Toning Up...

Options
124»

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Um anyway...

I've decided to go with the 30DS and work through that as I find it a bit of a challenge when I attempted it last night. Thanks for all the relevant replies in the thread.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    But you don't get to do anything about that either, do ya?

tumblr_msitrygZpH1syeot2o1_500_zps39ee279b.gif

You're arguing in your misunderstanding and I think it is delicious.

To relay an anecdote, I was in an airport waiting for a flight. I had purchased an absurdly overpriced package of potato chips and a bottled water. In that little food court area all the tables were taken but there was one seat free at a two-top where a woman was sitting reading the paper and drinking a coffee.

I politely asked her if I could sit and she cordially obliged me. I set my drink down and got the novel I was reading out of my carry-on and started to read.

After a few moments I opened my bag of chips and ate one. In my peripheral vision I caught that she was looking at me over the paper and she reached over and took a chip out of my bag and sort of made a point of eating it. Didn't say a word, just took it and crunched it.

I was a little weirded out but figured that was the 'table tax' or something in her world. I pulled the bag back toward me, kept reading and took another few chips.

She pulled it back toward her, now actually glaring at me, and in an angry way took a handful of chips out and shoved them in her mouth.

It was the strangest thing. So, we silently warred over the potato chips until the bag was nearly empty and then she just shoved it at me and stormed off.

Very confused, I just let her go, finished what was left of the bag, and went over to the departure lounge for my plane.

When they were beginning to board the plane I went into my carry-on for my ticket and found my bag of potato chips.

Boy did I feel like a dumbass.

Have a great night sweetheart.

This is a great story :flowerforyou:
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Um anyway...

I've decided to go with the 30DS and work through that as I find it a bit of a challenge when I attempted it last night. Thanks for all the relevant replies in the thread.

Something is better than nothing... But... I did the 30 day shred and while it 'broke me in' to exercise gently, I didn't see much difference, and god it was boring, so so boring. Then I started lifting heavy things and have seen huge changes and haven't got bored... And I get to perv on the 'juice heads' at the gym :wink:
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Um anyway...

Something is better than nothing... But... I did the 30 day shred and while it 'broke me in' to exercise gently, I didn't see much difference, and god it was boring, so so boring. Then I started lifting heavy things and have seen huge changes and haven't got bored... And I get to perv on the 'juice heads' at the gym :wink:

It's a new challenge for me, I've been exercising for a while so need some new stuff to work with now. If I don't see changes by April, I'll start lifting heavy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Also, dont forget, if you are doing weight training you may put on weight as muscle weighs more than fat. So i would measure your waist and hips etc as well as weighing yourself! your weight will only be half the story.

If i was you i would youtube correct ways to squat and deadlift. These compound exercises are great for stomach and all over body strength and toning. do squats and deadlifts twice a week and mix in cardio twice a week.

Job done

The bolded part has all the fallacies.

You wont be adding muscle at a deficet and muscle does not weight more than fat.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    But you don't get to do anything about that either, do ya?

You're arguing in your misunderstanding and I think it is delicious.

Nice copy-and-paste anecdote. Every time I've read it before, I found it amusing.

I'm sure my lovely newbie and I will be just fine, dear, regardless of your opinion of her "pooch", of whatever misunderstanding you believe I'm operating under and however you'll choose to respond to this.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Nice copy-and-paste anecdote. Every time I've read it before, I found it amusing.

I'm sure my lovely newbie and I will be just fine, dear, regardless of your opinion of her "pooch", of whatever misunderstanding you believe I'm operating under and however you'll choose to respond to this.

heh.

I encourage you to go find the source material that I copied that from. The statistical odds that someone else previously and independently created word-for-word what I typed out last night are astronomical.

Not impossible though, per the infinite monkey theorem. Start your search now please so that you can prove your assertion that I've copied and pasted it. So I'll talk to you in an infinite amount of time at which point you can prove that you're not a liar.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    well the OP figured out what she wanted to do, so before this becomes a flame war... it's being locked based on the below rule.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community
This discussion has been closed.