What could you eat everyday and still lose weight?

Options

Replies

• softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My go to foods are spinach, kale and carrots. (I try to always have them in my fridge...) I've added spinach to chili to increase my vegetable intake. (I've juiced kale, spinach and green apple. That was pretty good also.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    @chezjuan- do you like panko or cornflakes better? Or a mix of both? I have not tried cornflakes as a breading yet...

I don't have a preference, it really depends on the taste I am trying to get. I tend to do panko on fish more, because I like the texture it gives to those dishes.
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My go to foods are spinach, kale and carrots. (I try to always have them in my fridge...) I've added spinach to chili to increase my vegetable intake. (I've juiced kale, spinach and green apple. That was pretty good also.
    Everyone applauds kale- but I just can't get into it!! I need a cool recipe I think
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have everything in moderation.

My normal everyday foods are bacon, eggs, toast (for now), chicken, veggies, more chicken, some more veggies, maybe a yogurt and maybe some other kind of meat.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Eggs fried mixed with black beans and sriracha.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    In. For more info on the Egg McMuffin maker. :love:
    And I usually have the same general go to menu. Cereal or Eggos or oatmeal for breakfast. Chocolate peanut butter protein shake mid morning, soup or sandwich midday. Huge mandarin chicken salad with cranberries and cottage cheese or Subway for supper. Ice cream every day for dessert. Sometimes expanded to the famed Poptart ice cream sandwich if I have earned enough calories. :bigsmile:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in to your macros.

Every day of my life:
    - omelet w/ avocado and ham along with blueberries and strawberries.
    - Salmon and spinach salad
    - Choc whey protein, banana, oatmeal shake
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    I seriously have to try this poptart ice cream sandwich. Do you just slap em together and go or do you have to let it freeze a bit? And whats the best flavor? I'm thinking smores or cinnamon sugar with vanilla, but theres gotta be a whole wide poptart world out there!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Everyone applauds kale- but I just can't get into it!! I need a cool recipe I think

I've used kale as a filling for a calzone. Comes out pretty good that way.

Make a batch of pizza crust (needs to be flexible so you can form it around the filling) and divide into 2 or 4 pieces depending on the amount of dough. Roll out into about 7" circles. Fill with basically whatever you want - sautéed veggies such as broccoli, spinach, kale, mushrooms, meats like pepperoni (or turkey pepperoni), Italian sausage, etc.). Add some mozzarella (or your favorite cheese) on top of the filling. Fold over into a 1/2 moon shape. Bake following the dough directions until golden brown. Top with a good pizza or pasta sauce.

The way I make them, they are about 600 - 700 calories for a whole calzone, so it is a dinner in a pouch.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My mind is ruined by the internet food wasnt my first thought :S :blushing: sorry to bring blue to the chat!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Chezjuan, this sounds like it would be good with flattened buscuit dough rolled around it!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    My mind is ruined by the internet food wasnt my first thought :S :blushing: sorry to bring blue to the chat!
    I'm surprised it took THAT long for someone to go there!
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised it took THAT long for someone to go there!

It was the very first thing that came to my mind! jesus.. although i have just eaten my dinner.. so i guess im not hungry! haha! :blushing: sorry people! still to answer the question.... and i'd still lose weight! :D
  • lyricsmamma6469
    lyricsmamma6469 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stuffed pepper soup!! There are tons of recipes out there so you could look it up to get the appropriate serving size - - I always substitute ground turkey for the ground beef and brown rice for the white rice, and if you like spicey you could always add spicey peppers for a kick. Sooooo addicted to this soup. I actually crave it from time to time!
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Smithfield makes seasoned pork loins that are AMAZING. I meal prep every Sunday and I have this on the menu EVERY week.

I also love roasted vegetables. My faves during this season are yams, butternut squash, acorn squash, zucchini, potatoes, carrots. I chop them into ice cube size then drizzle a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder but I've also heard of people using Mrs. Dash. Roast them at about 375 for 20-30 minutes or until slightly browned. Have that with a protein and it's amazing, low calorie, high in micronutrients.

I also will make egg whites with ANYTHING since I love eggwhites so much. My fave combo is onions, peppers and some low fat cheese.

I also have this recipe for what I call Thanksgiving Meatloaf that is phenomenal:

Thanksgiving Meatloaf

Meatloaf
    1 pound lean ground turkey
    1/4 red pepper diced
    1/4 green pepper diced
    1/2 white onion diced
    1 shallot diced
    3 tsp ground garlic or 3 cloves
    1 whole egg
    1 cup cooked brown rice

Cranberry sauce
    1/2 bag ocean spray cranberries
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 lemon (juice)
    1/4 bosc pear (brown one) chopped small

Mix turkey ingredients, form into meatloaf and cook in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
    Bring water and sugar to a boil in small sauce pan, add cranberries and chopped pear let boil for 3-5 minutes until cranberries pop open. Lower heat to medium low, mash cranberries with a fork or wooden spoon. Let simmer for another 5 minutes then turn off flame and let sit.

About 30 minutes into the cooking time for the meatloaf, add cranberry sauce on top and return to the oven for remaining 10-15 minutes.

Nutritional Value (per serving)

Calories 297 Carbs 26g Fat 10g Protein 24g

Enjoy!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Stuffed pepper soup!! There are tons of recipes out there so you could look it up to get the appropriate serving size - - I always substitute ground turkey for the ground beef and brown rice for the white rice, and if you like spicey you could always add spicey peppers for a kick. Sooooo addicted to this soup. I actually crave it from time to time!
    This made me hungry....and made me want to add curry for some reason?? Think I'm gonna try it, tho it could be awful!
  • lyricsmamma6469
    lyricsmamma6469 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...and if you like mushrooms, get the huge portobello mushroom caps and use that as your crust for a pizza. I stuff mine with red sauce, mozz cheese, green peppers and onions. Normally I'd order pizza with mushrooms, green pepper, and onions so the mushroom cap works perfectly!! lol Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    @ Jackie- haven't had pork loin in forever! I had this apple bourbon one that was amazing- thats going on the menu next week... or maybe plain pork loin with the cranberry sauce...

My lunch is in 10 minutes and I am starting to drool...
  • amy0975
    amy0975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Crocpot Chicken Taco Chili - 1 can of red beans, 1 can black beans, 1 can of sweet corn, 1 diced onion, 1 can of diced tomatos, 1 can of tomato paste, 2 cans of water, 2 packets of taco seasoning and 4 chicken breast.
    Throw it all in a crockpot (chicken can be frozen) cook for 8 hours on low. Dip out the chicken breast and shred, mix back into mixture. Serve with Salsa, Sour cream, tortillas, etc. 100 calories per cup.

Grilled Tilapia with garlic and parsley serve with steamed broccoli & cheese.

Ham and egg cups - line a muffin tin cup with a piece of thin sliced ham, make any omlet mixture you like and pour in the middle of the ham cup. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. It makes cute little tulip shaped breakfast cups. I like to make a batch on Sunday that way I have breakfast prepared for the whole week.