What could you eat everyday and still lose weight?

Options
I have a few meals and snacks I use as my go-to but could use some new ideas!
Some of my favorites are:
baked salmon with couscous and sauteed peppers/onion
pasta with red sauce and 1/2c low fat cottage cheese
Scrambled egg on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado
Cajun jambalaya (add a jalapeno!)
Salsa chicken

What do you love? What should I add to my list? =)

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Anything! I have no restrictions. I just hit my macros.

and add pop tart ice cream sandwiches. Sooo worth it.
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ideas for meals...
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Lol just saw the bottom part!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options

and add pop tart ice cream sandwiches. Sooo worth it.

To a pregnant person that sounds sooooo good right now!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Saaaame.

But one of my all-time favorite meals that I have for breakfast any time I have the time, is eggs in a hole. Its where you cook your eggs inside pieces of toast with butter. It's SO GOOD and it's pretty healthy, always fits into my calorie and macro goals very nicely :)
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/egg-in-a-hole-see-alternate-names-below/

ETA: That recipe is just the basic idea, I modify it slightly to make it a little healthier.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I want and lose. Nothing is off limits. :bigsmile:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    If I could eat pad thai EVERYDAY and cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries I would. NO JOKE! However, the healthier options would be pineapple cottege cheese(not much healthier I know) and hard boiled eggs.LOVE THEM! or bananas.

Okay lets go hardboiled eggs and bananas with almond butter. yup I am sure I could eat those everyday. :bigsmile:
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Yes, I understand we can eat anything in moderation and still lose, the point was to gain new recipes...

The egg/toast idea sounds yummy!
  • flabbykelly
    Options
    I usually make a 4oz Tilapia fillet with garlic and crushed red pepper and lemon. Then eat it over brown rice. It's filling and really low calorie.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You could really eat anything as long as you are eating at a deficit. Just fit it into your day.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    mmm tilapia sounds good!

and @rather my friend cut up banana, melted almond butter and dark chocolate, dipped the banana pieces and froze them... delicious!
  • randomtai
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with my sandwich maker... The best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker-by-Hamilton-Beach.jpg
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with my sandwich maker... The best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker-by-Hamilton-Beach.jpg

Yum! What do you put on them?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It probably wouldn't be wise to eat this all day every day but it's my favourite soup recipe at the moment. Can't wait to make another batch this weekend.

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/southwestern-black-bean-soup
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options

Saaaame.

But one of my all-time favorite meals that I have for breakfast any time I have the time, is eggs in a hole. Its where you cook your eggs inside pieces of toast with butter. It's SO GOOD and it's pretty healthy, always fits into my calorie and macro goals very nicely :)
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/egg-in-a-hole-see-alternate-names-below/

ETA: That recipe is just the basic idea, I modify it slightly to make it a little healthier.

I will have to serve this to my husband !! He loves his yoke like that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Anything...I just fit it into my calories and macro goals. No particular food makes you fat...consuming more calories than your body needs makes you fat...consuming less than your body needs results in your body dipping into energy reserves (fat stores) to make up for the energy (calories) you are not eating.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Yum! What do you put on them?

Anything you want. I usually put cheese, bacon and egg. Sometimes I will add a slice of tomato. It even makes great lunch sandwiches like grilled cheese.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Vitatops 100 calorie muffin tops. SOOOO good...and filling too!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You don't mean quinoa or oats, do you? You want to hear that we eat cake and cookies and such and still lose weight, right?

It's all a balance. Low fat dairy and proteins and of of course fiber. There's room for a little treat but not a LOT of treats.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    One of my new faves for breakfast right now is 2 over-easy eggs, on brown rice, covered in salsa verde. Kind of a "healthy" huervos rancheros. The yolk and salsa coating that rice is so yummy! :)

Also love pork tenderloin or chicken breast, seared in the pan, then roasted in the oven after covering it with dijon mustard and thyme. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!