What do you sneak into the cinema?

Options
Robide
Robide Posts: 101 Member
So, I'm off to watch Anchorman 2 tonight with some of the boys, and it got me to thinking about what to eat there.....

It's a habitual thing for me - when a film is on, the snacks come out. I love fresh popcorn when I'm at home, but lets be honest, cinema popcorn barely qualifies - stale, cardboard like stuff which is just dead calories.

I'm thinking I'll sneak in something else, but debating what - thus the question, what do you guys tend to snack on at the cinema?

Odds are, I'll take some of my biltong in tonight, but any other suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Smartfood white cheddar popcorn...every single time.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Nothing because the cinema that I go to, albeit not that often, serves meals and booze! :drinker: Win-Win!!!

But to answer your question I'd probably pop my own popcorn and smuggle it inside my purse.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Anything I can fit into a large purse.
  • Jenniferstone86
    Jenniferstone86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I recently went to the movies and took smart food popcorn. its popcorn but high in salt. we also took riesens in, and the amount of chewing involved with these was great to keep snacking down to a minimum. I bet you could take some veggies and dip or make popcorn at home and carry it in. Good luck!
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Not a freakin' thing. I consider butter popcorn and soda a "cheat" meal. I'm not totally depriving myself of stuff. I just have cut way back on the bad choices. If I go to the movies, I work out an extra hour and don't worry about the junk I eat in the theatre.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I usually take popcorn and a diet drink.
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not a freakin' thing. I consider butter popcorn and soda a "cheat" meal. I'm not totally depriving myself of stuff. I just have cut way back on the bad choices. If I go to the movies, I work out an extra hour and don't worry about the junk I eat in the theatre.

Does your cinema do fresh popcorn though? Because honestly, mine don't, and it's just stale rubbish they bring out in huge plastic sealed bags. I'd do the same if it were a treat!!!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly nothing - even before trying to lose weight. Because I'll just keep eating whatever's in front of me even if it's lousy until the end of the movie. That cinema popcorn? I think it's disgusting, too. I would normally never touch it. But I'll polish off a bag if it's handed to me in the theater.

So, if it were me, I'd take nothing in and go for a good meal or treat afterwards when I'm more present for my meal.

If I had to take something in, I'd measure out an acceptable amount of pretzels, or nuts, or dried fruit, or dark chocolate chips, or a candy like M&Ms. Or maybe a combination of the above. Whatever floats your boat. An acceptable amount of air-pop popcorn would never fit in my bag :)
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I gotta have a big green apple, water, and protein bar.
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's popcorn and cans of Zevia. I buy a large ice at concession and that is it :D
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    My local cinema makes fresh popcorn, which would be great if the boxes were not so big, and they were less salty.

I make my own spiced popcorn, then I bring some cheap candy and water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My local cinema makes fresh popcorn, which would be great if the boxes were not so big, and they were less salty.

One of the theater chains in my area makes a "light snacker" size popcorn - it is awesome. Although I've had the staff warn me it is really small - well duh that's why I want that size! They also have better tasting popcorn than the other chain in the area and lower calories - even for comparable sizes.

Personally if I want anything in the movies it is the popcorn they make. My kid was thrilled the other day when the same theater with the light snacker size also had skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Those would be hard to smuggle in though. If I'm not getting popcorn I'd just splurge a little on dinner first and just not eat in the movie.
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

Yes..Booze :drinker:
    Usually whiskey for my Coke Zero
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I actually don't care to eat at the movies but if I did, I'd probably smuggle in a chocolate bar or kids Clif Z bar.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A bottle of wine or perhaps a bottle of whiskey....depending on my mood.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    A burrito
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    George Forman grill and lemon pepper pork chops
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Vodka.