What do you sneak into the cinema?

Options

Replies

• Lori25880
    Options
    I like to take in Quaker Oats Cheddar cheese rice snacks. They are really good and low in calories and are close to popcorn.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Candy candy and more candy, plus a soda. But a friend of mine said she's been smuggling in some trail mix to stay on track.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I usually bring in a bottle of water and some dried seaweed. The seaweed is salty, making it a good substitute for popcorn!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on what i'm doing after

i have a friend who we sneak booze in just because we're planning on going out drinking after the movie and the theater booze is a way to pregame while seeing a movie you want to watch.

but now since i'm usually seeing movies either during a matinee right after the gym OR right after work and before bed, i sneak a whole meal in. best takeouts are fromthe vietnamese, chinese or mexican restaurants near the theater
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad. I help out at a small theater and people that sneak things in seriously hurt a theater. you have no idea how much money they don't actually make. you think they get to keep that ticket money? NOT.... the Film houses and Distributors like Paramount, Fox, WB,SONY, Disney they all take a % of the ticket sales right off the top sometimes even charging rent on the film that literally leaves the theater in the red unless they can make it up on concessions. Sometimes its REALLY Hard to make a profit on movies like that.

As for our popcorn... There is nothing better. Its from a local grower and popped fresh Every Showing.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I take in a bag/baggie of candy of choice, usually extreme sour patch kids. If you eat too many, and you suck on them like I do, your mouth starts bleeding, so it self-limits quantities. I also take in a sample bottle or 2 of Kraken. I just save the bottles and reuse. Yum.

I like the fresh popped popcorn, but only a couple handfulls. Definitely not worth $6 for the amount that I actually want.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I like to take in Quaker Oats Cheddar cheese rice snacks. They are really good and low in calories and are close to popcorn.

These are surprisingly good.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
    I need to go to the movies with you

One time I made finger jell-o with vodka, and snuck some slabs of that in in a tupperware. I barely remember Scream 4.

...which is why I quit alcohol years ago and switched to cannabis... I've never had a fun night that I forgot what happened since I quit the alcohol.

:smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad. I help out at a small theater and people that sneak things in seriously hurt a theater. you have no idea how much money they don't actually make. you think they get to keep that ticket money? NOT.... the Film houses and Distributors like Paramount, Fox, WB,SONY, Disney they all take a % of the ticket sales right off the top sometimes even charging rent on the film that literally leaves the theater in the red unless they can make it up on concessions. Sometimes its REALLY Hard to make a profit on movies like that.

As for our popcorn... There is nothing better. Its from a local grower and popped fresh Every Showing.

It's either sneak things in or go without. Either way, once I've spent $50 for tickets, I'm not spending another $100 on snacks. :explode:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    some cash so I can buy a large popcorn and a large Coke Zero
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

BAHAHA yes yes and yes.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I usually pop my own kernels at home and take them with me. If it's around meal time, I take a subway sandwich :smile:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    ploom-pax-vaporizer-4-630x419.jpg

GetImage.aspx?vector=fPol4vcJ0zRtxtR3pJza0eNgRpRqCxtWAZbG+kWHrkke21xRZClo8jdaqitFi03g
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    So, I'm off to watch Anchorman 2 tonight with some of the boys, and it got me to thinking about what to eat there.....

It's a habitual thing for me - when a film is on, the snacks come out. I love fresh popcorn when I'm at home, but lets be honest, cinema popcorn barely qualifies - stale, cardboard like stuff which is just dead calories.

I'm thinking I'll sneak in something else, but debating what - thus the question, what do you guys tend to snack on at the cinema?

Odds are, I'll take some of my biltong in tonight, but any other suggestions welcome :)

On the same lines as biltong, I sneak in beef jerky.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    So, I'm off to watch Anchorman 2 tonight with some of the boys, and it got me to thinking about what to eat there.....

It's a habitual thing for me - when a film is on, the snacks come out. I love fresh popcorn when I'm at home, but lets be honest, cinema popcorn barely qualifies - stale, cardboard like stuff which is just dead calories.

I'm thinking I'll sneak in something else, but debating what - thus the question, what do you guys tend to snack on at the cinema?

Odds are, I'll take some of my biltong in tonight, but any other suggestions welcome :)

How big is your purse?
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make curry popcorn and stick it in ziplocks in my purse. If I'm going with friends I give each of them a bag so I don't have to bring a big purse to smuggle it in.

I also like raisins and dried fruit which I'll sometimes pre-dip in yogurt or dark chocolate for a bit of a treat. I do the same with mini pretzels.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    raisinets, in a normal size box from Walgreens for ..99

And whatever the kids want.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in the cinema - I'm watching a film!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in the cinema - I'm watching a film!

tumblr_m74n6ncXQ61rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

then maybe places should have more offerings that are food allergy friendly?
    i'm one of those people who dont really have a problem with the price but with my gluten allergy there really isnt much i can eat at a theater. And i also used to work at a theater, so dont say popcorn. i know for a fact the "butter" has wheat in it