Who still eats chocolate and loses weight?

Options

Replies

• thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 2 of my boyfriend's homemade chocolate chip cookies every day for the past week. I lost 4.2lbs this week. Fit it in your calories and all is well.
  • countonloss
    Options
    I do - not every day - but if I need it or maybe just want it, I make sure it's within my allowance. My brother sent me some delicious Belgian chocolates for Christmas and a neighbour bought me some for helping out - I allowed myself 2 chocs a day - counted the calories and did not put on any weight over Christmas - even with all the other food on offer and eaten :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah! If I couldn't have chocolate and my other vices? I would have fallen off the wagon a long time ago. ;) I keep it within calorie limits, and am good to go.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I have to put my hand up and say YESSS!
    if you can work chocolate into your allowance then why not :) for me I enjoy a snack sized bar every day and yes, I consistantly lose :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I eat anything i want..some kind of sweet daily and still lose weight.. It is when I throw caution to the wind and don't eat in moderation I get myself in trouble.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    yep!

you might want to look into IIFYM....

Sorry what is llFYM.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost 26 lbs while still eating chocolate every day - I just made sure it fit into my calorie allowance for the day (trust me, I MADE it fit).

Up until last week I ate chocolate every day while maintaining my weight loss. If I hadn't been able to do that I wouldn't have lasted very long in my weight loss endeavours.

Right now I am in competition prep and I cannot have chocolate. I know it is short-term (3 months) so I am able to cope so far....but ask me again in a week or two, lol.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but I eat chocolate when I fancy it. I just make sure to adjust the rest of my food accordingly so I stay within my calorie allowance.

Same goes for pizza, chips, curry, beer and everything else I enjoy.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate at least 4 times a week, usually a dark chocolate salted caramel lately, but sometimes other things. As you know it is about calorie management, and as long as you are within your calorie range you are good. Even when I was at 2lbs a week I could squeeze in a chocolate from time to time.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Yep! I love chocolate, too. I put chocolate chips in my Greek yogurt, chocolate ice cream, chocolate bars... I just portion them out and make one fit into my day. This can be applied for everything. As long as you're within your calorie limits, you'll lose weight. I just balance my macronutrients as well, for health but nothing is off limits.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    yep!

Sorry what is llFYM.

IIFYM stands for "If It Fits Your Macros"...bascially you eat what you want as long as it fits your daily allowances of calories.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. Scharffenberger 70-80%, or equivalent.

IIFYM -> If It Fits Your Macros, or, "you can eat all of your calories in pizza, beer, and twinkies if you like, as long as you satisfy your macronutrient (protein, fat, carb) ratios and your calorie budget".
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I have sweets every day. A lot of times they're chocolate. I do have some things that are triggering so I avoid them, but there are other things that I am fine with my planned amount.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    Ditto on the chocolate cravings. I try to limit myself to one piece a day, a Hershey's "Nugget". Now if everybody else would eat the Christmas cookies and save me from myself.....
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I always have a square of Ghirardelli's Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree after dinner. I think 3 squares are a serving - but one suits me fine. If you like the sweet / salty thing, then you can't beat a piece of chocolate after a spicy chicken stir fry!
  • farfromperfectdottv
    Options
    yep!

^ THIS ^

IIFYM has saved my rear sooo many times! It's flexible dieting, where you can eat just about anything you want as long as it fits within your macros- your daily allotment for carbs, fats, and proteins. I don't follow it religiously and to a T, but I use this method as a guidepost for all my eating now. I enjoy chocolate EVERY day, as well as many other comfort foods (in moderation, of course). Of all the things I've tried in my weight loss, it's the one sustainable method I've found. I've tried cutting out all the no-no foods before in other diets (Paleo, Atkins, etc.) and that would usually lead to me depriving myself of them for a couple of weeks, and then getting overwhelmed and binging on them. Everything in moderation is ok. I eat cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate, and tamales on the regular and look what its done for me :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. Scharffenberger 70-80%, or equivalent.

IIFYM -> If It Fits Your Macros, or, "you can eat all of your calories in pizza, beer, and twinkies if you like, as long as you satisfy your macronutrient (protein, fat, carb) ratios and your calorie budget".

And fiber. Very important, as well.

OP: I eat a LOT of chocolate. :)
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate pretty much everyday and it's not a problem (although I'm maintaining more than losing). I just have one or two small, good quality chocolates so that's enough for me. If I deprived myself of it completely, I'd end up binging on it.

Jillian Michaels has said she eats chocolate everyday so if it's good enough for her....!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat a little chocolate most days. Almost every day I have cocoa roast almonds with a glass of red wine for dessert, but I also occasionally eat a piece of chocolate. I am not a chocoholic, though. I like chocolate, but it's not my favorite treat.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Since I've been on MFP - one square of Ritter dark marzipan most days - 30 calories. And a quarter cup of ice cream, with nuts.

I'm going to be doing this forever. Give up dessert? Forget it!