What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• sdbeachbum
    sdbeachbum Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The Social Animal by David Brooks. Awesome read!!!
  • makenoexcuses
    makenoexcuses Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Rereading The Fault in our Stars by John Green for the third time... I have a problem. :embarassed:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King :)
    Currently on book 3/8: The Wastelands
    Awesome series

Have read through this thread and seen so many that I have read and enjoyed, I am currently reading Wilbur Smith's 'Courtney' Series for the 4th time in my life. If any of you are on Goodreads you can see what I read here https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7607026 feel free to add me as a friend. I normally read around 3 books per week.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading the brilliant THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak before the film's released in the next few weeks. Highly recommend it.

I'm incapable of reading just one book at a time so I'm also in the middle of:

- GAME OF THRONES (Book 1) by George R. R. Martin - struggling with this beast!
    - THE EMERALD ATLAS by John Stephens - good but I'm not in love with it

And last night I finished THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson. Brilliant but very disturbing book.

I absolutely love, love, love THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO and the rest of the books in the series. I'm disturbed the author died and I hope his family and long-time girl-friend can come to an agreement and release the last book.
  • iAmStarStuff27
    iAmStarStuff27 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The Long Earth - Terry Pratchett, Stephen Baxter
    Ex Heros - Jay Snyder, Khristine Hvam
    Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 <--my second Pynchon book & unsure if I want to continue this. i'm developing a love/hate relationship with him.
    Science and Dissent in Post-Mao China (for my night class)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hollow city by ranson riggs
  • emmanuel4everjackson
    emmanuel4everjackson Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The book of Proverbs (Amplified) - It is full of Wisdom and is very inspiring (to say the least).
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The Triathlete's Training Bible - Joe Friel
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (don't usually find reading difficult but for some reason this is not easy to follow).

As someone else said, I'm not one to just read one book so I'm also reading The Kingmaker's Daughter by Phillipa Gregory.

Some great books in this thread. Must print the list out :smile:
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Belgarath the Sorcerer by David Eddings (really book 11 in a set of 12; starts with Pawn of Prophecy, the first book of the Belgariad). I'm re-reading the whole set again.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    Veronika Decides to Die - Paulo Coehlo (author of The Alchemist)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card. Read the Ender series long ago, as well as all of the Bean series, Book of Gifts and Ender in Exile. Now on to the prequels.

I just started the Ender series - Read Ender's Game, then Ender in Exile, now I'm nearly done with Speaker for the Dead. Next the last two in the the Ender Quintet and then the Shadow series.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I just finished "The FInancial Lives of Poets" - about a guy who gave up his relatively steady and almost tenured role as a financial journalist to start his own web news page that covered market analysis and investment advice in verse - dark humour, decent book.

I've also just read "May We Be Forgiven." I highly recommend A.M. Holmes, but "This Book Will Save Your Life" and "Music for Torching" are much better reads.

The funniest book I've ever read is, "Apathy and Other Small Victories" by Neils Seppen.
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Dark Warrior series by Donna Grant. Good books so far!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    "Honour" by M.B. Feeney, "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde, and the First Year Teacher's Survival Guide :P
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline, and "The Poetry Home Repair Manual" by Ted Kooser
  • BekaHoog
    BekaHoog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Kate Daniels Magic Series... by Ilona Andrews.. IN LOVE with this series!!!! Finally a fantasy magic book for adults and not teenagers!!
  • BekaHoog
    BekaHoog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you like urban fantasy.. you should Definitively read the Kate Daniels Series, Starts with Magic Burns... AMAZING AMAZING series!!
  • akillilea0812
    Options
    I am wrapping up "dark places" by gillian flynn and next I am going to reread ender's game (before the movie comes out).