Planet Fitness removing squat racks? Aroo?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

more like planet Deuche….

Planet Fitless
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of anything I would actually do at a Planet Fitness. Maybe they have pull up bars?
  • Pixt
    Pixt Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1510514_10151836266624856_1504902590_n.jpg

Apparently, they just don't want to risk the possibility that one of their members might actually ... build muscle.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of anything I would actually do at a Planet Fitness. Maybe they have pull up bars?

probably not as that might lead to grunting….

I guess they have dumbbells…that only go up to 40# or something?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

Planet Fitless

planet scrawny
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    yet another reason to not go to planet fitness ..what a joke….

whats next…no deadlifting..oh wait…you can't do that either..

On this trajectory it's only a matter of time before first the Olympic barbells and then the fixed barbells are gone. Then the dumbbells and benches.

After that they'll start on the cardio machines until there is nothing but ellipticals left (that'll show those smug treadmill runners).

Then they'll get rid of those too and be free to pursue their true business model - monthly pizza club subscription.

maybe that is their master plan ..lure everyone in with pizza and slowly eliminate all the gym equipment….

I'm going to open a pizza joint next door, and put a squat rack in the middle of the dining room.

bahahahahahaha..

I will open a donut shop next store and put a deadlift station in it….

Okay...IN, I will open a Starbucks INSIDE of it and put a pull up bar in the middle of it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    yet another reason to not go to planet fitness ..what a joke….

whats next…no deadlifting..oh wait…you can't do that either..

On this trajectory it's only a matter of time before first the Olympic barbells and then the fixed barbells are gone. Then the dumbbells and benches.

After that they'll start on the cardio machines until there is nothing but ellipticals left (that'll show those smug treadmill runners).

Then they'll get rid of those too and be free to pursue their true business model - monthly pizza club subscription.

maybe that is their master plan ..lure everyone in with pizza and slowly eliminate all the gym equipment….

I'm going to open a pizza joint next door, and put a squat rack in the middle of the dining room.

bahahahahahaha..

I will open a donut shop next store and put a deadlift station in it….

Okay...IN, I will open a Starbucks INSIDE of it and put a pull up bar in the middle of it.

we will freaking surround the place!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

Planet Fitless

planet scrawny

Planet Wimpiness
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

probably not as that might lead to grunting….

I guess they have dumbbells…that only go up to 40# or something?

Awesome. I could do some curls.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

Planet Fitless

planet scrawny

Planet Wimpiness

Planet Witless
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

Planet Fitless

planet scrawny

Planet Wimpiness

Planet Witless

Planet No Gainz
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lunk-alarm-640x250.jpg

This is the most judgemental and disgusting thing ever. So its ok for them to judge individuals in tank tops and drinking water?! WTF.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Apparently, they just don't want to risk the possibility that one of their members might actually ... build muscle.

planet-fitness-television-tv-stations.jpg
    sjgymres-the-hashtag-for-our-first-photo-challenge
    deadlift_planet_fitness1.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMkcqymcLukiISj9aJepC0YTLtrztw8uhR8GhQtDUvuJvjCsbk
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Planet Treadmill

Planet Fitless

planet scrawny

Planet Wimpiness

tumblr_llt8dse8Qb1qchj0fo1_500.jpg
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow. There aren't any of these gyms near me so I don't know much about them. What I thought was that they wanted to make the gym less prohibitive for the first-timer, which I support but not to the point the place is child-proofed. I was intimidated as hell to approach the squat rack for the first time and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. That was a big win!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

They don't want any beefcake there. Beef is only okay on pizza.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Wow. There aren't any of these gyms near me so I don't know much about them. What I thought was that they wanted to make the gym less prohibitive for the first-timer, which I support but not to the point the place is child-proofed. I was intimidated as hell to approach the squat rack for the first time and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. That was a big win!

never been in one either and from what I have heard I am glad of that...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    lunk-alarm-640x250.jpg

This is the most judgemental and disgusting thing ever. So its ok for them to judge individuals in tank tops and drinking water?! WTF.

and grunting, don't forget grunting. i take serious offence to this b/c on any given day in any given workout, I may or may not grunt. Like a lady of course.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    lunk-alarm-640x250.jpg

and grunting, don't forget grunting. i take serious offence to this b/c on any given day in any given workout, I may or may not grunt. Like a lady of course.

in…for grunting ladies…lady like of course...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    next they will say you can only do 12 reps or more because anything less that that is "bodybuilding"