no alcohol challenge!

Options
Hey all! I took December off (I know, I know) but am back! Started a no drinking challenge on New years day until my birthday (january 31st). I'm on day 8 and wow, all I can say is alcohol is looking very over-rated right now. So much motivation and better sleep to kick off 2014! Looking for some friends to support my weight loss in 2014. Please feel free to add! I have about 15-20 lbs to go, and looking to start the new years off right!

Replies

• latewinterwolf
    Options
    i dont drink at all so... lol personally ive never seen what all the fuss is about alcahol
  • vitorsquecola
    Options
    Keep it up Cristy! You can do it! Regards from Brazil.
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My husband and I've done the same thing - day 8 of no alcohol for us as well... It's amazing the changes and the amount of stuff we've accomplished on the weekends, now that we don't drink/aren't hungover!!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your challenge. I also challenged myself this month to CUT BACK on the wine. Tremendous amount of calories that I do not need in my life right now.
  • muderfocker
    muderfocker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am not drinking in january either (I don't really drink much to begin with so it's been easy so far).
    My husband is a brewer though so he is always trying to get me to taste his beer. Add me if you'd like :)
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Says the man with the beer in his hand!!!! Just teasing. I love it.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Good luck on your challenge, but I'm out! Impossible for me... they say the first step is admitting you have a problem. HA... I'm still out...
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ya, I'm more the nightly 2-3 glasses of wine person. I actually thought it would be harder than it is. So far it has been pretty easy to stick to just because I feel so much better.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was advised that my weight loss stalls may be helped if I quit drinking as well...so I pledged to remain alcohol free for 28 days That is 3 week-ends of NFL playoffs with NO BEER! I will be partaking on Super Bowl week-end. At the end of 28 days I am curious to see if this makes any difference......
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    tZOS8.gif
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am going for 60 days, no sugar, alcohol, and low carb (0 simple carbs). I only started Monday so wont be really challenged until the weekend :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

tumblr_m5jcj605rv1r9bcs5.gif?w=696
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    To patientbear:
    Hmmm... I think of it as a reset. I've been slowly drinking more often and it finally became a most nights sort of thing, not heavily but 2-3 drinks per night. I wanted to cut down but I thought a temporary abstinence would re-set me a little bit and at the end I could decide what my long term goals are. Anyhow, it's been getting in the way of my workout motivation. ;)
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Can I join in on this friendship?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

the devil's three way
  • ananda403
    ananda403 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was going to cut out alcohol for January too but it didn't work. I had a glass of wine when I went out with friends Saturday night and a beer Sunday when we had a friend over for game night. They tasted good but I had all those calories for what? Its not like I even had enough to be the life of the party, I just sat there feeling guilty. I definitely won't fall off the wagon again!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

the devil's three way

Dang she beat me to it! I don't think I can give up beer....I'll give up llama's instead...is that cool?