me mentally know they're there and I can have them so I don't feel deprived and get frustrated.
  • Yep! Like the posters below, it's about portion control. And the type of chocolate you pick. I find that a small piece of dark chocolate satisfies my craving more than two whole kit kats, and it's way less sugar. It's the sugar that's the problem.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty big sweet tooth so I allow myself something sweet each day. As long as it fits within my calorie goal, I'm good!
  • humglum76
    humglum76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. I prefer dark but I won't turn any of it away. :-)
  • Qween_of_Heartz
    Qween_of_Heartz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a wonderful chocolate cake recipie for you and its gluten free carb and CLEAn.. there is no white flour in it ..its baked with crushed almonds instead of flour and its delicious..check out my blog for the recipie
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a chocoholic. No honestly I love my chocolate, I have cut down an awful lot and I was wondering does anyone out there eat a bit of chocolate on a daily basis and still lose weight?

I understand the calorie intake etc, but if you are within your calorie intake should you lose weight even with eating chocolate?

I eat a lot of junk food and still lose weight.

Yesterday I had the stomach bug & didn't eat most of my calories, so today I made some of them up with a ton of Ben & Jerry's for breakfast.