Calories in Bacon

I am always confused with this, for example.
1 piece fried bacon
total cal 90
fat cal 70

90 cal with or without grease?

Replies

• chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Generally, if the package says something like "2 pan fried slices" they assume you fry the bacon and drain the grease.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Yes, they are not assuming you are drinking the grease but if you do it may get things moving for you haha
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Generally, if the package says something like "2 pan fried slices" they assume you fry the bacon and drain the grease.
    no wonder I am not losing weight...I cook with the grease...
  • albayin
    Yes, they are not assuming you are drinking the grease but if you do it may get things moving for you haha

I think i know what you mean and I do agree. LOL
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    interesting question though
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Who cares? It's bacon.
  • albayin
    Who cares? It's bacon.

I need fine tune my diet to make sure I am consuming the right amout of calories given i haven't been successful with my weight loss for a year...so I need to know about this. :)
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Calorie counts and food weights assume pre-cooked, unless noted. Bacon is usually noted as pan-fried, where the grease has mostly rendered off. If you save it and cook with it (everyone should, it makes the best scrambled eggs), be sure to add the calories to your diary.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    1 piece fried bacon
    total cal 90
    fat cal 70

[/quote

It means than from the 90 total calories, 70 are from the fat part of the bacon and 20 from the meaty part.
  • albayin
    so if I use a strip of bacon with 90 cal on the label, fry it, then cook my vegggie in the grease, how many calories should I add?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Bacon is a negative calorie food becauuse the raptures from its deliciousness burn off my calories than you gain from eating it.
  • albayin
    1 piece fried bacon
    total cal 90
    fat cal 70

[/quote

It means than from the 90 total calories, 70 are from the fat part of the bacon and 20 from the meaty part.

but the grease comes from the fat part, right? Does that mean all that grease counts around 70 cal of the total 90?
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    so if I use a strip of bacon with 90 cal on the label, fry it, then cook my vegggie in the grease, how many calories should I add?

I'd say don't add any since the fat already came from the bacon?
  • albayin
    Bacon is a negative calorie food becauuse the raptures from its deliciousness burn off my calories than you gain from eating it.

I really want to believe you because this sounds so nice...
  • albayin

I'd say don't add any since the fat already came from the bacon?

I hope this is true...:love:
  • sonomaster
    sonomaster Posts: 27 Member
    Who cares? It's bacon.

Ditto.

And if you burn it to a tasty, delicious crisp then all the grease is gone anyway!!! TA-DA!! (your welcome)

Edit for spelling.
  • handyrunner
    Who cares? It's bacon.

Ditto.

And if you burn it to a tasty, deliscious crisp then all the grease is gone anyway!!! TA-DA!! (your welcome)

she has as point
  • albayin
    Who cares? It's bacon.

Ditto.

And if you burn it to a tasty, deliscious crisp then all the grease is gone anyway!!! TA-DA!! (your welcome)

I use the grease to cook veggie with the burned bits..
  • albayin
    Who cares? It's bacon.

Ditto.

she has as point

maybe my initial question was not very clear. I use bacon as oil base to cook. I don't just eat toasty bacon.
  • handyrunner
    here is what I vBulletin would do...if I were using the grease if measure a table spoon as the same as one strip min