no alcohol challenge!

Options

Replies

• ananda403
    ananda403 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To patientbear:
    Hmmm... I think of it as a reset. I've been slowly drinking more often and it finally became a most nights sort of thing, not heavily but 2-3 drinks per night. I wanted to cut down but I thought a temporary abstinence would re-set me a little bit and at the end I could decide what my long term goals are. Anyhow, it's been getting in the way of my workout motivation. ;)

EXACTLY!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tZOS8.gif

Yep. This.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I usually only have 1 drink a day, but I've been thinking it would be nice to quit for awhile. I almost never go a day without having something, and I don't want it to become a problem.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your challenge, but I'm out! Impossible for me... they say the first step is admitting you have a problem. HA... I'm still out...

quote for truth. it's really the late night pizza/hungover pizza/not hungover pizza that i need to cut back on
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Moderate alcohol consumption actually has health benefits. There's no reason to eliminate it if you enjoy it.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    To patientbear:
    Hmmm... I think of it as a reset. I've been slowly drinking more often and it finally became a most nights sort of thing, not heavily but 2-3 drinks per night. I wanted to cut down but I thought a temporary abstinence would re-set me a little bit and at the end I could decide what my long term goals are. Anyhow, it's been getting in the way of my workout motivation. ;)

Fair enough. You know what works for you better than I do. But, as for me..... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am on a reduced plan for good! Not cutting anything out cold turkey, but the couple glasses or so NIGHTLY are no more. This is only for caloric purposes/alcohol sugar reduction and not because I think drinking is evil! Just part of my most recent overhaul. :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

tumblr_m5jcj605rv1r9bcs5.gif?w=696

Can I join in on this friendship?

How YOU doin.....?
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your challenge. I also challenged myself this month to CUT BACK on the wine. Tremendous amount of calories that I do not need in my life right now.

I agree but I can handle the calories as I drink like MAYBE 2-4 times if that a month so when I do I will drink more than I probably should and I make account for the calories in my budget for total calories a day but I am more concerned about metabolism being slower than it SHOULD BE. :) Alcohol will slow your metabolism thus sabotaging the very work we all do towards an effective weight loss regime.
    I too even would like to cut it (but not sure if and when I am ready to do that as i don't work that way)with just drinking as little as I do to completely cut out alcohol as I have at one point before I got married but its difficult now that I had stopped my streak.
    When I was completely straight edge I look back at how much more easily the fat came off and stayed off. I have to say that at that time, I regretfully stopped working out and eating right and my metabolism was so off the charts that it took over year to gain all the fat I lost (wasn't so much but none the less) Um that was with no holds bar on food, I ate what when and how much I wanted to..not that, that is the goal buahah although nice. Sorry if went off track or a little confusing but nowadays the goal is th eat live not live to eat:smile:
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I was going to cut out alcohol for January too but it didn't work. I had a glass of wine when I went out with friends Saturday night and a beer Sunday when we had a friend over for game night. They tasted good but I had all those calories for what? Its not like I even had enough to be the life of the party, I just sat there feeling guilty. I definitely won't fall off the wagon again!

You need to drink more than 1 or 2... :-). The guilt leaves me around then.
  • kballard66
    Options
    I"m in....I stopped drinking yesterday so this is perfect for me. I love my beer. Since I started on the 7th, I will go until the 7th of Feb.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Count me in, Christy!
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

100% this. If I have a couple drinks I'm not hungover and useless the next day by any means.
  • budricko
    budricko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with booze, though I am not a drunk. The problem with drinking is that one drink is fine, two is too much, and three is not enough.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the no alcohol in Jan thing as well, did it last year and felt good. This Sat, I expect I'll be drinking 2 glasses of wine as I had to push back an evening out from Dec to Jan and it includes wine. But I'll just do an extra week dry in Feb.

I'm not a big drinker I prefer my calories to come from carbs like bread and pasta :)
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it. I cant give it up all together so I now only drink on the weekends
  • ninjasinvegas
    Options
    I tried many times trying to stop drinking, but its hard when you're in a social event, especially during NFL season! What I've been able to do so far is to not drink during the weekdays, and limit my beer consumption during game day by baby sitting. LOL As far as liquor, I stopped doing mixed drinks and just do shots with ice water back or sip on the rocks to limit carbs from mixers/sodas.
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I already did two 9-month long alcohol challenges. When I was pregnant with each of my kids. I'm done. :drinker:
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    tZOS8.gif

This.
    Haha!
  • davidlo421
    Options
    I luv this challenge. Ive slacked off on the weekends for a few months. Count me in. Good luck everyone. .add me