no alcohol challenge!

Options

Replies

• chelrae23
    Options
    2-3 glasses of wine, a bottle of wine, drinking each night....that was my pattern for the last 6 months of '13. I decided to quit as well as of 2014, and I feel the exact same as you do! Big test this weekend, going out of town for the night with my fiance and going to a wonderful new restaurant that I would probably love a glass or bottle of wine with dinner, but I will try to resist! Good luck to you!
  • wilsondi
    Options
    Great challenge Christy :) -- I'm in!! I've not had a drop so far this year but being an Englishman a pint is like an arm, oh so natural -- I like a challenge :)
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I already did two 9-month long alcohol challenges. When I was pregnant with each of my kids. I'm done. :drinker:

this2_zps28ca6a74.gif
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I drank in Vegas for Thanksgiving (Because, Vegas, DUH) And NYE I had a major alcohol binge. I'm trying to do no alcohol until I hit my goal weight.

So far so good :)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Right after I bought a Super bowl square on Monday I decided to stop parlays, dog track, alcohol for the rest of the month to see how much extra money I have. I’m in =)
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    I'm doing the Cancer Research UK Dryathlon 2014

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/charity-challenges/dryathlon

Sober, healthy AAAAND for charidee :wink:

My nan died of pancreatic cancer this time last year and I have always been a big drinker, so this is an extra special challenge for me. Still, so far so good!
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!

Mine was to not drink alone anymore. @_@ Believe it or not I already see a difference in my gut.
  • ananda403
    ananda403 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was going to cut out alcohol for January too but it didn't work. I had a glass of wine when I went out with friends Saturday night and a beer Sunday when we had a friend over for game night. They tasted good but I had all those calories for what? Its not like I even had enough to be the life of the party, I just sat there feeling guilty. I definitely won't fall off the wagon again!

You need to drink more than 1 or 2... :-). The guilt leaves me around then.

lol so true! But along with the guilt every calorie I managed to burn all week also flies out the window. You win some, you lose some!
  • wilsondi
    Options
    I was going to cut out alcohol for January too but it didn't work. I had a glass of wine when I went out with friends Saturday night and a beer Sunday when we had a friend over for game night. They tasted good but I had all those calories for what? Its not like I even had enough to be the life of the party, I just sat there feeling guilty. I definitely won't fall off the wagon again!

So, so easily done after all its the world smallest wagon difficult to climb onto and oh so easy to slip off :)
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i've signed up to the "hellosundaymorning.org" plan and have set myself a three month goal

Good luck everyone, no drinking will certainly help with the diets !
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Christy :) -- I'm in!! I've not had a drop so far this year but being an Englishman a pint is like an arm, oh so natural -- I like a challenge :)

Ditto, also English, this is my 8th day, will go until 1st Feb and then rethink, maybe just a lunchtime pint a couple of days a week, or carry on without booze a bit longer, time will tell
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I go "dry" for a month twice a year. I'm alcohol free right now too! I love using exercise, cleaning or food prep as stress relief instead of vegging in front of the t.v. with a glass of wine.

I don't drink that much but it's amazing how much better I'm sleeping! 8 full hours and crazy dreams.

The best part is no days are wasted being hungover on the weekends either.

Keep it up! Week 3 gets hard for some reason but look at how far you've come by that point and you won't want to break your "streak".
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

I think it is good to give your body a break from foods that are harder on your system. I get what you mean with most things, but I think alcohol is different. It is good to see how it affects you when you don't have it at all. Like some of the posters have said, they've been amazed about how their weekends have changed and how much they have accomplished without drinking, etc. I imagine the end goal for most of them is to drink less all around and accomplish more, although I can't speak for everyone and their reasons behind it. Personally for me I just don't want to spend my extra calories this month on alcohol as I am not a big drinker anyway, and a lot of times when I do drink even just a glass of wine I end up snacking! I also swear I am lacking the enzyme that digests alcohol correctly because I can't even drive after one glass of wine :laugh: Thank goodness for my husband to drive me around :wink:
  • aeromat
    aeromat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Never have and never will!
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    Im with him lol
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I"m in....I stopped drinking yesterday so this is perfect for me. I love my beer. Since I started on the 7th, I will go until the 7th of Feb.

You better get wasted on the 7th because that is my birthday! Perfect day to start drinking ;)
  • taracangel
    taracangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well said "budricko", I totally agree with you!
  • aeromat
    aeromat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i dont drink at all so... lol personally ive never seen what all the fuss is about alcahol

I'm the same way. Never have and never will!
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

I am on day 3 of no alcohol and I can't even remember the last time I went this long without a glass of wine! I'm determined to see results this time though! CHEERS! :)
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    In!