What do you sneak into the cinema?

Options

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cherries or grapes. They go great with movies.
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    i fill a ziplock bag with popcorn. Easy to bring in and i dont feel left out

:o)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bourbon ;-)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad. I help out at a small theater and people that sneak things in seriously hurt a theater. you have no idea how much money they don't actually make. you think they get to keep that ticket money? NOT.... the Film houses and Distributors like Paramount, Fox, WB,SONY, Disney they all take a % of the ticket sales right off the top sometimes even charging rent on the film that literally leaves the theater in the red unless they can make it up on concessions. Sometimes its REALLY Hard to make a profit on movies like that.

As for our popcorn... There is nothing better. Its from a local grower and popped fresh Every Showing.

There is one small theater in my area that I do not sneak food into because the cost of the tickets is lower and the food is reasonably priced, but the last time I took my 2 teenage kids and myself to a movie and bought a large popcorn and sodas for them and small popcorn and a bottle of water for me I was out nearly $65! I do not believe the large theaters are not making a huge profit on their concession stands and do not feel the least bit guilty about sneaking something in so I can treat my kids to a movie now and then. As it is, the tickets alone are nearly $35 for 3 adults in my area, so we are lucky if we get to go once every 6 months.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    this makes me sad. I help out at a small theater and people that sneak things in seriously hurt a theater. you have no idea how much money they don't actually make. you think they get to keep that ticket money? NOT.... the Film houses and Distributors like Paramount, Fox, WB,SONY, Disney they all take a % of the ticket sales right off the top sometimes even charging rent on the film that literally leaves the theater in the red unless they can make it up on concessions. Sometimes its REALLY Hard to make a profit on movies like that.

As for our popcorn... There is nothing better. Its from a local grower and popped fresh Every Showing.

There is one small theater in my area that I do not sneak food into because the cost of the tickets is lower and the food is reasonably priced, but the last time I took my 2 teenage kids and myself to a movie and bought a large popcorn and sodas for them and small popcorn and a bottle of water for me I was out nearly $65! I do not believe the large theaters are not making a huge profit on their concession stands and do not feel the least bit guilty about sneaking something in so I can treat my kids to a movie now and then. As it is, the tickets alone are nearly $35 for 3 adults in my area, so we are lucky if we get to go once every 6 months.

Yep, this is me, too. I have no problem buying food at the theater if I'm not paying $11 for my tickets.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Yep, this is me, too. I have no problem buying food at the theater if I'm not paying $11 for my tickets.

Out adult ticket price is $7 and $5 for kids. a Large popcorn is $5 and gets free refills.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Water and then I buy popcorn there.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Water. ha. Seriously, I refuse to pay several dollars to have water with me! (and once in a blue moon sugar free red vines)
    Otherwise I buy a big popcorn and love every minute of it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I understand larger theaters are really raping people. Out adult ticket price is $7 and $5 for kids. a Large popcorn is $5 and gets free refills.

Dammit, I wanna go to your theater! We have what we refer to as the "cheap theater", which is $3 for a ticket, and it's always older movies, but it makes it a lot easier to spend money at the concession stand. I think a small popcorn at the theaters here is $5, small soda is $4.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Almonds!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Just whatever candy's already in my purse-usually life savers and tic tacs :laugh:
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I always bring my own drinks and a snack. Diet soda or water and a protein bar :)
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My go to cinema snack are carrots and raw mushrooms. If there's space, I'll also throw some cucumbers into the bag. :) The people sitting around me give me very odd looks, but it's worth it.
  • sarahcyr3
    sarahcyr3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat anything but then again there is no such thing as sneaking in food here. I have a friend who brought a pizza to a movie with his gf. no one cares. Apparently the movie theater cares more about more people coming and buying tickets then their concession sales. But what depresses me the most is that there is never a shortage of dried squid, but they never have plain popcorn. Always onion, caramel, or cheese but no butter. oh Asia
  • supergirl222
    Options
    wine, champagne, a beer.... depends what kind of movie
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    a popcorn box with a hole in it.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Rack of lamb when I think I can get away with it. Usually though just something like a protein bar and some milk duds / hot tamales / black licorice. Bit I really don't get to the theater often so I am a poor case study.

And p*** off in advance you black licorice haters! It is food of the Gods. And Ouzo / Arak is (sometimes) drink of the Gods!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Always rum for my coke zero and maybe some popeyes depending on the size of my purse that day.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    So about 10 years ago I worked at AMC. What I didn't know it until I worked there but they had a policy that you could bring in any food you wanted (they reversed this policy like three years ago and you are no longer allowed too). We had a pizza shop and a chinese take out place next door. It was wild to see people bringing in large pizza and generals chicken to the movies, but it was allowed.

Weirdest thing ever, we got a complaint in a movie theater about a noise complaint. This guy had smuggled in his pet bird into the movie theater and it was chirping everywhere. I was in a small cage he smuggled in under the trench coat. People are crazy.