Alfit88 Posts: 279 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wow great work everyone!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    jenn_boomz wrote: »
    WELP, today was our last workout for Insanity's 60 day original program. My total weight loss is 8 pounds, and my husband slid in at 26 pounds lost.

Biggest physical difference I noticed was strength in my hip flexors and aerobic endurance. My hips are tons stronger. I went for 72 mile bike ride yesterday to the St. Croix River Valley (Afton) and even after climbing hills, averaging 16 mph for the entire ride, I wasn't sore. No knee pain, no back pain, no hip pain. I mean, my muscles are tired, but not in pain. Considering that's the first long ride I've done this year; that's really relieving and good news for me. Especially, considering I've been having a lot of problems with my hips and knees in the past couple of years.

ALL the weight I lost was fat loss. I upped my caloric goal, but worked to make sure my macros were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat. We didn't follow a strict diet plan, per se, but we did cut out all alcohol and replaced all sugary snacks like ice cream and cookies with smoothies made with fresh fruit, veggies, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and protein powders. We also worked towards not having added sugar, though not avoiding sugar in form of things like fruit, honey, and real maple syrup. These weren't hard dietary commitments AT ALL, and I never felt deprived or felt cravings for anything. VERY occasionally we did order pizza, and once, we went out for greasy burgers and fries. All other meals were home-cooked, regular meals. Nothing crazy, or strict in any dietary sense, just good old fashioned food. Meat and potatoes kind of meals. No salads, unless we wanted one, but it was rare. It's almost a sort of anti-diet plan, and we don't have any desire to start eating cookies and ice cream on a nightly basis again.

One thing that did change in my diet is monitoring my macros, as I mentioned above. It was hard at first to hit 40% protein and to keep my carbs under 40. Protein shakes helped. Fat was another thing I really had to concentrate on adding to my daily intake. I started buying full-fat yogurt and nuts to snack on.

My husband is going to continue with Insanity Max 30. I will do a lot of those with him, but I will be focusing on more cycling-specific workouts going into the race season. I'm SO happy to be down to race weight before the season is started. We're probably going to do Insanity Asylum in the fall after I finish cyclocross. I'm looking forward to that. I'm super proud of him. He's never been a workout kinda dude; just a hard working one. I love how into he got, and I love how motivated he is by how good he feels.

I'm not sure if I'm done with alcohol forever, but after taking these months off from it, it's hard to ignore how great I feel without it. Plus, it seems like I have so much more money now. lol I'm to the point I still think about it, but it's easier and easier to be like, "Nah, I'll just crack a la croix." And, when I do, I'm actually thankful it's not a beer. I'm cool with folks drinking around me, and I've received nothing but support and love from my friends, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll have a beer or two again, maybe I won't.

1yxfg5gsya3d.jpeg
    do5qz1xtqi8j.jpeg
    i40v4tyjaq2e.jpeg

Wow good job on the "fat loss" and not "weight loss" like most.

I'm not sure I understand why you wanted to lose that last 8 lbs., but glad that it was perceived fat instead of just weight. Maybe time for maintenance?
  • jennynunez77
    jennynunez77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How in the heck do i upload pics??? Since i can't check out my profile pic
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How in the heck do i upload pics??? Since i can't check out my profile pic
    @jennynunez77
    On the PC:
    Look above your reply box. You should see an icon that looks like a page with the top right hand corner folded over. Click that and you will be given the option to upload from your pc. Once it uploads the code that is required for the picture to show up in the post will be in the reply box.

On iPhone App:
    Look above reply box for a camera icon. Click that and you should be given the option to take a picture or upload from your camera roll. After it uploads, the code for the picture to show up in your post will appear in the reply box.

On Android devices:
    -Open a web browser (not the mfp app)
    -Go to MFPS forums from the browser
    -now when you look at your reply box you should see a camera icon. Using that will allow you to take a picture or upload one from your device. Once uploaded the code for the image to show up in your post will appear in the reply box.
    the icon to upload pics does not show up from within the app on most Android devices
  • heatherdear18
    heatherdear18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    photo.jpg

c96361e6-1fe9-42b9-a6a4-8da9c7e552cb.jpg

fb5c0fe3-17c7-4396-ace1-a3d650de4497.jpg

Wow! Amazing! Great job
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Some really amazing transformations here guys, congratulations. You all look so much younger too!
  • monicaale38
    monicaale38 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    186.1 pounds gone in 42 weeks!

et3a7rqglk08.jpeg

Great job!
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! U all look amazing!!! So inspiring!!!
  • rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!