Planet Fitness removing squat racks? Aroo?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yet another reason to not go to planet fitness ..what a joke….

whats next…no deadlifting..oh wait…you can't do that either..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    lunk-alarm-640x250.jpg

So..drinking out of a gallon water jug is... judgmental?

Oh..

is this the judgement fee zone that judge a guy with a gallon of water jug?
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem here.

People who want to use squat racks have lots of gym choices.

People who don't want gyms with people who use racks have apparently only one choice. Why do you want to take that choice away from those people?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

On this trajectory it's only a matter of time before first the Olympic barbells and then the fixed barbells are gone. Then the dumbbells and benches.

After that they'll start on the cardio machines until there is nothing but ellipticals left (that'll show those smug treadmill runners).

Then they'll get rid of those too and be free to pursue their true business model - monthly pizza club subscription.
  • ndj1979
    Options

People who don't want gyms with people who use racks have apparently only one choice. Why do you want to take that choice away from those people?

what about the current members that use squat racks?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

That logic is flawed.

I don't use a spin bike. As long as a gym has all the equipment i do use, i don't care that there are also spin bikes in there and that other people use them.

A gym is a gym. The squat rack is one of the most used pieces of equipment in a gym. I fail to see the logic in getting rid of it.
  • ndj1979
    Options

On this trajectory it's only a matter of time before first the Olympic barbells and then the fixed barbells are gone. Then the dumbbells and benches.

After that they'll start on the cardio machines until there is nothing but ellipticals left (that'll show those smug treadmill runners).

Then they'll get rid of those too and be free to pursue their true business model - monthly pizza club subscription.

maybe that is their master plan ..lure everyone in with pizza and slowly eliminate all the gym equipment….
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    On top of the bad service, I found it hypocritical to read signs about not being judgmental when they were clearly being judgmental as a company all the time.
  • ndj1979
    Options

That logic is flawed.

I don't use a spin bike. As long as a gym has all the equipment i do use, i don't care that there are also spin bikes in there and that other people use them.

A gym is a gym. The squat rack is one of the most used pieces of equipment in a gym. I fail to see the logic in getting rid of it.

good point…I don't use the treadmill, but I don't want it eliminated from my gym..
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

They're all lunks anyway. Meat heads with brains and genitalia destroyed by steroids. Obsessed with looking at themselves in the mirror and grunting. Worst of all - they judge people.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Planet Treadmill
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    wow glad I go to a different gym-I love doing squats so if I belonged there I wouldn't stay-I heard you can't even drop a dumb bell-they would hate my gym-if people don't like squat-they just don't have to use it-pretty soon they will only have treadmills there lol
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    lunk-alarm-640x250.jpg

... Judgement-free
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

That logic is flawed.

good point…I don't use the treadmill, but I don't want it eliminated from my gym..

I don't use the trainers....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

They're all lunks anyway. Meat heads with brains and genitalia destroyed by steroids. Obsessed with looking at themselves in the mirror and grunting. Worst of all - they judge people.

:flowerforyou:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

maybe that is their master plan ..lure everyone in with pizza and slowly eliminate all the gym equipment….

I'm going to open a pizza joint next door, and put a squat rack in the middle of the dining room.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    wow glad I go to a different gym-I love doing squats so if I belonged there I wouldn't stay-I heard you can't even drop a dumb bell-they would hate my gym-if people don't like squat-they just don't have to use it-pretty soon they will only have treadmills there lol

don't squat and don't be a lunk…bahahahahaha
  • ndj1979
    Options

I'm going to open a pizza joint next door, and put a squat rack in the middle of the dining room.

bahahahahahaha..

I will open a donut shop next store and put a deadlift station in it….
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

YES!!!!!!!!! Make sure your pizza oven blows pizza farts in their general direction.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

more like planet Deuche….