e

Options
I just went to the doctor and got my prescription of Adipex...

Since I had a grande latte this morning, I am going to start tomorrow. The doctor also gave me an injection on B12. I'm not a fan of needles, so that was a huge step and just one more indication of how determined I am to lose these 30lbs!

I am 37, 5'6", 170lbs. This is the heaviest I have been in 5 years! I am so disgusted with myself! I studied dance my whole life and always was really healthy, but the past year (between beingbunemployed and comfortable in my relationship with my boyfriend) really made me really lazy!

Well that is about to change! It is a new year and it's time for a new me!!! I want my boyfriend to not be able to take his hands off of me...I want to turn heads when I am at the beach. I want to be healthy again!!!

This is it!!! Any and all support I can get from here is welcomed!!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You don't need anything special to lose weight. I'm 5'5" and was 170 lbs the end of June 2013. I weighed 188 lbs a day before I gave birth to my second baby in May. I'm 124 lbs now. You can do this without giving up things. Why not start tracking today? Log that latte. Maybe get a skinny version next time, or save the calories for a regular one. And read this! The best thing you can do for yourself is not deprive yourself. This doesn't have to be miserable ♥

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants 
  • slopes02840
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words... I know I can do this too... But don't really plan on depriving myself of anything... Just doing it right from now on.

My weakness is carbs... sweets... Starches...

Ugh!!! I think I can, I think I can!!!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    You don't need anything special to lose weight. I'm 5'5" and was 170 lbs the end of June 2013. I weighed 188 lbs a day before I gave birth to my second baby in May. I'm 124 lbs now. You can do this without giving up things. Why not start tracking today? Log that latte. Maybe get a skinny version next time, or save the calories for a regular one. And read this! The best thing you can do for yourself is not deprive yourself. This doesn't have to be miserable ♥

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants 

Yup.

That.

Don't put things off to tomorrow that you can't start today. Unless laundry.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words... I know I can do this too... But don't really plan on depriving myself of anything... Just doing it right from now on.

My weakness is carbs... sweets... Starches...

Ugh!!! I think I can, I think I can!!!

Want to do it right but got diet pills?
  • slopes02840
    Options
    LishieFruit89, gee thanks for the jab there. Didn't post this for nasty comments like yours. I do not see anything wrong with a little supplement to assist with my weight loss. If I plan on eating right and exercising as well, then what's the problem.

I have tried the Adkins diet, the colon cleanse and garcinia cambogia diet, I have tried the c25k, I am at a lull and need an extra boost...

If I can lose the weight this way, I know that I will do everything I can to maintain the results...

But FYI...you can take your negative comments elsewhere as they're not wanted here!

Thanks!
  • DeltaZero
    Options
    Diet pills are not really doing it right.

Eating less, and moving more is the game plan.

Burn more calories than you eat. (But not so much that you don't eat enough for basic bodily needs)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    LishieFruit89, gee thanks for the jab there. Didn't post this for nasty comments like yours. I do not see anything wrong with a little supplement to assist with my weight loss. If I plan on eating right and exercising as well, then what's the problem.

I have tried the Adkins diet, the colon cleanse and garcinia cambogia diet, I have tried the c25k, I am at a lull and need an extra boost...

If I can lose the weight this way, I know that I will do everything I can to maintain the results...

But FYI...you can take your negative comments elsewhere as they're not wanted here!

Thanks!

Public forum. Can't tell me what to do.

Learn moderation, eat less, move more.

Fad diets and pills will continue the yo-yo.
  • slopes02840
    Options
    Do you really think that you are telling me something I don't know?

Thanks again for showing some maturity!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Just joining, making a first post ever, saying you're doing it right, ignoring and fighting criticism, and then saying you know it all...

Not a great way to join a large, public community. This is the internet. Get used to criticism.

Oh, and diet pills are the first step towards failure. That and the fad diets you mentioned. The only way to lose weight "the right way," as you put it, is through moderation, determination, patience, and discipline. Getting "a little help" from some drug which will have side effects is not going to get you there.

Though, if it does, it won't keep you there. You need to develop a healthy lifestyle with healthy habits. There are no "quick fixes."
  • DeltaZero
    Options

If you know it all, can you please teach us?

(Oh, and if you DO know it all, why are you here?)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    *deleted due to computer fail*
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You don't need a pill for 18 pounds and frankly your doctor is wrong for giving it to you for such a little amount to lose.

But, you know it so good luck to you.
  • DeltaZero
    Options
    You don't need a pill for 18 pounds and frankly your doctor is wrong for giving it to you for such a little amount to lose.

But, you know it so good luck to you on your journey.

Fixed that for ya.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    is this like alli?

no thank you.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    {making popcorn emote}
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

But, you know it so good luck to you on your journey.

Fixed that for ya.

It didn't need fixing but alrighty
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you want your boyfriend to grope you. I'll give you the answer. 2.71828
    A: its lifting heavy. with barbells in a squat rack. and eating sensibly.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    have you tried, you know.. just using myfitnesspal?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Then why did you get diet pills?

I'm confused!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    You don't need a pill for 18 pounds

I think it's 30 lbs? Might not need a pill for 18 lbs, but 30....