• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That freaking bread from Outback Steakhouse...Honey Wheat Bushman Bread

:love:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it took until the end of page 5 for someone to mention pretzel bread....so delicious. I also love cinnamon bread, but you can keep those disgusting little bugs (raisins) out of it!

I must have not found good pretzel bread because I fail to see why everybody worships it. I don't mind eating something calorie dense but I want to spend my calories on awesome, and it's not awesome enough to have it rather than a normal burger bun.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I must have not found good pretzel bread because I fail to see why everybody worships it. I don't mind eating something calorie dense but I want to spend my calories on awesome, and it's not awesome enough to have it rather than a normal burger bun.

I'm talking about a loaf of good, warm pretzel bread, not necessarily a pretzel bun. But you're right, maybe you just haven't found the right one yet. Keep searching, I promise it's worth it! Slathered with a delicious cheese spread or some grainy mustard...yum.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread is still going....<3
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I'm creepy/stalkery glad to see you still on here!

^_^!!! Hi! I pretty much not only fell off the wagon, but I think it ran me over, too. It was a really bad look...
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Agreed Bread was one of the keys that got me so big, I needed bread with everything I ate, now I try to pretend bread doesn't exist, even 1 slice of wholemeal is about 100 calories.
    Food cannot be bad (unless it is spoiled, poisoned, or you are allergic/medically intolerant).

I think we're fortunate in the US in that we have options of thinly-sliced or higher-fiber breads that are lower in calories. Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread is 80 calories a slice for a nice portion of hearty, chewy and delicious bread. You can find light breads that run 35-45 calories per (small) slice. And we also have the 100 calorie sandwich rounds, so you can have one half of the bun for 50 calories. That's what I did this morning, with some fat-free pimiento cheese on it. It was tasty.

If you don't learn how to fit things in to your calorie budget, it will be very difficult to find your sustainability. Are you going to forswear bread for the rest of your life?

I knew I'd get lambasted for posting my opinion on here.

Okay, yes, maybe poorly worded. Bread is not bad in the sense that it's inedible. Will I forsake most processed carbs from my diet for life? Yes. The fact is that I got up to 340 pounds by overeating processed carbs. Bread, rice, pasta, pizza dough, doughnuts, pretzels, etc. I choose not to eat the processed starchy carbs because I'm addicted to them. They affect the chemical receptors in the brain the same way that cocaine does. I choose not to eat bread on a regular basis because I can't control myself around it. I've been bread free for over a year, and I don't miss it. Yes, when eaten in appropriate amounts it's fine and might even carry a bit of a health benefit, however from my perspective, it's simply not worth it. I don't even keep it in the house.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Bread is cocaine now. Wow.

OK so you have issues with a particular food with regards to adherence. Fine. That doesn't mean it's a bad food. If people can eat it without binging it's fine.
  • HawkeyeTy
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Agreed Bread was one of the keys that got me so big, I needed bread with everything I ate, now I try to pretend bread doesn't exist, even 1 slice of wholemeal is about 100 calories.
    Food cannot be bad (unless it is spoiled, poisoned, or you are allergic/medically intolerant).

I think we're fortunate in the US in that we have options of thinly-sliced or higher-fiber breads that are lower in calories. Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread is 80 calories a slice for a nice portion of hearty, chewy and delicious bread. You can find light breads that run 35-45 calories per (small) slice. And we also have the 100 calorie sandwich rounds, so you can have one half of the bun for 50 calories. That's what I did this morning, with some fat-free pimiento cheese on it. It was tasty.

If you don't learn how to fit things in to your calorie budget, it will be very difficult to find your sustainability. Are you going to forswear bread for the rest of your life?

I knew I'd get lambasted for posting my opinion on here.

Okay, yes, maybe poorly worded. Bread is not bad in the sense that it's inedible. Will I forsake most processed carbs from my diet for life? Yes. The fact is that I got up to 340 pounds by overeating processed carbs. Bread, rice, pasta, pizza dough, doughnuts, pretzels, etc. I choose not to eat the processed starchy carbs because I'm addicted to them. They affect the chemical receptors in the brain the same way that cocaine does. I choose not to eat bread on a regular basis because I can't control myself around it. I've been bread free for over a year, and I don't miss it. Yes, when eaten in appropriate amounts it's fine and might even carry a bit of a health benefit, however from my perspective, it's simply not worth it. I don't even keep it in the house.

Bread didn't get you overweight, eating too much of it did...
  • newyear014
    Options
    mmmmm......the aroma of fresh baked bread.....yummmm....any kind....now I can't have any...
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options

tv-show7.gif
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Italian bread with sesame seeds or fresh baked Cuban bread still warm from the oven and smothered in real butter.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

Agreed. Unfortunately other people are going to try and tell you otherwise.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Look, if your only sources are debunked alarmist "documentaries" it's really time to do some more research and reconsider your position. Consider the possibility that you've been sold a bill of goods by biased sources and do a little critical reasoning and reading.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    bead, glorious bread ... it's all good. sourdough, crusty, with seeds ... hmmm bread :blushing:

love the thread, cause I watched my mother repeatedly 'fail' at Atkins, because she would lose weight, but then break down ... I did suggest to just eat less, but she informed me that 'her metabolism doesn't work anymore and she's hardly eating anything anyways, there is nothing to eat less off' ... sigh :huh:
  • HawkeyeTy
    Options

Because being "addicted" to bread is not the same as having an addiction to cocaine.

That's just stupid.
  • benefiting
    Options

Look, if your only sources are debunked alarmist "documentaries" it's really time to do some more research and reconsider your position. Consider the possibility that you've been sold a bill of goods by biased sources and do a little critical reasoning and reading.

And what about the governments, huh? What about the medical world? Are they all innocent too? There is a reason people are fat, sick and depressed. God forbid if other people have a different opinion. Geez.
  • HawkeyeTy
    Options

And what about the governments, huh? What about the medical world? Are they all innocent too? There is a reason people are fat, sick and depressed. God forbid if other people have a different opinion. Geez.

Wait.

Are you suggesting it's the governments fault that people are fat?
    Not our own?
  • jonnythan
    Options

Not sure what government and medical people have to do with whether wheat and bread are bad.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    croissant... a properly made, freshly baked croissant.

edit: is a croissant classified as bread?
  • benefiting
    Options

Wait.

Are you suggesting it's the governments fault that people are fat?
    Not our own?

Can you not see the conspiracy? The government doesn't give a **** about us at the end of the day. Especially the medical part of it, a pill for everything and yet there is people who suffer long time illnesses that are on medications and then there is all the side affects along with it!