What could you eat everyday and still lose weight?

Options

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Yes, I understand we can eat anything in moderation and still lose, the point was to gain new recipes...

You know there's a whole section of the message boards for recipes, right?
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfasts:
    - 2 pieces of light rye bread with cream cheese (topped with tomato, peppers, and onions) and 2 poached eggs
    - breakfast shake (almond milk, vanilla whey, banana, matcha powder) and a piece of light rye toast with peanut butter
    - instant oats with honey, walnuts, cinnamon, and chopped apple
    - a piece of light rye toast topped with butter, tomato slices, red onion, and an over-easy egg (with fruit on the side)

My go-to lunches:
    - spinach salad with cucumbers, onion, red pepper, feta cheese, turkey breast and poppyseed dressing
    - A sandwich on light rye with mayo, mustard, turkey, cheddar, spinach, onion, and tomato (side of bell pepper strips)
    - a bowl of quinoa with ANY vegetables, cheese, and lunch meat chopped up into it
    - Tuna salad (flaked light tuna, mayo, green onion, salt, pepper, hot sauce) wrapped up in butter lettuce leaves, and an apple
    - Egg salad sandwich (egg, mayo, salt, pepper, green onion, hot sauce) on light rye, with carrot sticks and tzatziki
    - Pita bread with hummus, and an apple with peanut butter

My go-to dinner formula:
    ANY vegetable tossed with oil and spices and roasted + ANY meat seasoned and pan fried in coconut oil + Any grain or starch

(One of my favourite dinners is roasted cauliflower with smoked paprika, pan fried red snapper, and quinoa with feta.)

I hope this gave you some ideas! Friend me if you'd like to see my food diary. ^_^
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    I cannot eat a lot of sweets or salty snacks. I find my homemade chili made with lean beef and also chicken breast is my way to kick start a few pounds off. --and lots of fruit and veggies.
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What is macro??
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!! I have it almost every night.
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with my sandwich maker... The best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker-by-Hamilton-Beach.jpg

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS!!!! Where did you get it!?!?!?
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oats with egg whites, PB and berries!
  • Nicole_gets_a_grip
    Options
    parmesan, mushroom and spinach omlette with crispy grilled bacon slices and rocket salad.
    home made leek and potato soup (also carrot, squash and coriander)
    Pork steak, mashed sweet potato, mushrooms, brocolli, onion gravy
    Curry
    Pasta bake
    Spaghetti bolognese

There's not much I won't eat as long as it fits in my calories. I always have a big evening meal... I like food!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I have a few meals and snacks I use as my go-to but could use some new ideas!
    Some of my favorites are:
    baked salmon with couscous and sauteed peppers/onion
    pasta with red sauce and 1/2c low fat cottage cheese
    Scrambled egg on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado
    Cajun jambalaya (add a jalapeno!)
    Salsa chicken

What do you love? What should I add to my list? =)

yes anything!!!!! its all about portion control.

there is nothing you can eat all day long and not gain weight except for pickles lol
  • nadiawilder
    nadiawilder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A couple of my "go to" snacks and meals are:

- greek yogurt with a couple of fresh blackberries

- raw, natural almonds

- Omelets !I eat egg white omelets almost daily. Love them! Add a little salsa and sour cream with chopped bell peppers. :)

- Taco Salad - weekly staple with lean ground beef; sometimes turkey

- Chicken Stir Fry
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    here is my go to list

hard boiled eggs.
    apples
    oranges
    pears
    bannana

crock pottery - I but steak and chicken. toss in random vegetables and a spice packet next to the gravy in the grocery.
    Really can't go wrong with any combination and I can set it all up in less than 10 minutes.

Macros are Protein/fat/carbs
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have a few meals and snacks I use as my go-to but could use some new ideas!
    Some of my favorites are:
    baked salmon with couscous and sauteed peppers/onion
    pasta with red sauce and 1/2c low fat cottage cheese
    Scrambled egg on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado
    Cajun jambalaya (add a jalapeno!)
    Salsa chicken

What do you love? What should I add to my list? =)
    Whatever makes me feel most satisfied and energetic. For me that is PLENTY of protein. Not too high in carbs, plenty of fat. But everyone is different.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    http://pnf.blob.core.windows.net/images/box_images/Roasted-Red-Pepper-Tomato-450.png

This stuff is the bomb, and only 100 cals per serving!
  • fitmalika
    Options
    houmous toastie thingy??
    make two slices of toast (granary/seeded/brown bread) & sandwich them together with houmous (red pepper houmous is nice) and lettuce.you can add cheese or whatever but yeah the houmous and lettuce combo goes well.
    quick, simple, healthy lunch :)
  • Jamie_Jamz
    Options
    Breakfast:

Florentine Breakfast Sammy - Toasted 100 cal English Muffins (0 cal cooking spray and garlic salt - or sea salt), grilled tomatoes, sauteed spinach, your choice of cheese (i like using smoked gouda).

Breakfast Burrito - Low Cal Tortilla, Scrambled Egg + 1 egg white, Cheese, 2 spoons of Black Beans, Salsa, and 1/2 TBL of Lite Sour Cream.

Cereal - 1/2 Cup of Healthy Fiber & Protein packed cereal (i.e. cardboard cereal) and 1/2 Cup of tasty cereal (i like doing frosted flakes or lucky charms) + 1/2 Cup of Milk & Dash of Cinnamon.

Lunch:

2 oz of Burrata Mozzarella, Slices of Tomato sprinkled with salt, olive oil and Balsalmic, Fresh Basil Leaves 1 piece of galic toast.

Grilled Cheese with Tomato and a cup of Soup

Dinner:

2 Oz of Fresh Pasta with Marinara (marinara mixed with low fat - or skim- ricotta cheese, spinach, bell peppers, garlic) topped with a homemade meatball or sauteed veggies like mushrooms

Baked Salmon with Sweet Potato Mash and grilled asparagus

Mini Meatloaves with Cauliflower Mash and cucumber salad
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Vitatops 100 calorie muffin tops. SOOOO good...and filling too!
    Love these!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    You don't mean quinoa or oats, do you? You want to hear that we eat cake and cookies and such and still lose weight, right?

It's all a balance. Low fat dairy and proteins and of of course fiber. There's room for a little treat but not a LOT of treats.

Do people read the post?? Once again...looking for new healthy recipes. I am highly aware you can eat anything in moderation adn still lose weight and believe me, I have my favorite "treats" and cakes and cookies already. I am looking for RECIPES
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    A couple of my "go to" snacks and meals are:

- greek yogurt with a couple of fresh blackberries

- raw, natural almonds

- Omelets !I eat egg white omelets almost daily. Love them! Add a little salsa and sour cream with chopped bell peppers. :)

- Taco Salad - weekly staple with lean ground beef; sometimes turkey

- Chicken Stir Fry
    I add salsa to omelets but never thought to add some sour cream...sounds tasty!!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    This looks amazing!!! =)